[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: specs.jpg (127 KB, 427x820) Image search: [Google]
specs.jpg
127 KB, 427x820
Gonna build my 1st one ever (always got hand-me-downs from my bro but mine's now seriously dying) and this price is what I can afford to spend reasonably.
Anything I'm overlooking or maybe choosing wrongly? please comment on what you think I should change.
Didn't pick an OS since I would prefer to continue using win7 but I'm starting to realize I'll have to upgrade to 10 at some point
>>
PSU?
>>
>>337441147
1st one from the top, Cooler Master G750M
>>
>>337440727
You don't need a 750w gpu, a 500w will do more than enough with that graphics card.

Get an i5 that you can actually overclock, like an i5 6600k, with the money you'd save by getting a cheaper psu.

16 GB of RAM isn't necessary. If you wanna just save $30 or something buy 8 GB now and then 8 GB later.

I'd also invest in a motherboard that could do some decent overclocking. With some spending reallocation and a little bit more dough you could create a significantly more powerful machine.
>>
>>337440727
>no waffles
ya fucked up.
>>
>>337443731
nothing wrong with a 750w if you plan on upgrading (or overclocking) in the future.

But make sure you get a quality PSU even if it means getting a lower wattage
>>
Ditch the SSD and get a better GPU, SSD are great a huge quality of life bonus but have pretty much no effect on games other than load times.
>>
16gb is overkill unless you're using photoshop a lot.
>>
>>337443935
Maybe so. But please OP, I don't know how the pricing is where you live, but here, the i5 6600k is over $50 cheaper than the i5 5675c you're getting. If you can get a 6600k for cheaper like in the US, please get it and then spend the money you saved on a better motherboard that can run games better.
>>
>>337440727
get a 250gb ssd for OS and get a 1gb hdd for sttorage, you should even save money like this

go for 8gb of ram for now

dont spend more than 40-50 euro on a pc case btw

you can also go with the cooler master g650m if its cheaper, its good

get an OCable K. Maybe it would be smart to get a 4690k even now and a z87/97 if its cheaper than the skylakes?
>>
>>337444178
Oh and also cards are getting more and more energy efficient. 600w is more then adequate, 750w is the threshold into overkill.
>>
>>337443935
Thanks for the insight, I'll keep that in mind.

>>337444178
Holy shit yes it is, thanks

>>337443731
Alright, good to know
any suggestions for mobo then?
>>
Wait one more month till the new gpu series comes out.
>>
>>337444010
drawfag photoshop user here.
thats a lie. you dont need 16gb.
>>
>>337444623
Go to newegg and look up LGA 1151 motherboards. Find one that matches your budget and also has comfortable reviews. A suggestion might be an Asus board. I'd recommend getting a 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, A 500w PSU, the i5 6600k, a mid tower case that's not too expensive, the 4gb 960, and at least a $130-$140 motherboard that has good reviews and overclocking capabilities.
>>
>>337445069
Or, if you want to wait a month, perhaps anticipate either getting something like the 1070 or a potential price drop in the GTX 970 into the 960 range.
>>
Getting a 960 now? hahaha nigga just wait for the 1070 to come out should be close
>>
>>337444740
Makes sense as I'm not a drawfriend. Though I always hear people spouting that 16gb is good for photoshop and illustrator.

I'm sorry for spreading lies/misinformation
>>
>>337440727
Do you need and iris pro on-die GPU in your CPU? Why not choose a cheaper i5 then put the money towards getting a 970
>>
>>337445069
Changed some stuff, already quite a bit cheaper overall

stupid question for y'all probably but I'm thinking of getting another monitor (I have two right now but one of them is a prehistoric dell)
How am I supposed to connect 2 monitors when there seem to be only 1 port ?
>>
>>337445921
modern videocards have more than one port
>>
>>337445921
The 960 has multiple ports. Then you can extend the displays. About the 960 though, personally I'd wait until the next line of graphics cards come out in less than a month.
>>
>>337446086
>>337446228
Alright thanks, wasn't sure

I'm not going to be gaming so much on my pc as to justify getting the new gen cards
actually I'm mostly going to be playing older PC games I either missed out on or just couldn't play at the time.
>>
>>337446435
go buy a used r9 270 if you are gonna play older games then upgrade when the new shit hits, if you want that is
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.