[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously...How do I start winning with this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: chan (16).jpg (20 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
chan (16).jpg
20 KB, 700x700
Seriously...How do I start winning with this game?
>>
Pick random hero's until you've played most of them twice.
>>
Play Riki, I've watched some of the biggest retards imaginable play this game and every time they pick riki they automatically carry
>>
>>337408378
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwf_WRHN8b8
>>
>>337408378
Play with a team
>>
>>337409271
>super deep voice effect
>still manages to sound like a nerd
fucking assfaggots
>>
File: 1395453668655.jpg (176 KB, 386x468) Image search: [Google]
1395453668655.jpg
176 KB, 386x468
>>337408378
Pick the lich
>>
Get lucky and queue with 4 people that are decent
>>
Don't be South American.
>>
>>337408378
Don't be North American
>>
>>337408585
>>337408585
>>337408585
this.

then you realize randoming is too much fun and never stop doing it.

i random every game that i can.

also don't play all pick, single draft, random draft, least played, anything but all pick.
>>
>>337408378
Practice lots.

I'm 6k MMR and there's no good way about it. It's a game about decision making, not necessarily fast reflexes. To make good decisions you have to know what your other options are, and which of those options is best.
>>
Type Alt + F4

There's no winning when you play a MOBA.
>>
not only am i in perma low prio right now..im in "shadow pool" of players where it's matched with NOTHING but peruvians and spics who throw the game nonstop no joke this is a real thing.
>>
>>337411734
>There's no winning when you play a MOBA.
Absolutely, that's why I play dota instead
>>
>>337408378
Very carefully.

Seriously though, what this bloke said.
>>337411384
>>
git gud
>>
>>337408378
RANDOM EVERY GAME or play support until 100 hours of dota
>>
Anybody south of the Ecuador should not be allowed to play this game.
>>
>>337412185

how did that happen?
>>
>memorizing the exact skillset and every conceivable item tree of ~100 goddamn characters just so you can play the EXACT SAME GODDAMN MAP and do the EXACT SAME GODDAMN THING over and over
DOTA and all other MOBAs are shit.
>>
>>337413206
this

play fun games instead
>>
>>337413161
Excesive cussing and using racial slurs/Leaving a lot of games i have a life outside of dota to tend to so i have to leave games sometimes but anyway it got me thrown into the shadowpool so i just uninstalled no joke.
>>
>>337413206
Dota is the least repetitive multiplayer game I've ever played.
>>
File: 1444447154325.gif (980 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1444447154325.gif
980 KB, 221x196
>>337411260
2nd this single draft is king
>>
>>337413206
>Wahh, there are too many character and item combinations!
>Wahh, it's the same thing every time!
So, which is it?
>>
>>337413206
Dota isn't the 'exact same goddamn thing' over and over, it has incredible replay value - no two match are alike because of hero picks and itemization.

Also I don't know why you're talking about memorization, you remember tons of tiny details in your life, location of files on your computer and etc.

You remember mechanics and things in other games that you don't forget, why would Dota be any different?
>>
>>337410658
This

>>337408378
Unless you're naturally just a fucking Dota prodigy or something, the best way to win in this game is to luck out and get English-speaking teammates (I'm assuming your first language is English). I am not joking when I say this.
>>
>>337413603
Yeah getting matched with peruvians and shit no joke happens every other game and they are hellbent on making you lose.
>>
>>337413206
If it was repetitive then people wouldn't be putting over three thousand hours into it
>>
>>337413815
People put three thousand hours into LoL though
>>
>>337411260
>>337408585
NOT
THIS
LEARN THE FUCKING BASICS FIRST
LEARN HOW TO LIST HIT CONSISTENTLY
LEARN HOW TO DENY CONSISTENTLY
LEARN MAP AWARENESS AND HOW TO CHECK YOUR MINIMAP AT ALL TIMES
LEARN WHAT WARDING IS, AND WHAT PLACES ARE GOOD TO WARD AT WHAT TIMES
DON'T JUST LEARN TO CREEP PULL OR STACK, LEARN WHEN TO DO IT AND WHY TO DO IT.

