[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Madden 17
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 20
So what do you think about EA's decision to put a mediocre player like Gronk on the cover instead of a true MVP like Cam? Seems kinda racist to me...
>>
>>337411045
Gronk is better at TE than Cam is at QB

Come at me
>>
File: Xcom Rookie Panics.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Xcom Rookie Panics.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>337411179

I dare you to name a better QB than Cam.
>>
>>337411045
Cam is a dumb nigger.
>>
File: Cam losing.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cam losing.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>337411045
>>
>>337411045
Madden Curse will catch up with him.
>>
>>337413421

Nope. You can't Bonk the Gronk.
>>
>>337413421

Gronk is a monster truck that walks like a man. Besides, he's got his people investing his money. he could be done for the rest of his life during his next game, and his whole family would be set for life.
>>
Gronk confirmed for having his knees destroyed in the season opener
>>
>>337413612

Only knees that were lost were of anyone who bet on Cam "Business Decisions" Newton.
>>
LE GRONK MEME

Literally a bro dude, overrated as shit because he's big and fuccboi corners are too scared to tackle him. You put him against legit defenders who actually defend like the Broncos and you see what happens
>>
>scam newton
Paid off refs during college career to "win" all his games
Acts like a crybaby when he can't buy his way to victory
Tries to act like a one man team and when it backfires he bitches

Fuck Scam Newton. It's not racist to hate a fucking horrible human being.
>>
>>337413826
>too scared to tackle him
They're literally too small to. Why do you think his knees get blown out? Even his arm was from a low hit
>>
>>337411045

I agree, we could have seen Cam get arrested for some nog behavior now we have to see Gronk get injured.
>>
>>337414230

>Implying he won't try to act big after some guy scuffs his jordans in the club, and gets his ass beat, then has his guys shoot the dude, and they turn on him
>>
>>337411045

Madden has sucked for years. They do nothing good and NFL 2k is STILL better.
>>
>>337414182
You don't have to be his size to take him down use proper tackling technique and wrap him up defenders these days are too scared to actually hit him they often half ass their attempts which you obviously can't do against a big guy like him.
>>
File: tRrHYxq.gif (2 MB, 371x500) Image search: [Google]
tRrHYxq.gif
2 MB, 371x500
>>337414736

>big guy
>>
Yeah why not put a gay black trans person on it
>>
>>337414736
But you do. He's massive compared to a DB, even if you go head on him and attempt a proper tackle you can easily be knocked down. It's like saying "Just tackle" AP or Marshawn Lynch. It sounds easily but it is in no way true. Linebackers have no excuse but he often makes it past them before they even get a shot.
>>
>>337414736
cool, what team do you play for? How many times have you tackled Mr. Gronkowski?
>>
>>337415140
True I can see how your average corner would have issues but a Safety shouldn't be getting pushed around like that, the hard hitting ones are a dying breed. AP and Lynch are stronger than Gronk they have to run through big ass linemen and Linebackers more often than Gronk does. If Gronk had to run by the bigger guys more often he wouldn't be anywhere near as successful
>>
>>337415519
You don't have to play the game to understand it autismo that's how to take down any big man
>>
>Gronk going to get injured again

SOMEONE STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES.

>>337415843
Even safeties are miniscule compared to Gronk. Literally the only people that equate to him in size (position-wise) are 3-4 DEs
>>
>>337411045
disparage my husbando again and i will call the police
shoulda been von miller doe
>>
>>337416013
ah, you're an armchair quarterback. Got it.

You understand the theory but are absolutely clueless as to the practical application.
>>
I saw Gronkowski making out with a guy behind a bar once
>>
WHO/NEWENGLAND/ HERE?

CAN'T STOMP THE GRONK
>>
>>337416385
I believe you.
>>
>>337416385

are you sure it wasn't one of his 14 brothers?
>>
>>337416013
This guy played football in grade school, I guess you could say he's pretty much an expert on the sport
>>
>>337416085
Yes but let a prime Charles Woodson or Ed Reed knock his faggot ass out Safeties used to hit hard how many hard hitting safeties can you truly say are in the league anymore?
>>337416379
>You have to be a video game reviewer in order to be knowledgeable about video games
You are fucking retarded
>>
>>337416852
ok pal
>>
>>337415843
Gronk blocks DE's and has to fight his way off the line due to press and bump coverage. He isn't running free every play. Safeties are just CB's now days, hell, probably 30%+ of safeties are converted CB's at this point. DB's in general aren't meant to be big, just long and fast. Gronk is truly massive, I don't think you quite get how large he is. He has the measurements of a DE but can still make cuts
>>337416013
You take down larger players than you by chopping their legs, actually. You won't win trying to wrap up on a 4-5" and 80lb disadvantage even if you successfully do so.
>Ed Reed
>Hard hitting
Yeah he had a few highlight hits, but you're gonna sit here and tell me he was some kind of Brian Dawkins tier hitter? Reed was almost purely a ballhawk.
>>
>>337411045

