[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: tos_logo.png (124 KB, 402x220) Image search: [Google]
tos_logo.png
124 KB, 402x220
How bad is it?
>>
grindan adventure for nolife losers
>>
I like it but it runs like shit and there's way too many good items that drop from daily/time based shit as opposed to good items that are rare drops/have to be grinded for..
>>
bots: the game
>>
>>337435105
This, its terrible, cant believe everyone was hyped for this shit, im not really someone that likes bashing games, but this game was a huge letdown.
>>
>take Ragnarok
>stretch the grinding out 3x
>make any attempt to specialize an all new class, but don't add new ideas while forcing one class's gimmick to be "able to make a guild"
>make it a linear slog through the Main Quest, completely ignoring the best appeal Ragnarok has
>make combat different, but LESS fun somehow

I dunno, man. Maybe it'll be fun once I meet up with my friends and start a guild at fucking endgame. If we're all even interested by then.

You will get bored alone.
>>
>>337435036
>Tree of Brasil
Its shit
>>
>>337435384
this
>>
Released way too soon.

If it had another year or two, it might have been good. Right now it's got so many problems that need fixing and so little time to fix them I doubt it'll ever be in an actual good state.
>>
>>337435775
>play shitty games
>complain that you're playing with shitty people
>>
>>337435105
>>337435540
so like Ragnorak online
>>
>>337435036
Pretty bad. It's nowhere near being MMORPG it's just an online shared world RPG with all the cons along with it.
>>
>Like the look of the game, but decide to install the game anyway and wait a week for F2P
>F2P launches, try to launch from steam, it just sends me to the store page in an infinite loop
>Try deleting content through steam
>Still says in library, but wont let me redownload it
>Delete everything related to it manually
>Still in library
>Reinstall steam into new folder
>Still in library
>Discussion page filled with BRs and other non English speakers, no info on how to solve the problem

Literally cannot play the game, so that's somewhat telling.
Kind of a shame, because my roommate has been able to play fine, and the game looks great.
>>
File: 1402609564663.gif (877 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1402609564663.gif
877 KB, 300x200
Makes me sad the game is beautiful to look at but holy shit it just isn't any fun at all. The multiple classes had me really hyped, and I bought the early access shit only to regret it hours later. I'm usually okay with grinding, but this game felt ridiculously tedious. Wish it was better, but by this point I'm used to things that hyped me up being disappointments.
>>
I played on release day and only saw 4 other players. Only 2 of them I could be sure weren't bots. I'd say its pretty much dead on arrival. Also Orsha sucks, they just took enemies and bosses from level 100+ and scaled them down for new players. At least if you play the game normally you'd eventually see some different names pop up.
The original side has more people running around but those areas are still like barren with only the mobs you'd need to complete quests. Someone ran to join my friend and I in our party and then halfway through the first dungeon he meets up with another group and they're all speaking some foreign language.

The anti-bot stuff makes the game really painful to play. Like I really want to buy level 15 gear because it's the only equipment until you get to 45 but I'm locked out of the market for 3 days. Like other people have said it does nothing to curb the botting. In a casual afternoon I went from 80k to 40k on the rankings board for my class.
>>
>>337436247
Yes. RO was overrated garbage because it's babby's first MMO.
>>
>>337436412

Orsha is the empty server. Other servers are so full people are forming lines as long as the map while waiting for quest objectives.
>>
>>337436535
I've been trying to play the Orsha story on Klapedia server. It was less confusing when they used the goddess names, they have plenty to use.

One more thing I'm pretty upset about is how awful swordsmen are for no reason. I guess they figured the higher classes will phase out old skills, but I'm still 150+ levels away from anything good down here in the swordsman tree. With skills that hit for a whopping 120 damage while everyone else can kill monsters just by looking in their direction.
>>
>do you want to have fun now, on an ultimately worthless build?
>or have a good build later but play something utterly worthless for 500 hours first?

its the worst designed game i've ever seen
>>
I actually really like it. Just started and am using a guide for a class I'm interested in. Worst part about it is the weird lag every now and then and how I can't add my friends to my friends list...
>>
>>337437260
It sounds so good on paper though, but IMC's execution of it was trash.
>>
>>337437260
THIS, JESUS CHRIST

i see all these idiots with useless builds blowing away mobs, while i am stuck sucking asshole because i am using a good build.
>>
>>337437861
hint: the "good" builds don't give you that much utility at endgame that it's worth suffering for

figure out the builds yourself by playing them and you'll have a much better time

the problem is the game punishes you for doing this
>>
>>337438139
if you "figure out the builds by playing them" you will reroll many many many many times.

also how is wiz3ele3 not worth suffering for? best damage in the game by far, although I am about to say FUCK IT and reroll something else
>>
>>337438320
because wiz3 is 100% suffering 100% of the time for 1 skill

seriously, you can go pyrolinker and have a 2000% better time and still be good

hell, even cryo3 is better
>>
>>337438403
so why does everyone say wiz3 is the best damage by far?
>>
>>337438739
because being future-proof was and is still a meme
>>
>>337435036
>straight line railroad themepark
>bots
>pinoys
It's "don't even bother" bad
>>
wiz3 is ok with magic missle, wiz2 was a huge pain and ele1 is underwhelming but ele2 sounds fun
>>
I'm one of the well known attentionwhores from the generals and the month and a half long wait killed any desire to play. I was willing to set aside the fact that it was a bad game, but scummy practices and such a long wait finally made me stop caring.
>>
File: 1460861675302.jpg (182 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
1460861675302.jpg
182 KB, 800x720
>misspell my team name, fuck up caps lock as well
>costs RL money to change it
>it shows up as a last name for your character
>don't even want to play anymore since the account is tied to my steam
>>
>want to play musketeer because barely any games have it as a class
>get into the game and sink a few levels into archer
>turns out it'll be roughly 300 hours of grind before i even unlock musketeer, let alone get to try and enjoy the game playing as it

why did I have to get false hope yet again, I just wanted to believe I could have fun
>>
Did anybody else give up around Novaha Monastery or the Chapel or whatever, around Lv40 because all of a sudden it went from average speed to not making any fucking progress at all
>>
Are bots really a problem? But the store page says it has VAC enabled, I thought that solves most stuff in source games
>>
>>337440298
This isn't a Source game, the cheat detection is done with Gameguard or something which interferes with VAC.
>>
>>337440373
so it's not a VAC game? fucking liars
>>
>>337440298
funny thing, reporting a bot wasn't even a feature until it was added like, 1-2 weeks into release, THEN IMC starting banning bots.

that just shows how understaffed they are, and should be evidence on how overrun with bots/RMT the game is.
>>
>>337440569
This game practically bots itself anyway, and Gameguard is completely useless against hacks.
>>
The game is fundamentally boring. All combatants are the same except bosses, who you cannot willingly choose to fight, they instead are at the end of quests.

Feels like you're fighting level 1 slimes for 280 levels. Zzzz. I gave it a try and really wanted to like it but its just dull.
>>
>>337436334
You're missing out on nothing don't worry.
>>
I went back to blade and soul.
>>
>>337441979
Is it easy to write a bot there? Is there RMT? Asking for a friend...
>>
huge player base, but it lags a lot. 500ping on eu. It launched f2p 2 days ago, no cash shop. that should tell you enough.
>>
>>337442205
Lots of bots in BnS but they aren't able to do any difficult things. Good at farming world bosses though.
>>
>>337440261
the xp curve resets at 46
just burn all your xp cards
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.