[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 11
File: kaz.png (322 KB, 441x399) Image search: [Google]
kaz.png
322 KB, 441x399
>Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there.
You feel it too don't you?

I'm still grieving
>>
Kojima will redeem himself by creating the spiritual successor to Silent Hill with del Taco and Sony.
>>
I love Kojima. He's so mysterious and it shows in his game. I find it interesting that we'll never find out the real reason MGS V was unfinished, or what happened at KojiPro.
>>
>>337411872
It's not so much Kojima being coy as it is not wanting to invoke the fury of Konami's lawyers.
>>
>>337411076
>I'm still grieving

Yeah me too. Sometimes I feel the urge to replay it on a fresh save. I resist it, but I feel it might help if I just do that and take it really slow.

>>337411872
I'm willing to bet that the only reason Kojima was allowed to leave with the studio name is that he signed a whole bunch of shit preventing him from spilling the beans about MGSV for a very, very long time. I don't know how long Japanese lawyers can write a NDA for something but I doubt we'll ever hear anything about it anyway. Kojima doesn't seem the type to speak up about this sort of thing.
>>
This game was such a fucking joke. I couldn't even finish all the side ops or S-rank the missions it was so boring.

It's sad when you make an open world game and instead of wanting to play it and mess around with the environment and physics you just watch videos of other people doing that on youtube because it's less boring than playing the game.
>>
>>337412249
Actually I'd like to add to this further.

Kojima is a proud, egostistical mother fucker and I just heard a rumor that in an interview with a spanish gaming magazine he said that he submitted himself for a nobel peace prize for the nuclear disarmament meta game in MGSV's FOB feature.

I don't know if this is true, but if it isn't these are the kind of things people tend to believe about the guy when they hear them. Prior to release he released a video (because I doubt Konami forced him to do it) where he went to a fan who died of cancer's home and gave his family a copy of MGSV so they could put it with the rest of their departed son's collection. At the end of the video he says that he is really proud of his work and that the fans will not be disappointed. He is too proud to come back around in ayear or so and say "nah, the game was shit Konami cut the budget and time and ruined everything. Buy my new game it's super good I promise."
>>
>>337412391
I enjoyed the gameplay so much that I didn't mind replaying everything for S ranks and side ops, but I can understand why people didn't like that
>>
>>337412391
When I beat the main missions things got so boring I just installed cheats and fucked around in the game world seeing how much silly shit I could do, but when that got old I completely canned the game. I feel like if I were to boot up the game now I would have the dilemma of being a literal god with the cheats and have a boring experience because I've already done everything of interest or to take them off and play the side ops and have a boring experience.

This games absolutely does not have the kind of replayability that GZ gave us the impression of.
>>
>>337412391
This was my #1 complaint with both Peace Walker and TPP. The open world environments in the latter were utterly wasted.

Metal Gear and rigid, repetitive mission-based gameplay are a bad combination. It's a shame because I actually really enjoyed the story and cutscenes in both games, despite the ENORMOUS contradictions in TPP's ending.
>>
>>337412837
I enjoyed the gameplay too, but after 100 hours that's not enough to keep my interest in repeating the same handful of objectives a dozen times each.
>>337413198
Ground Zeroes was nice because there wasn't any illusion that you were going to be playing the same mission over and over trying to get the perfect run. I had a lot of fun with it, too bad the side ops weren't like the bonus missions in GZ because I definitely would have put the effort into completing them all if they were.

I got it on PS4 so no cheats, but after a while I just started playing it like a third-person shooter wearing the chick hat rather than trying to bother with stealth.
>>
>>337413572
I beat every Main and Side Op, but they can go fuck themselves if they think I have the patience to do EVERY little challenge.
>>
It's a damn shame this game was rushed the way it was. What's there in the game has a lot of potential but it's obvious the execution suffered due to budget & time constraints.
>>
>>337413431
Have you ever walked around in the middle of fucking no where?
>>
>>337412785
I seriously doubt that's true. He apparently takes a great deal of pride in doing the best he can with his work, but he seems like a fairly humble person outside of that. Also, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't submit yourself as a Nobel prize nominee. I believe he'd have to be nominated by a third party.