Never heard of this game. Looks like indie shit
>>
>>337416852
That's more a change in the rules. Hitting violently can result in a personal foul. Helmet to helmet DOES result in a personal foul. Hitting a receiver while he's off his feet results in a DPI.

Hardhitting safeties are no longer viable. They simply cause too many penalties.
>>
>Belichick refuses to let his likeness be used in Madden
>Patriots become bottom-feeders within 3 years in Franchise Mode

Tell me again how 'great' Brady is
>>
>>337417184
True but it's much different when your holding a ball as opposed to focusing on just blocking or trying to break through to the secondary on a route.

I'm not denying he's a physical freak and has talent. But you can't deny alot of his success isn't due to him mostly having to just over power small DBs which isn't hard for him. I get he is a TE so your coverage schemes are usually not focused on him like they should be. I've seen Gronk wide open way too much they need to start respecting him more as a passing threat, it's not like the Patriots have superstar receivers to take your attention.

Ed is known as a ball hawk but he definitely was a hard hitter. Not Dawkins tier I'm not sure how I forgot him but he still could lay someone out
>>
>>337411250
Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Eli, Big Ben do you want me to go on?
>>
>>337417973
>Eli
Lmao
>Ben
Debatable
>>
File: 1433874352074.png (365 KB, 800x1014) Image search: [Google]
1433874352074.png
365 KB, 800x1014
>>337411045
>putting an ape like Gronk who chimps out during every game on the cover

Almost as bad as AP.
>>
File: 1456966178665.gif (2 MB, 244x198) Image search: [Google]
1456966178665.gif
2 MB, 244x198
>>337418437
>>
>>337417956
> I've seen Gronk wide open way too much

Because he lines up inside. Linebackers are too slow or lack coverage skills to keep up with him, and DB's are just outright outmatched by him by size. It helps to have one of the best coaches of all time feeding plays, too. Some players are just too good and there is no solid right answer to them, you double cover and pray.
>>
>>337418675
>Two just barely made it in the playoffs bowls
>Literally can't sustain long term winning seasons or even post better statistics that Ryan fucking Tanehill

Lol
>>
>>337419074
Let's see you play effectively behind a wet tissue O-line
>>
Cam is a great player but a lot of his greatness comes from having a great supporting cast.

Gronk is a great individual player that carries the fuck out of mediocre Brady.
>>
>>337418889
Which is my point, start covering him more. The Patriots do not have WRs you need your elite talent on. He's getting used to feeling all invincible being left alone and running over everyone drop some bigger guys into coverage and play him physically. That's what the Broncos did and look what happened (aside the injury).
>>
>>337419074
I'll take clutch postseason over a regular season stat babby any day. Especially in the NFCE which is full of retarded teams.

Eli also gets bonus points for orchestrating 18-1.
>>
THE REDSKINS WILL WIN NEXT SEASON
WASHINGTON WILL RISE AGAIN
>>
>>337413826
>You put him against legit defenders who actually defend like the Broncos and you see what happens
Pretty sure in that final game he had 8 receptions for 144 yards and a TD
>>
>>337419323
He's never posted good numbers and he's had great Olines and defenses before. He has Odell fucking Beckham who despite being a meme is actually really fucking good he should be posting excellent numbers
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (192 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
192 KB, 1024x768
WAAAGH WHY U GITS TINK YOU PLAYING FOOTBALL? ORKZ IS THE BIGGEST AND THE STRONGEST SO WEZ PLAY FOOTBALL
>>
>>337411045
>buttflustered panthers bandwagoner detected
>>
>Tfw 2K can't make NFL games anymore
>Tfw Tecmo can't make NFL games anymore

Fuck EA. Fuck exclusivity contracts in general. They encourage laziness instead of quality.
>>
>>337419806
Your QB has to play good to get to the post season in the first place

I do agree on 18-1
>>
>>337419473
>brady
>mediocre
pick one. Pats are shit being held together by tape, Bellicheck doing shady shit in the background, and Brady playing the angel role. For the records I don't think Brady is in on the bellicheck crap, and if anything is only informed of it after it happens. The dude is just a great QB who has a slightly above average team. It's like the reverse Packers where its one ungodly player surrounded by mediocre players.
>>
>>337411045
As a Pats fan who moved to the Charlotte area, FUCKING KEK. I hope you fags make it to the owl and lose again just so I can lap up those delicious tears.
>>
Scat Newton couldn't even win the Superb Owl
>>
>>337420245
You are absolutely nuts if you think Brady is innocent.

