[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good PC controller for gaming? Or is the xbox 360 better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: F310.png (43 KB, 521x342) Image search: [Google]
F310.png
43 KB, 521x342
Is this a good PC controller for gaming? Or is the xbox 360 better? Mostly going to be used for Dark Souls and emu/platformers like Risk of Rain.
>>
>>337426427
I remember it being decent. Some people don't like the D-Pad but I think it's good
>>
>>337426515

Yeah I need a good d-pad, but the Dual Shock controllers are pretty expensive.
>>
>>337426427

It's actually pretty good, yes. Personally I think the shoulder buttons on this are better than PS and Xbox controllers.
>>
I bought one for like $20, it is ok, not that ergonomic for me, I have big hands. The D-Pad is ass, wiggly and horrible. The L2 and R2 arent multi level pressure sensitive, just on or off so kind of crap for driving games. Bought pic related for $40 and its excellent all the way around. Shouldnt have been a cheap ass the first time, when will I learn.
>>
>>337426427

360 controller is garbage, forget about it.
>>
>>337426427
I have it, its pretty good, I've never had a game reject it so there's that going for it.
>>
YEah I have two F310 and one F710 , you can play old and new games because It has Ximput and DirectImput.
>>
They do the job but I've been through 2 of the fuckers already. If you're a hard-ass who slams the buttons harder when you're pissed expect it to break, oh and it's fucking loud on that note. I made an LP and had to delete it because of the noise.
>>
>>337426427
It's basically the generic version of the 360 controller with a PS stick/D-pad layout, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You can pick up a few for the price of one controller from Microsoft which is a plus in my book.

Only personal gripe is that the buttons get worn a bit easily. My "A" button got a little too "pressed in" after a few months of light use. It still works, but it doesn't have that hard "click" of the other buttons anymore.
>>
>>337426427
Very good for emulation, but imho you're better off with an X360 controller for Dark Souls and Risk of Rain. Personally, I use the X360 for RoR.
>>
File: 022.png (451 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
022.png
451 KB, 800x1200
>>337426427
Been having an issue with the damn thing always registering RT inputs on its own without me actually pressing the button. Has gotten me killed in souls a shitload of times at this point. Thing's less than a year old. Kinda sucks.
>>
>>337428998
This is what I'm using and it's pretty good, but the D-pad is not the best, especially for Dark Souls. I find myself switching items/weapons on accident when it registers the D-pad press as a diagonal when I meant to hit a single direction.
>>
Huge deadzones.The face buttons are very stiff and the triggers take a lot of pressure to depress. It's rock solid and take any amount of punishment.
It's a tradeoff between speed/ease/quality of input, and being able to take a beating if you're careless with your electronics or take out your inadequacies on them.
>>
Shitgarbage d-pad, triggers that launch an insurgency against you if you try to use them, and torture-tier ergonomics unless you have babby hands. Get an XBone controller or a Steam Controller/fighting pad combo.
>>
>>337430997
This. The left analog has a deadzone issue that has been around since the days of the old Logitech DualAction controllers and they STILL HAVEN'T FIXED IT.

Also the shoulder triggers love dying.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-13-01-10-18.png (454 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-13-01-10-18.png
454 KB, 1080x1920
>>337426427
>>
>>337426427
Wiiu pro
>>
xbox one controller is top tier

360 and dualshock 4 is high tier
>>
>>337426515
>Some people don't like the D-Pad but I think it's good
What? The D-pad is the best (and arguably only good) part of the controller, it's Saturn-tier
>>
That controller's triggers are physically painful to use for any prolonged duration. I know because I actually own one.

Just get any Microsoft controller (360, One, Elite). They're much more ergonomic and comfortable, and any PC game you play will use button prompts based on a Microsoft controller, anyway.
>>
do yourself a favor and get an xbone controller, or a 360 controller if you're a poorfag
>>
>>337426427
I have it and I like it. The dpad is slightly sharp and it could feel a bit heavier but overall its good quality and at a good price imo .
>>
having both isnt a bad idea honestly
>>
>>337428998
This. OP, that Logitech controller may be cheap, but its honestly not worth it at all. It's clunky, uncomfortable, and has multiple issues with analog sticks (google search "F310 deadzone/drift" for examples.)

You're much better of springing ten or twenty dollars more for a wired/wireless 360 controller. Or even spring for an Xbone controller if you have the extra money for it.
>>
>>337426427
got this for 14€ on ebay no complaints so far just be careful with the end of the cable that goes in your controller because that tends to wear out over time with logitech controllers
dpad is garbage tho
>>
It's decent. Nice that it has both XInput and DirectInput. Not sure if I'd recommend it over a 360 controller.

The dpad annoys me because it's quite easy to accidentally press the wrong direction due to the sort of 'hat' design rather than separate buttons, e.g. if you hold right but slip up/down a little you might get up/down inputs.

The triggers also get fatiguing after a while; they're quite stiff. As >>337434575 said. For example, I was playing through Saints Row 3 recently and after driving for a long time it actually became quite painful, had to constantly switch fingers.

>>337428998
Pretty sure the triggers are analog ("multi level pressure sensitive"). That's part of the reason I bought it. They're very stiff though.
>>
>>337434498
Its a memmeme here to claim otherwise, get with the mindless crowd.
>>
I have both. Depends if you like the playstation design or xbox design better. I tend to go with the 360 pad
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.