On top of that, I'm not all too convinced by the reliability of a spanish gaming magazine's rumour mill. You'd think something like that would have turned up in an english or japanese source first.
>>
>>337413839
Has there been any proof of this? I don't mean some bullshit one off anecdote either, did Konami release financial info on the game's development?

That end mission was cut for a good reason, if you thought Sahelanthropus mattered to the plot in any way you might have missed the point.
>>
>>337411076
I thought the game was ___fun but by god they didnt have to make it fucking open world. Literally a vast open space of trees and dirt with bases every once in a while. Fucking Peace Walker style was better than this open world of fucking nothing. Probably spent 1/5 of the game just running 3000+ meters to get to the next side op objective that would take like 5 minutes to complete.

Gameplay was fun as fuck, story was breddy gud (albeit not what they hyped it up to be at all), but open world was COMPLETELY and UTTERLY unnecessary .
>>
File: kanye.gif (1023 KB, 305x255) Image search: [Google]
kanye.gif
1023 KB, 305x255
What was the exact moment you knew that things weren't right about this game, /v/?
>>
Kojima is a genius. He makes a game called The Phantom Pain and actually manages to induce the phenomenon in people. Some directors can evoke emotional response to their work, but it takes true mastery to evoke mental trauma on such a grand and artistic scale. And yet there are still plebs who can't appreciate his work and think that the game is incomplete.
>>
>>337413868
Metal Gear is a stealth-action game, not a simulation.
>>
File: 1d3.jpg (68 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
1d3.jpg
68 KB, 600x560
>kojima's new game is said to be a TPS that will appeal to fans of uncharted and the division
>>
>>337411076
Don't grieve, enjoy the game for what it is, then move on. It's what Big Boss would have wanted.
>>
>>337414184
When every fucking mission had movie credit intros, when 20 hours went by and Snake spoke three short sentences at most, and in another 20 hours there still hadn't been a decent boss fight
>>
The majority of compaints about MGSV are directed at what the game wasn't and what we wanted it to be, rather than what it was.

Give it time, and once people have accepted it as it is, it'll be more favorably looked at.

Look at the people who widely praise MGS4 now. You should all remember the stick that game over the last few years.
>>
>>337414184
When the scene I hypothesized involving a rebuilt Zeke fighting Sally and a Huey-hijacked Battle Gear at the same time on Mother Base never happened
>>
>>337414184
Hospital scene "you're talking to yourself" and I knew everything /v/ had been piecing together in the conspiracy threads was going to be true.
>>
>>337414774
>he actually said that people used to those kinds of games will find it appealing
>people have taken this to mean he's actively trying to appeal to these people
people kneejerk harder than tumblr here sometimes I swear
>>
>>337415332
>>337415334
whoa would you look at that
>>
>>337413936
http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/noticias/metal-gear-solid-v-premio-nobel-hideo-kojima-que-nunca-llego-exclusiva-mundial-143628?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=DogTrack

I don't know if it's true but this is where it comes from. It could very well be true.
My only evidence that Kojima thought that his game was super good is the debriefing video where he says so, and this is my only evidence that he might have went for a nobel prize.
>>
>>337414280
I'm curious how this game will get looked at a few years from now. Look how much the perception has changed for MGS2 overtime.

Granted, that was due to the complete batshit crazy story, but I'm curious to see how V gets looked at a few years down the road.
>>
>>337415332
The game is unfinished, and it was heavily marketed as BB fall with a lot of feel evoking trailers, but then the story was bland as fuck, I actually expected it to be PW 2.0 from some of the gameplay videos, and it was, it doesn't change the fact that it fail to deliever what it promised.
>>
>>337415568
I think the second people can accept that the game isn't getting some mystical content pack that will double content size, right all wrongs, and cure haemorrhoids people will start looking back on it a little more fondly. Either that or Kojimas next production will be such a steaming pile of insanity that people are happy they dodged a bullet when Konami forced him to wrap up the game and launch it.
>>
>>337415526
I think him being proud of all the effort he put into a game doesn't really compare to a person thinking he's such a big deal that he deserves a nobel prize.