With spygate, NFL officials found HUNDREDS of tapes of secretly recorded plays from opponents playbook. The entire team watched those tapes and knew what their opponents were going to do.

With deflate-gate, they were throwing around softened footballs, so the were as grippable as a Nerf football.

People knew something was up when they were winning every game in a NFL regular season, back when living legends were still playing.
>>
>It's only okay when /v/ freaks out over irrelevant shit.
>>
>/v/ - Handegg

Can we talk about real sports?
>>
>>337421027
Yeah sure, did you see the Predators get destroyed by the Sharks earlier?
>>
>>337420721
>With spygate, NFL officials found HUNDREDS of tapes of secretly recorded plays from opponents playbook. The entire team watched those tapes and knew what their opponents were going to do.
You misunderstand Spygate completely.

Teams have been videotaping opponent signals and studying them for fucking DECADES. Spygate happened because the Patriots were videotaping signals in areas they weren't supposed to be. Other than that, it's not a new phenomenon.

>With deflate-gate, they were throwing around softened footballs, so the were as grippable as a Nerf football.
Deflategate is also not a new phenomenon. Footballs have been deflated for quarterbacks for decades, since the footballs come out hard as a rock from the bag and don't allow for a good grip.

The thing with Deflategate is that it indicates how incompetent the NFL officiating staff is. The referees were handling those underinflated balls the ENTIRE FIRST HALF AND DIDN'T NOTICE ANYTHING WAS WRONG WITH THEM. They had to be tipped off at halftime and the Patriots played the rest of the game with legal footballs and still crushed the Colts. The Colts flat out sucked shit that game and would have lost anyway.

Not even a Patriots fan, I'm just pointing out how fucking stupid you are.
>>
>>337420721
He's just a delusional Patstard they all think Brady is some saint. He destroyed his cell phone with the evidence in it ffs
>>
>>337420721
>With deflate-gate, they were throwing around softened footballs, so the were as grippable as a Nerf football.
You can't seriously believe that something barely under the regulation PSI for NFL footballs magically transforms it to something on the level of a nerf ball.
>>
File: goals reached.png (40 KB, 159x189) Image search: [Google]
goals reached.png
40 KB, 159x189
>Be a melvin who knows nothing about sports
>Actively despise sports culture
>Try to play any non nintendo sports game out of general curiosity
>Game expects me to know lingo/plays/teams/players
>Doesn't do diddly to properly explain controls
>End up sucking hard at them
I can figure out classic X-Com, I can figure out OG Fallout, I can figure out Dorf Fort. Why are sports games beyond my reach?
>>
>>337421027
>Something that literally anyone can do
>real sport

Do you consider breathing to be a sport too?
>>
>>337421512

Because running hard into another guy is the pinnacle of skill.
>>
>>337421407
Sports culture is literally no different from video games fandom
>>
can we all agree that Draft Champions is the best thing to happen to Madden maybe ever?

>>337411179
Gronk is already the best TE of all time

>>337413421
I don't think it would even count, he gets hurt every season.
>>
>>337421659
Yeah but one's socially acceptable and gives people status so it's vile to me as the lower lifeform.
>>
>>337421407
Because you "actively despise sports culture" and have really made no effort to understand it.

It'd be like if I said I hate "video games culture" and tried to jump into something even as simple as Civilization
>>
>>337421720
I-I like you too?!
>>
>>337421720
Not statistically
>>
File: goostanza.png (7 KB, 408x357) Image search: [Google]
goostanza.png
7 KB, 408x357
>>337421778
>He likes video game culture
>>
>>337421763
Video games are absolutely a socially acceptable hobby to talk about now, are you living under a rock?
>>
>>337421720
YOU are the best thing to happen to My Life maybe ever
>>
File: 1462759658272.jpg (89 KB, 956x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462759658272.jpg
89 KB, 956x1080
>>337421854
>Video games are absolutely a socially acceptable hobby to talk about now
>>
>>337421407
Play some NES or SNES sports games.

>Game expects me to know lingo/plays/teams/players
You really don't need to know any of that. If you're playing a gridiron football game, all you really need is an ability to read arrows. If it's a baseball game, you really only need to know how to hit and how to throw the ball.

