[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think its possible to turn something as child friendly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Mario and peach.jpg (382 KB, 783x900) Image search: [Google]
Mario and peach.jpg
382 KB, 783x900
Do you think its possible to turn something as child friendly as Mario into a more story serious driven dark game?
>>
In a Conker's Bad Fur Day way, yeah.

That doesn't mean it'd be good. In fact, that's a case in point.

I'd rather have Twelve Tales Conker than Bad Fur Day.
>>
>>337429339
no
see: bomberman
>>
see shadow the hedghog
>>
>>337429610

>I'd rather have Twelve Tales Conker than Bad Fur Day.

Kill your'reself.
>>
>>337429339

What would be the point?
>>
Mama mia motherfucker
>>
>>337429339

>Something normally family friendly becomes dark and edgy

I hate this meme.
>>
>>337429796
I dunno man. When I first played Bad Fur Day I thought it was something a couple of teenage edgelords thought up. The controls were kind of awful in a lot of areas too. Not a huge fan.
It wasn't until the developer playthrough a couple years ago that I realized it was made by people who actually thought the game was funny.
>>
File: Chad_Warden.jpg (7 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Chad_Warden.jpg
7 KB, 320x240
>>337429339
>flag

Was Chad Warden right?
>>
>>337430020
>let'sa fuckin go
>>
File: BombermanActZero_USBOX_Mrated.jpg (548 KB, 1200x1696) Image search: [Google]
BombermanActZero_USBOX_Mrated.jpg
548 KB, 1200x1696
Like this?
>>
Gta: Mario when
>>
File: smb.jpg (382 KB, 1230x693) Image search: [Google]
smb.jpg
382 KB, 1230x693
*cough*
>>
File: Smg3.png (59 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Smg3.png
59 KB, 200x200
>>337430020
>>337430408
>You mama f*cker
>>
>>337430681
Yeah, but that was dark for entirely different and wholly more retarded reasons.
>>
>>337430117
I hope he gets super speed.
>>
>>337429339
I believe that someone could TRY, I don't believe that it would be any good.
>>
>>337430795
It might be the reason Nintendo is completely against taking the Mario series in a different direction though, it was a big embarrassment to the company and the Japanese especially aren't the type to forget that kind of thing.
>>
>>337429339
The mario rpgs turn mario into a more story driven game.

In terms of making it "dark" - sure, someone could do it, but I don't know why they'd want to.

Teenagers seem to have this weird obsession with making children's things dark and edg. I remember being 13 and being obsessed with this picture of a shy guy holding a mini gun that I saw on deviantart. As an adult, I don't really understand the appeal any more.
>>
Super Paper Mario is like an emo teen's mario game, if you want that.
>>
>>337430279
Wait... what? You thought the game about the giant opera singing poo wasn't meant to be a comedy?
>>
>>337429339
You could do a darker game involving alot of lava levels and ghost houses etc. but serious story driven mario is not really an option.
>>
>generic hollywood office lady and mister gun man mcmuscles
>adult

But the OP pic looks like they turned a neckbeard (30+) franchise into a game for screaming preteens (~12).
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.