[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you counter the Bastion x Reinhardt combo? pic unrelated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
How do you counter the Bastion x Reinhardt combo?
pic unrelated
>>
I don't mind overwatch threads, but I'm confused.

Why are there still so many posts like this where the OP asks a question as if they are still playing the game? Nobody can be playing it right now, right?
>>
>>337412279
i usually try killing them
>>
File: 1462928570767.jpg (129 KB, 832x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462928570767.jpg
129 KB, 832x1000
>>
76 works well, dip in dive between cover, get the shield down and you got a constant self heal.
>>
>>337412279
Junkrat and Pharrah
>>
>>337412279
>#1 flank

or

>#2 keep pouding reinhards shield from cover until it breaks

or

>#3 Mei wall
>>
>>337412279
Genji bullet deflect?
Use Phara, go over them and rain death?
Grenade launcher spam?
Get a tracer to go there really fast?
>>
Uhh teamwork you dumbass
>>
Roadhog hook bastion out of position (brings him out of turret mode) or reinhardt into your team to be killed. Widow to snipe from different angles or after reinhardt is removed.
>>
>>337414083
>Genji bullet deflect?

Even if Bastion is retarded enough to keep shooting instead of pausing for a second the shield with eat all damage.

>Use Phara, go over them and rain death?

Dies instantly to Bastion, wtf are u thinking anon.

>Get a tracer to go there really fast?

Same as above.

/v/ being terrible at games again I see.
>>
>>337415618
But the problem with this combo is being unable to survive enough to do damage.
With bullet deflect, you can get in range to distract them. Either bastion leaves turret mode, or reinhardt will drop his shield. This is when your team is supposed to rush them.
As pharah, unless they are in a really close place, you can just get in from behind.
It takes around 3 rockets to kill anything, and as soon as reinhardt faces you, your team can strike from the front.
Tracer can also pretty much pop in from everywhere. You don't actually need to kill them, just for one of them to change their defensive stance.
This is all null in those last base capture point where you literally can't get behind them though.
>>
>>337412279
Flank them with a ranged damage dealer. Take out bastion and then take out rein hart.
>>
With two Bastions and maybe two Reinhardts.

Every other answer is nonsense.
>>
that egyptian slut shoots through shields with the charged up pistol
>>
>>337417398

Such a lack of imagination....

but yeah, the INDIAN Queen Symmetra is your best bet; her charged shot can kill Bastion fast and goes through Reinharddick's shield.
>>
>>337413404
more of it is never brought up and it is the combo that annoyed me.
>>
>>337416610
>requires good teammates
explains why I get fucked so hard.
>>
>>337420841
Yeah, the real problem is that this combo is fucking easy to do. No real communication needed, just 2 people with some very general idea.
To counter, you need timed effort from 1 or more teammates.
But on a real, actual tournament, this wouldn't be nearly an issue.
Fuck actual tournaments.
>>
>>337421354
>winston
>tracer
>Mercy
that's it from what I heard.
>>
>>337421570
There are plenty of counters.
But they only actually counter when these 2 are alone.
Put a soldier, mercy and possibly an auto turret and gg.
Though you could go full reinhardt and bastion to counter.
>>
>>337412279
Just work the shield down over time. It's usually impossible for Rein to set up in such a way that you have to be in Bastion line of sight to also be able to hit the edges of his shield. If the whole team shoots it then the shield folds pretty quickly. After that you just... shoot Bastion with rockets or arrows or whatever. It's not a big deal.

Usually what happens when people run this strategy is that it takes the first spawn wave by surprise, then they organize and defeat it in about a minute or less afterwards. Once offense gets rolling Bastion has a much harder time getting set up again and often just has to switch off to something else.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.