Learn some fucking fundamentals, THEN learn the heroes and items THEN you will start to properly appreciate when, where and why you've gone wrong in replays. Too many people run into putting massive time into "learning" each character despite not even knowing the basic role they're trying to use their hero in. This leads to ridiculous scenarios where you know all sorts of arbitrary factoids that people possibly triple your MMR doesn't know yet you can't get any better because you don't understand fundamentally what you're supposed to be doing with him.
>>
>>337413971
Yes because it's not repetitive either
>>
File: 4823180569.png (13 KB, 714x186) Image search: [Google]
4823180569.png
13 KB, 714x186
>>337414202
>actually is literally the same fucking thing every time
>not repetitive
lol
>>
>>337413603
>I am not joking when I say this.
I've never been able to wrap my head around the idea that the greatest challenge to learning this game is a language barrier. It is baffling how that is allowed to be true.

We're all shitters, that's just a fact. But what I also don't get is how people, who don't speak the local language think that an acceptable substitute is to shit-talk everyone they encounter in the worst broken form of the local dialect.

I'm not saying English speakers are the nicest people on the planet. And I'll never know what it is like to play in Chinese or French or German but I'm not going to learn the local curse words and spam them ad nauseum no matter how much rage I have.

It's one thing to be a shitter. It's another thing to be a shitter and actually think your terrible communication skills are going to garner any shred of respect from the recipient. Nobody's going to be offended at the diss, they're too busy wondering why your culture is so fucking useless.
>>
>>337408378
person with literally 4k hours of dota played and 5.5k mmr when i still gave a shit

don't

valve has fucked up the game super badly by taking reddits advice for 3 years. it's just a clusterfuck of comeback mechanics and awful irrelevant fucking around for 60 minutes until one guy throws and the game ends. farming doesn't matter, killing doesn't matter and teamfights barely matter. every teamfight the gold and xp difference reset to 0 even if one team kills 1 player and the other kills 3.

this probably doesn't make that much sense to you but just know that dota is nothing like the game it was 3 or 4 years ago, when it was at its peak. it's just garbage now.
>>
File: Pure Skill Kill.webm (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Pure Skill Kill.webm
2 MB, 1280x1024
>>337408378
Git Gud
>>
>>337414119
This. Learn to crawl then it will make it easier to run.

I always suggest to new players to play Lich. Everyone has their own idea of what is the best hero to play but Lich is unique in one way.

So long as you cast your spells, you can't fuck up. You targetted the wrong guy with Frost, wrong guy gets shield, ate the wrong creep, Chained the wrong target, all fine. Nobody is depending on you, you do your shit, die and it's up to the rest of the team, which isn't much different from playing Lich well.

You will learn to be poor, be the ward bitch, and be grateful that you have anything more than brown boots.

When the player has mastered Lich, they have mastered everything about the game that is not hero specific.
>>
>log 3000 hours
>rarely have fun when you win
>feel like complete shit when you lose

All that wasted time... You don't win with MOBAs
>>
>>337415602
Lich is the best fucking hero and I agree with playing him first. Suicide Lich is a great lane and often you get people that can't deal with all the harass you throw out and it's easy kills for your or anyone else who is nearby.
>>
>>337408378
Just pick slark lmao.
>>
>>337414119
Giving this much fuckery about a game you won't remember 70yrs from now because it was the cause of your Alzhiemer's.
>>
>>337416074
Exactly - you can play Lich completely fucking wrong. Spamming every spell the moment you get mana, auto attacking, just fucking up royally by every definition of a DotA player. Even if you never cast Frost Shield on your allies. So long as you can point and click in the general direction of the enemy hero ice is going to fly.

Especially now, Chain and Nova frost effects stack. So even if you cast Nova and Chain on a single alone hero you've done your job. That's all you're good for, if at dogshit matchmaking your allies can't capitalize on that, it's not your fault.

Grade 1 of Lich school is casting Chain Frost when two targets are present, how fucking hard could that possibly be. And I don't mean hero targets, you can let that skill fly at a creep wave and there is nothing wrong about that, it's 200 gold. That's two fucking wards and a TP scroll, you're a champion.
>>
>>337415529
slark no second set of regen, no AoQ or pms, goes for gloves first. Play openly sub level 6.

He deserved to die.
>>
>>337416769
>you're a champion
no, you're a hero
>>
>>337415438
Litterly everybody who has played 1 moba a long time says this. Legue hots dota dont matter they all do. I think your just blaming the game for you not playing it much.
>>
>mfw just had a DK offlane who started ring of regen quelling blade
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.