Also that magazine is literally the only source for the rumour, and I find it weird that someone making a claim as innocuous as "he wanted a nobel prize" chose to remain anonymous. It has red flags all over it.
>>
File: i'm big boss and you are too.gif (442 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
i'm big boss and you are too.gif
442 KB, 500x335
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI
>>
>>337415332
MGS4 is still a bloated, contrived mess that hastily tried to tie up all the loose strings from the last three games, introduced some utterly forgettable new characters, and piled on the blatant fanservice in case neither of those things worked. It's a mediocre Metal Gear game and time hasn't done anything to change that.

Everyone agrees that the last truly great Metal Gear game was Snake Eater.
>>
>>337416147
>MGS4 is still a bloated, contrived mess that hastily tried to tie up all the loose strings from the last three games, introduced some utterly forgettable new characters, and piled on the blatant fanservice in case neither of those things worked
>MGSV did none of this
>still gets called worse than 4
>>
>>337415568
MGS2 wasn't batshit; it was just slightly more cerebral than the typical pulpy schlock that gamers expect from their big-budget entertainment products.
>>
>>337416086
I like to think he's still capable of making a great game, MGS as a series just suffered and stagnated as a result of Konami's insistence that it continue production and his possible discomfort with seeing it in anyone else's hands.
>>
>>337415332
I agree and still found it very boring own it's own. The trailers were the best part of the game
>>
>>337415905
Oh, absolutely, but the point remains that people primarily hold it to the standards of what it wasn't and what we expected. That isn't to say what it was is free from criticism, but people need time to get over the disappointment and look at the final product objectively.
>>
>>337416285
MGSV's problems are of a different type. It has a barebones story (by MGS standards), is agonizingly repetitive, and feels undeniably incomplete by the end.
>>
>>337416285
MGSV has mission bloat and a terribly contrived story
>>
>>337416285
mgs fans are autistic, what do you expect
>>
>>337414184
When the missions werent taking the overarching plot anywhere since the rescue huey mission and now there was some metallic archea shit ive never heard of in mgs before and we were studying uranium for some reason

I knew something was wrong when I got bored of dialogue and story in an mgs game
>>
>>337411076
I hope Kojima's new studio continues to be in the press with Hollywood talent endorsing him and really sweet screens and clips coming out with subtle easter eggs. I hope it continues for 30 years without him ever releasing another game. I hope he opens a burger joint in LA financial afterwards.
>>
>>337416821
I don't feel like the story's problem was that it was contrived, it's that it was the complete opposite. It was straightforward and simplistic to the point of complete abandon.
>>
File: 1439614246363.gif (621 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1439614246363.gif
621 KB, 480x270
>Uncharted and The Division
>>
>>337416425
I mean batshit crazy in the best way possible. Those last couple of hours are something else.
>>
>>337415352
>>337414184
I knew before I even got to play it because of all the leaks of the garbage plot.
>>
Wow, having the same thread everyday for the past 8 months
you people are fucking pathetic
>>
>>337418410
Outta the way, here comes Internet Tough Guy.
>>
>>337414184
Mission 3 when you are being physically introduced to the motherbase, and you realized just how barren and boring that place actually was.

That was one of the most hyped up features for me, I was expecting it to be a place where you could actually do fun stuff. Seeing it turn out to be a relatively useless hubworld is pretty representative of my grievances with the game in general.
>>
Did they ever implement modding like they said they would?
>>
>>337412249
>>337411872
Kojima literally got paid to walk away and keep his head down forever as far as MGS/Konami business is concerned. Remember when Kojima wasn't allowed to appear on that video game awards show? As part of his contract he voluntarily agreed stay out of MGS-related PR stuff as an outside consultant or whatever. Konami didn't send hired goons to keep him away at the last minute, he never planned to do it or anything like it to begin with.

I'm willing to bet that both Kojima and the guys at Konami did some dirt that neither want to talk about, so they negotiated terms that would allow them to keep everything under wraps. Kojima wouldn't come totally clean about it even if he could.
>>
>>337416780
Well it turly has great gameplay, but I dont think people will grow out of the dissapointment it caused, myself included.

The thing with MGS4 for is that it actually gave a decent ending to the series, people would look back and remember all the memorable and or full retarded plot wise moments like Snake Eater support cast were the bad guys all along.

