[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FALLOUT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Fallout_Box_Art.jpg (74 KB, 620x500) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_Box_Art.jpg
74 KB, 620x500
About to play this for the first time, what should my SPECIAL setup be? Also are there any differences between the "updated" Steam version and classic?
>>
>>337412013
For dialogue, high INT is way more important than CHA.
>>
Dump everything into luck and charisma
>>
>>337412013
Whatever you want, faggot. Do you want me to hold your hand through the quests too?
>>
>>337412013
I just realised how many wires and smaller details are missing from the t-51 in 4
>>
>>337412013
1 agi, 10 luck, 10 cha

To be serious, 1 luck, 3 cha, 8 int, 7 str, 6 end, 10 agi, get the trait that increases your SPECIAL by 1
>>
10 luck
unarmed only
Jinx
>>
>>337412013
what ever you like man
>>
>>337412213
For keks, low INT is the best.

>are you a water chip?
>>
>>337412013
>>>vr
>>
Wish me luck boys
>>
>>337414663
You're going to need it
>>
>>337414041
>can't redirect properly
Lurk for a few years before posting
>>
>>337414663
You don't need more than 6 ST, you can put power armor later which gives you 4 ST.
And EN just HP. 5 would be ok. Put rest of them into AG, IN and PE.
>>
>>337415847
You only need 5 str actually, you can buy a str upgrade as well
>>
>>337412946
Having luck lucks lets you get more caps than you will ever need and the best weapons in the game. Get 9-10 luck.
>>
>>337415984
We talking about fallout 1.
>>
>>337413024
Literally some of the funniest shit I've seen with this build. Enemies can't do shit.
>>
>>337416652
The doctor in the BOS can upgrade your stats.
>>
>>337417745
Holy shit you're right.
>>
>>337417745
Yeah, its funny how in most fallout games str is pretty much the dump stat once you know what you're doing.

Unless you're doing a theme run
>>
High AGI for killing things
Decent STR for carrying loot
High INT for all the good dialogue options and maximum XP
Low CHA because it's a shit stat in FO1

If you want to shoot things, get high PER and high LCK because you want Better Criticals.
Take Bonus Rate of Fire and two levels in Action Boy. Ignore More Criticals because you'll be getting Sniper later on. Take Finesse as a trait, for more crit damage. Then you can either
>take Fast Shot and do 12 bodyshots with a Turbo Plasma Rifle in one turn
>don't take Fast Shot and do 6 headshots with a Turbo Plasma Rifle in one turn

Alternatively, do the same but take Slayer instead. BoF is bugged to work with melee weapons in FO1. It's worth doing a melee run just to hit the final boss 12 times with a Super Sledge and kill him in one turn.
>>
>>337418915
Oh, and the most broken option is ALWAYS taking Gifted and reallocating your extra SPECIAL points elsewhere. If you have good INT you get more than enough skill points to make up for it.
>>
>>337418915
Shits almost as absurd as my dual wielding P90s build in FO2

You need 1 in each hand to burst fire both magazines dry every turn
>>
>>337412013
Wipe shady Sands for shits n giggle
>>
Give me a sec and I will post my fag min max build
>>
>>337412013
I think the newer steam version has kids removed.

Censorship is reel yall
>>
>>337421697
fallout 2's steam version still had kids which were killable. Though they did have drugs re named chems in dialogue.
>>
DOnT DIE WAIT
>>
File: SM9HQ9l.jpg (97 KB, 853x629) Image search: [Google]
SM9HQ9l.jpg
97 KB, 853x629
>>337412013
Okay here we go
STR: 6
The reason being that you can level up each stat once bringing you to 7 and wearing power armor gives you 3 maxing you out to 10
PER: 9 you can raise it by 1 giving you 10
END: 4 or 3 (one of these has to be lower)
CHA: 4 or 3 This is also the only stat you can't raise through surgery or other means. Theoretically talking to a wandering scottsman should raise it by 1 point but I have never been able to get it to work. Perhaps you need a higher CHA score in the first place to make him give it up but CHA is pretty useless in this game compared to INT when it comes to conversing so you might as well spend it elsewhere.
INT: 9 you can raise it by one
AGI:9 You can raise it by one
LUCK: 8 you can exploit a glitch with the fortune teller to get two points of luck out of him instead of the normal one with little difficulty.

Of course take the Gifted trait (this raises all your stats by one with a penalty on how much skill points you get each level but it's well worth the trade)

I would recommend bloody mess as well as the rest are pretty garbage and bloody mess gives you a special ending.

For tag skills I would recommend speech and lockpick because these are both things that you will use constantly and there aren't any books for it. You might want to tag small guns as well but if you invest just a little into barter you can trade shit back and forth with the librarian and get infinite books one of them being the small guns magazine and you can boost the skill to 91% for free.

You can use your companions as mules if you barter with them they have infinite carry weight.

I have always wanted to tell someone all that so now I feel good.
>>
>>337423281
Also when I am talking about leveling up stats here to clarify I don't mean wasting an ability point on them I mean through surgery later in the game.
>>
You fell for this meme?
That old fallout games are fun?
Fucking idiot
You'll install it after 2 hours because they're all ancient and boring pieces of shit

>turn based combat
>>
>>337423281
I also messed up my strength count I forgot power armor gave you four not three so you only need five STR
>>
>>337423529
They are pretty fun though, and thats coming from someone who started with 3.
>>
>>337423529
>turn based combat
You got ADD or something?
>>
>>337423529
I know you are trolling but I honestly miss turn based combat so much I dunno why it was done away with. It can add a lot of thought to the gameplay.

Just played Xcom 2 that was the first title in forever I have played with any sort of turn based combat.
>>
>>337414038
>Yes, you can touch things.
>>
>>337423529
>turn based combat

It's pretty good when done well.

To be bad Fallout isn't the case.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.