Sports video games are generally pretty simple.
>>
>>337421854
Yeah if you play mainstream stuff like asscreed, ea sports, GTA and CoD.
Can't nig it up over Dragon Quest.
>>
>>337421720
You're the best QT of all time though
>>
>>337421407
Reminds me of when I tried to play Cricket Revolution. Very few sports games bother to explain fundamental strategy, let alone absolute beginner material.

>>337421720
Gronk's been hurt too many times already to be the best ever.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104 KB, 1440x1080
>>337421917

Make way for the best football game of all time!
>>
>>337421720
>Best TE of all time
Gonzo and Gates are leagues better fuck off with this shit
>>
>make a handegg
>call it a football
LEL
>>
Seahawks/Patriots rematch for LI, screencap this.
>>
File: seahawks feel.png (74 KB, 400x436) Image search: [Google]
seahawks feel.png
74 KB, 400x436
>>337422264
why didn't they run the ball?
>>
>>337422396

>Peehawks
>>
>>337422264
I'm going dangerous and calling Rams/Raiders

>>337422173
It's a stone, Luigi
>>
>>337421821
>>337422008

Gronk is on a record pace for any offensive player period even with the injuries, Gates and Tony G just played longer
>>
>>337422465
>not calling them the sea cucks
>>
>>337422505
>Gates and Tony G just played longer

Isn't that half of it? Gronk could break down next season for all we know.
>>
>>337422481
I can see the Raiders as a dark horse, but the Rams won't even get to .500

The Cards and Hawks are too deep. the Rams have an elite D-line, but nothing else. and Goff isn't exactly another Luck/Wilson type.
>>
>mfw Pack will never go to another owl under Rodgers
>>
Gronk is just a physical freak of nature . You can't stick a linebacker in him in a 1v1 as he would just rub right past him. You can't stick a DB on him as he will just run right over them. You can't even double team him. He literally requires a triple team. It's ridiculous. He's the mvp of the pats. His Touchdown stats are insane.
>>
>>337422396
Marshawn might have gotten stuffed, you'll never know. It might not have been an interception under slightly different circumstances, you'll never know.

And no, just because Marshawn had been running well the rest of the game doesn't mean he would have run well that play.

Really the Seahawks are stupid for jumping offsides on the ensuing Patriots possession that allowed Brady to take a knee, and then they decided to start a fight on the next play.

If the Seahawks would have stayed onsides and forced the Patriots to run some plays, maybe they would have gotten the ball back and won. We'll never know.
>>
>>337422661
he's 40 TDs behind Gates and has played 110 fewer games
he's 50 behind Tony G and has played 200 fewer games

it's not even close
>>
File: 1461019479772.png (328 KB, 843x466) Image search: [Google]
1461019479772.png
328 KB, 843x466
>>337422396
>>337422939
>2nd and 1

Throwing the ball was actually a smart move. They just got unlucky and it was the most catastrophic outcome possible.
>>
>>337422793
>Rodgers literally wills the rest of the team to playoffs each year
>Everyone acts like this is a good thing
>Packers will never suck long enough for McCarthy and Capers to get fired until Rodgers' prime is up

Why lads? The chance in going from HOF GOAT QB to HOF GOAT QB is literally none yet we did it, I doubt Rodgers successor will be as good I don't want to not have a QB I don't know what it feels like
>>
>>337423413
I just want another owl under him, that's all. He's my favorite QB of all time, but I don't think he can make it before his prime is up.
>>
>>337423413
Why do Packers fags always blame McCarthy? Rodgers is soft, he gets hurt all of the time and then acts like some big hero for coming back. He fucking choked hard the last two years by the way, especially against Seattle. Wilson gifted him 5 turnovers and he did nothing with it.
>>
>>337423713
The team shits the bed when he's gone. He carries them with the classic Nelson, Cobb combo.
>>
>>337423713
Rodgers isn't perfect he's close to it tho, he does have a streak issue and getting stuck in a rut hurts him but if he's playing good you literally cannot stop him. The issue is he never has any help. Jordy is his only good receiver and his Oline is trash. Lacy had a off year last year and the defense was its typical Capers put no one in the middle to defend against the big play bullshit then you got Mike "3rd and 8 up the middle" McCarthy who thinks he's a brilliant play caller and won't let Rodgers just do what he wants to do.