TPP twist was shit for itself but then it got leaked , which made it worse, people will look back on it and want to replay it because of the great gameplay but will remember all the hype from announcment to release and how it lacks anything memorable that wasn't arleady shown in the trailers and wont. Game doesn't even have a button smash sequence for fucks sake.
>>
>>337414184
Right when Miller was dropped off at Mother Base after being rescued from the Soviets and he gave a passionate speech to Venom about how they were all going to take it back and Venom doesn't say a damn thing after, it's like he's not even there.
>>
>>337419102
You need to mash whenever someone bonks you in the head
>>
>>337411076
Is this about /v/?
>>
>>337419102
MGS4 had a decent ending until the very end when BB shows up and everything turns to shit.
>>
I liked Keifer's performance senpai
>>
>>337419290
I kid you not, either I dont rememberwhich kinda proves my point or I never got hit in the head.
>>
>>337419481
It was already an utter fucking mess when each Chapter had at least 30 undivided minutes of characters explaining past events over and over and hamfistedly connecting them to the current situation.

Especially with EVA/Big Mama tying MGS3's characters and events into Solid Snake's story. Big Boss's giant monologue at the end was just the other shoe dropping.
>>
Watch out, OP. /v/ is full of fucking retards who think MGSV was a finished game.
>>
>This here is the enemy
>AND HE'S HERE ON HIS KNEES
>>
>>337414184
>VOCACO PARASAIT
>>
>>337419606
Every rational person liked Kiefer's performance. The guy is literally the perfect grizzled, older Big Boss.

The fact that Konami went through the trouble to get a voice as good as that only to squander it so blatantly is a reason to hate the game in of itself.
>>
>>337420545
Now that I can agree with. Didn't Jokima supposedly axe a ton of his dialogue?
>>
>>337419606
Kiefer was absolutely fantastic.

It's a crying shame that they cut half of his lines, because he really was that damn good.
Don't get me wrong, I like Hayter. He fit the games he did, but Kiefer really hit the ball out of the park.

I'd put his performance in MGSV alongside Fire Walk With Me, The Lost Boys and 24 as his best performances.
>>
>>337420821
I completely forgot he was in Fire Walk With Me.
>>
>>337420785
I remember a soundcloud getting linked that had a whole bunch of utterances and short lines that weren't in the game. Lots of them had him saying "Paz" in different tones. That's probably only the tip of the iceberg.
>>
File: 1443147641711.png (281 KB, 535x466) Image search: [Google]
1443147641711.png
281 KB, 535x466
>>337421031
>David Bowie was supposed to return in the new Twin Peaks thing
>Now he never will
>>
>>337421031
He was also in Melancholia.

Guy is legit.
It's impressive Konami got a guy with Lynch and von Trier under his belt to be Big Boss, but like the anon above said, infuriating they squandered him.
>>
>>337421214
Yeah. Now we have Michael fucking Cera
>>
>>337421214
Production wrapped up only about a month after he died. It's possible he made the cut.
>>
>>337421214
>yfw part way through season 3, Chris Isaak appears out of no where
MAKE IT HAPPEN LYNCH
>>
>>337414184
the create a character screen at the start of the game gave it away
>>
>>337414184
WOL
BACH
IA

MALE
TO
FEMALE
>>
>>337421341
Uhh oh. My. Excuse me. I'm sorry. I'm just so terribly akward, and that's a joke.
>>
I don't know how many of you play or even like MGO 3 or if any of you are even on the xbone, but does anyone have any fucking clue why konami is killing mgo? With every patch they fuck it more and more. It was initially just private matches crashing your game to the home screen which was a major hit since a majority of the community hung out in those 30min lobbies and just had fun, then in the latest patch, just hanging out in free play the shit crashes to the home screen. Worst part is that its not even been addressed... Am I the only one this is happening to or what?
>>
>>337420821
Why does everyone forget he was in Phonebooth?
>>
>>337414184
I had lots of concerns during the game;but I feel that when it really hit me was the fucking jeep ride.
Literally dropped the game for a day or two and came back after that thing ended
>>
>>337420214
>>337421556

>THE ULTIMATE HAMBURGER
>>
>>337414184
When I noticed that the tapes was how it was going to deliver the story.
>>
>>337421647
>Joel Schumacher
There's your reason.
>>
>>337421647
That movie sold me on him as the voice of Venom.
>>
>>337421856
He directed The Lost Boys too.

