[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't there a remake to the original metal gears? (metal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Metal-Gear.jpg (286 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Metal-Gear.jpg
286 KB, 1366x768
Why isn't there a remake to the original metal gears? (metal gear 1 and snake's revenge)
>>
>>337448004
Because literally nobody would play them, and there's only so much you can do with 26+ year old games.
>>
Because Konami went completely bat shit insane.
>>
Because remakes are fucking poison and fuck you for wanting them. Bet you cried tears of joy at the resources being wasted on Final Fantasy 7 Remake
>>
>>337448004
Because there isn't need for it. MGS1 gets the player up to speed and their stories are relatively bare bones. And given their age a remake would likely barely resemble the originals anyway, so what's the point?

MG2 in particular remains a highlight for Metal Gear, so go play it you turbo-baby. Not everything needs a remake just because it's old.
>>
>>337448004
Konami would sooner make mobile remakes
>>
>>337449842
>MGS1 gets the player up to speed and their stories are relatively bare bones
This. Not to mention MGS1 retcons some bits of MG1 and 2.
>>
>>337449950
A faithful handheld remake would be the only thing I'd accept.
>>
i see why you wouldn't do are whole remake in game form, but why not just make an animated graphic novel, like the ones they made for fucking MGS1 and MGS2 with ashley woods drawings?

they even used the style in Peace Walker and Portable Ops.
>>
>>337448004
I just noticed you named Snake's Revenge instead of MG2: Solid Snake.
>>
>Snake's Revenge
This game is shit
>>
Because the metal gear franchise has been milked to death and the last thing we need is more installments
>>
>>337452593
Probably because MGS1 is really similar to MG2
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.