[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the people that grew up with a ps1, what do you and your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: ps1.png (144 KB, 640x294) Image search: [Google]
ps1.png
144 KB, 640x294
For the people that grew up with a ps1, what do you and your friends still consider classics from the catalog. What games come to mind for you?
>>
Parasite Eve 1&2 were my favourites at the time, they're still pretty great.
>>
>>337408390
Ape Escape and MediEvil
>>
>>337408390
Chrono Cross, Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, FF 7,8,9 and tactics, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Mana, Legend of Legaia, Metal Gear Solid, Saga Frontier 1 and 2, Megaman X 4 and 5.

That's probably good enough for just being off the top of my head.
>>
castlevania sotn
megaman x4, x6
megaman legends 1, 2
misadventures of tron bonne
street fighter alpha 2, 3
xenogears
final fantasy 7, 8
final fantasy tactics
chrono cross (and trigger, it's available for the ps1 so it counts)
breath of fire 3, 4
metal gear solid

i'm sure i'm forgetting quite a few games
>>
>>337408569
you're probably in your 30s, maybe 40s.
>>
>>337409126
Why do you think that? I'm 23.
>>
Silent Bomber. Excellent hidden gem
>>
>>337408390
Shitty-ass console.
>>
Wipeout XL niggaaaa.
>>
In hindsight, 90% of the PS1 exclusives are shit that don't hold up. 100% of N64 exclusives are classics that hold up. Man, PS1 was garbage.
>>
>>337409176
Bullshit. No one under 30 ever heard of Parasite Eve. Wasn't even that popular when it was new.
>>
>>337410395
I'm 27 and knew parasite eve. It was in all the gaming magazines at the time and people bought every square game that came out.
>>
>>337410293
Yeah if you like collectathon platformers 64 was great.

If you didn't it's a little rough. The only 64 game I still play from time to time is Ogre Battle 64.
>>
>>337408390
klonoa, crash bandicoot (CTR more than anything), and tekken 3
pretty good actually
>>
>>337410395
That's nonsense, it might not have been ultra mainstream but it was popular enough to be rereleased as part of the 'greatest hits' line and people talked about it all the time in comparison to RE.
>>
>>337410293
>100% of N64 exclusives are classics that hold up
nice bait
>>
File: army men 3D.jpg (119 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
army men 3D.jpg
119 KB, 1440x1080
a true classic
>>
>>337410293
>90% of the PS1 exclusives are shit that don't hold up. 100% of N64 exclusives are classics that hold up

That probably still works out as the PS1 being massively superior.
>>
>>337410293
Here's your (You)

Fresh from the oven
>>
File: fuck you.gif (3 MB, 310x210) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.gif
3 MB, 310x210
>>337410395

You're retarded, PE was plastered all over every video game magazine at the time. Also if you ever bought a single Squaresoft game it was all over the case or instruction manual, it would be impossible to miss it. PE1 was also one of the first games to get a greatest hits.

Anyway OP

Here are some gems that probably won't get listed.

Bust a Groove 1 and 2
Vandal Hearts 1 and 2
Brigandine
Galeriens
>>
Silent Hill
Final Fantasy VII
Ridge Racer Type 4
Resident Evil 2
Wipeout
>>
>>337408390
Crash Bandicoot series, Spyro series, Resident Evil series
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.