Also, Falling Down.
>>
>>337421718
That had to be the dumbest shit in the whole game. Venom doesn't say a fucking word and then some shit song plays while I stare at skullface and sand. I realized then that kojima had ascended fully up into his own ass, and he was never going to crawl out.
>>
>>337414184
>>337414184
>OH BOY I CANT WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEXT MISSION
>Opening scene plays out
>CREDITS STARRING:
>VENOM SNAKE
>OCELOT
>SPOILERS
>MORE SPOILERS

I never felt so betrayed and don't understand why he did that.
>>
File: 1443145153763.png (167 KB, 540x785) Image search: [Google]
1443145153763.png
167 KB, 540x785
>>337414184
the jeep ride
>>
>>337421987
The difference is Phonebooth is shit.
>>
>>337421647
Because its a very forgettable movie.
>>
>>337422017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2xiP0PHk0
>>
>>337421987
Both of those movies are shit
>>
>>337411076
I enjoyed the game but it had problems story wise.

Miller is honestly my favorite characters because all the shit he went through.
>>
>>337422084
Also Batman Foreverand Batman & Robin.

He's made his fair share of great and terrible movies.
>>
it was a good game

i wish the online didn't devolve into run & gun 3rd person cod though
>>
>>337414184
It begin even before TPP in ground zeroes.

I mean what the fuck. What the fucking shit fucking fuck is fucking going the fuck on.

Jesus Fucking christ.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 200x192
>>337422204
"CHEW ON THIS"
Holy shit kek
>>
>>337414184
This game was at its best on August 31st
>>
>>337422979
Fuck, that night man. I remember when the clock struck midnight, the pre-load didn't start right on the dot, and all of /v/ completely lost its shit for like 3 minutes.
>>
>>337420204
Poor Kaz pouring his heart out while NotBB just acted like am indiferent faggot the whole game. Why Kojima, you could have made so real BB actually went nuclear and waterboarded Huey to death, remember that one interview when the jap voice cast told how BB was a ficking monster in the game. Where's my monster Kojima, where?
>>
File: 1318291750611.jpg (9 KB, 251x235) Image search: [Google]
1318291750611.jpg
9 KB, 251x235
>when people thought MGSV would be THE game to be an example of games are art
>when people said this was the game to hold off suicide for
>>
>>337423471
Big Boss was a monster, you just play as the result of his deeds instead
>>
>>337423481
Holy shit I remember those threads.
Also I was in a deep depression when TPP was announced and the first trailer came out. I decided that I would ONLY wait for the game and finish it before I killed myself.
Now I'm fine, I decided to give women another chance, I got a girlfriend again and she was with me when I preordered the game and when I went for it at the games store.
I'm still in a relationship with her, ever since we started the relationship I had a constant feeling of "this is going to be the same, but whatever".
>>
>>337423471
Katz was the real hero imo.

The tapes after it was through cemented my love of him.

Wish we could have killed Huey or fucked him up.

>No don't bring HIM in here

Hope Ocelot tortured the fuck out of him.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (11 KB, 305x165) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
11 KB, 305x165
>>337424213
Fucked up typed Katz instead of kaz
>>
Most disappointing game of all time, I dare you to name one more hyped up and disappointing than this.
>>
>>337425053
Spore.
>>
>>337425053
Duke Nukem Forever?

I mean, people still enjoyed MGSV
>>
>>337425053
Final fantasy xiii
Brink
Spore
Duke nukem forever

Off the top of my head. Mgsv was extremely disappointing but let's not forget that this isn't the first time it's happened.
>>
>Skullface's identity was just that he's a dude from a village and was BB's cleanup crew
>His literal master plan was to remove english and give the entire world nukes
Has there ever been a plan as fucking stupid as that one?
Fire Iceman at least wanted to prove that humans are shit at deterrance.
Skullface just hates english because he hated Zero for some fucking reason
Zero wasn't even that bad of a guy
The whole giving everybody nukes thing doesn't even make sense, don't give me the "that's his interpretation of the Boss' will", he shouldn't have anything to do with it, he didn't know her.
Why couldn't Skullface in the game be like his casette counterpart?
That felt like a good villain, the bell ringing cassette was so fucking good
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.