That's the issue. Rodgers does routinely set the Packers up for wins but the defense fucks it all up.
>>
>>337424242
the team shits the bed when he's there too

his defense literally gave him the ball back 5 times in the NFCCG 2 years ago and he managed 170 yds in the air and 2 INTs
>>
>>337424384
Rodgers was at his best when he had a full compliment of receivers. You could say that about any QB, but Rodgers was great at distributing the ball in his early/mid years. His pass protection has been a consistent problem for him. He's one of few that can weather that storm, but maybe it's starting to catch up with him.
>>
>>337424554
So we are going to ignore Bostick? The bomb down the middle at the end of the game?

We gonna ignore all his other performances because of one bad game? He isn't the most accurate passer for nothing, he doesn't have a unprecedented TD:INT ratio for nothing
>>
File: 1424542415903.png (1 MB, 990x670) Image search: [Google]
1424542415903.png
1 MB, 990x670
So this is... video games?
>>
>>337424824
Bostick wouldn't have happened if Rodgers played even a bad game. He was terrible. Not McCarthy's fault. And it's not hard to have amazing stats when you put up 50 on Chicago twice a year.
>>
File: 1447983353480.jpg (9 KB, 249x234) Image search: [Google]
1447983353480.jpg
9 KB, 249x234
>>337411045
Brady should have been the MVP anyways.
>>
>>337420061
this would have been a great game if it was an actual sports game instead of shit.

Posting in /v/'s yearly sports game thread.
>>
File: 1203388413869.jpg (72 KB, 238x238) Image search: [Google]
1203388413869.jpg
72 KB, 238x238
>>337425106

If would have been good if the RNG wasn't the most unfair thing in the entire universe.

>Enemy elf runs past 6 defenders each needing a 5+, unscathed and scores

>I try to run past one guy on a 2+, down and injured

>everytime
>mfw
>>
>>337423413
Goddamnit sneak
>>
>>337425234
>Expecting anything but RNG bullshit from a sports game
>>
>>337424981
Again one game which again regardless of how bad he was would had never lost if Bostik didn't fumble the onside kick.

He's proven over his career how good of a QB he is, he puts up numbers regardless of the opponent
>>
>>337425461
not really, he shits the bed against good defenses just like Peyton used to
>>
>>337425701
You must be a shitcongo fan with all this delusional butthurt. You don't regularly finish 12-4 or better by shitting the bed against good defenses. You look at any of the playoff losses and notice how it's the Packers defense shitting the bed all the time which leads to their losses. 15-1 was a Super Bowl year if the Packers defense would learn how to tackle Kapernick, 12-4 was a Super a Bowl year if Bostik didn't fuck things up, 13-3 was a Super Bowl year of again the defense didn't suck dick against the run
>>
>>337426037
I see a lot of excuses
>>
>>337422939
>>337423303
They were pushing back the defensive line the entire day. The offensive line got behind him and wedged an opening. With less than a yard to go, they had it.
>>
>>337426487
Again, that's no guarantee that Lynch would have made it. A coin landing on heads 19 times in a row doesn't necessarily mean that it will land on heads 20 times in a row.

If I'm remembering correctly, the Patriots had a good goal line defense that year.
>>
Anyone play madden ultimate team? I enjoyed it, but then again I enjoy grinding shit
>>
>>337426470
And I see a lot of asshurt, don't worry your team will get a good QB one day
>>
>>337421917
>Sports video games are generally pretty simple.
If you're playing on easy sure, but football can be pretty complicated, especially if you are playing QB in career mode because you have to do things like read defensive schemes and call the right play and understand things like hi-lo formations and the such.

But the mechanics are always usually explained in training.
>>
>>337411045
I wish they fucking wouldn't. Fucking Madden cover is cursed.
>>
>Not Von Miller
weak as fuck
>>
Fell for the bait

Gronk is one of the only people in the NFL who is somehow in the spotlight and is still a really cool guy.
Would hang/10
>>
>>337427362
>wanting von miller to be cursed
>>
>>337427669
Yeah I do. fuck the broncos
>>
>>337426636
Lynch wasn't even that successful during that season at punching it in at the 1. He only made it in like 1 out 5 tries.
>>
>>337411250
Joe Flacco
>>
File: russell_wilson_sb48.jpg (67 KB, 688x408) Image search: [Google]
russell_wilson_sb48.jpg
67 KB, 688x408
>>337411250
>I dare you to name a better QB than Cam.

Two words: Russell. Wilson.
>>
>>337430607
Ohohohoho. Whew, that was a nice one m8.
>>
File: 1393814813703.gif (295 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
1393814813703.gif
295 KB, 700x704
>>337430607
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.