[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the best Mario Kart?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: Mario_Kart_Series_Infograph[1].png (1 MB, 1252x626) Image search: [Google]
Mario_Kart_Series_Infograph[1].png
1 MB, 1252x626
What was the best Mario Kart?
>>
>>337416260
Doesnt matter, DKR, Crash Racing, Sonic Allstars racing or whatever else alternatives they had were better.

All MK had going for it were better battle stages, and at least as of MK8 they stopped making real ones
>>
>>337416260
Double Dash followed by 8
64 is probably the worst
>>
>>337416260
Double Dash and 8.
>>
DS and 8
Super Mario Kart is the worst by comparison since Super Circuit has all its tracks+multiplayer
>>
mario kart arcade gp
>>
I see the double dashcucks aren't even a minute late to the party
>>
If your answer is Double Dash, you have objectively incorrect
>>
>>337416260
8, easily. DS and DD are close for second, though.
>>
>>337416880
Arcade GP controls like ass and the tracks are boring.
>>
>>337416260
Double Dash
if you believe otherwise _______________________________________________________kill yourself fam________________________________
>>
Crash Team Racing
>>
>>337416260
DS and 8 are the best followed by wii and DD. every other game is kinda scattered after that, with 64 and gba near the the end
>>
File: ayy.jpg (24 KB, 192x244) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
24 KB, 192x244
>>337416531
>>337417085
>>
I thought I was alone in liking DS over 7.
DS is so fucking fast and insane. I love it.
>>
>>337416880
Have you played that shit? It's flashy sure but it's fucking boring
>>
What made Double Dash good, exactly?

I didn't like the drifting or the clunky ass karts desu.
>>

There is no other argument. As bad as the fucking N64 was for everything else, the only reason to own one (or emulate it poorly) is to play MK64 because the rest are just shit by comparison.
>>
>>337417365
>can't even play three player with BGM
64 was shit.
>>
>>337416553
64 is the worst 3D one, SC is total ass though

other than that I agree with you
>>
>>337417365
The only good thing about 64 was battle mode and DS did it better.
>>
>>337417085
>>337417201
I'm assuming this is just another case of /v/ being hipster faggots? I never heard of this game growing up, whereas my whole group of friends would get together and play Mario Kart. Hell, I'm in university now and at a lot of parties there are hosts who will break out their Gamecube and have Smash/Double Dash tourneys while we drink
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ_WhLmDg1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7qn-qjtOl0

What was the best retro track redesign?
>>
>>337417672
You and all your friends are manchildren that need to expand their tastes beyond games that have 'Nintendo' stamped onto them
>>
File: 1452464859138.png (104 KB, 374x334) Image search: [Google]
1452464859138.png
104 KB, 374x334
8 > DS = DD > 7 > Wii > 64 > SC > SMK
>>
Double Dash, though I really enjoy 7 for some reason

8 is good, but sometimes the complexity and twisting of the track in anti-gravity makes it tough to make out where you're supposed to be going. 8 best soundtrack though
>>
>>337417672
You're being the hipster here. The game was well-received.
>>337417774
I really like what they did to this track. Second favorite is probably Royal Raceway. I'm not really bothered by the castle portion being removed, it looks great.
>>
>>337418232
>though I really enjoy 7 for some reason

I remember playing 7 every weekend with /v/ during that early 2011 3DS launch period

It was comfy as fuck, I got all the collectibles and memorized every goddamn track. It's not the best but it's got a place in my heart. Im sure those guys are cancerous now though.
>>
>four games and two DLC packs and your favorite course still isnt a retro track

j u s t
>>
>>337416260
8>DD>64>Whatever else>>>>>>>>>>>>Super Mario Kart
>>
>no Rainbow Cup in MK8 which is every retro Rainbow Road

MK8 RR was sort of ass and N64 RR was too simple and needed more tricks.
Best RR is still 7
>>
>>337418574
While I hated the fuck out of the new tracks, I genuinely think 7 did retro tracks the best. They nailed all the right picks.

There wasn't a single shitter.
>>
>>337418734
64>DS
In what universe?
>>
64, battle mode, block fort.

The game of champions.
>>
>>337418423
That's probably a large part of the reason I like it so much. Mario Kart 7 /v/eekends were incredible fun. Like you said, not the best, but so many good memories of it.
>>
DS is objectively the best

>anyone can race in anyones kart
>great roster
>wifi for battle and racing
>portable
>stats actually matter
>mission mode
>customizable emblems
>no bullshit items besides blue shell
>god tier control
>>
8 was legitamately a really nice game, the only weakness is splitscreen multi being shit.
>>
>>337417774
Rribbon Road
>>
>ask someone what their favorite 64 track is
>they say rainbow road

IT'S THE WORST FUCKING TRACK FUCK OFF
>>
File: Down_Beat_Vince.jpg (35 KB, 478x357) Image search: [Google]
Down_Beat_Vince.jpg
35 KB, 478x357
Double Dash = 7 = DS > The rest
>>
>>337419882

Yoshi's valley is the worst solely because of the giant fucking egg

>try to go on the shortcut
>fucking spinies in the way EVERY TIME
>>
>>337416260
I liked Mario Kart DS, and by the looks of it, I'm not alone. Also, excluding the original and the arcade games, 64 was the worst
>>
>>337419882
64 had the only good rainbow road.

Eat shit.
>>
File: mario-kart-7-logo.jpg (63 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
mario-kart-7-logo.jpg
63 KB, 570x300
Does /v/ still play MK 7? How is the online?
>>
Super Mario Kart is the only one that doesn't have game-ruining power-ups, so Super Mario Kart.
>>
>>337419449
mk7 only had one gba track though and it was another damn bowser castle
the most boring one at that
>>
>>337416260
Double dash is the only bad one in the series. Thank goodness all the 18 year olds on here never got to play it so the majority userbase can't circlejerk it anymore.
All those threads about it years ago on /v/ made me realize that people are dumb as fuck and don't strive to critically think about their favorite games they just put rose tinted glasses on and wax on and on about their bad games.
>>
>>337417365
MK64 has by far the worst Rainbow Road in the entire series, it's worthless.
>>
>>337420054
>Muh track with guardrails for pussies that's retardedly long
>>
>>337416260
64 had best aesthetic and music.

8 had based gameplay. Wii had best maps.

64's esthetic was based of mario64 and it was glorious. Each mario kart is based off that current gens mario btw.
>>
8 or DS. It's crazy how good 8 is after how mediocre Wii was.

Also, the arcade games are great, you can play the first two on a modded Wii or on Dolphin.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.