[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: The name of the genre and their respective highest point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (193 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
193 KB, 1024x768
ITT: The name of the genre and their respective highest point
Western rhythm games
>>
>>337404348
>western
Good save, OP.
What's wrong with 3 and 4?
>>
File: nofucksgiven.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
nofucksgiven.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>337404348
Why even bother when Eastern rhythm games exist?
>>
File: RhythmHeavenFever_1.jpg (196 KB, 628x357) Image search: [Google]
RhythmHeavenFever_1.jpg
196 KB, 628x357
Eastern Rhythm games
>>
>>337404525
4 is to 2 as Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 is to Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2.
>>
>>337404525
3 didn't have competitive modes, people would quit out of the multiplayer all the time, and the single player was short.
4 has no fucking content, and is practically an early access game. Online is going to be DLC later this year, and I still don't have all the DLC I paid for last gen.
>>
>>337404973
Okay, when are you going to tell me why?
I'm legitimately curious, I'm thinking of buying back into GH/RB and I want to know what to go for and why.
>>
>>337404525
>What's wrong with 3 and 4?
3 was absolutely fine, don't get me wrong, but I just feel that the single player experience and general feel was lacking, also 2 had the best setlist. And 4 is just shit, with no features to speak of, and a worrying lack of content as far as music and customization are concerned
>>337404757
Because they have three different ways to play packed into the same game and accessible setlists that I may or may not already know
>>
>>337404525
3 was trash in general the engine was ass, the character models in general looked like shit and the setlist was terrible
>>
File: greedmode-noscale.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
greedmode-noscale.jpg
147 KB, 1920x1080
roguelike
>>
>eastern rhythm games

Sorry, but I'd like the songlist to be more than shitty techno
>>
>>337405065
>only 2 body types on custom characters
>not all of the old DLC is available
>some old songs from exports are locked behind the preorder bonus pack and can't be obtained any other way
>no online
>no practice mode
>>
>>337405235
>techno
I mean if you're gonna have shit opinions, at least get your terminology right
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
>>337404348
FPS
>>
>>337404525
3 had a lot of weird, unfocused stuff like the spades that only appeared in the weak campaign mode, the Pro Guitar costing an extra dollar in DLC tracks and Keyboards only being supported for new DLC unless you rebuy old songs

4 is, on paper, better, due to having harmonies for all songs and a more focused 4-instrument approach, but is effectively feature dry with very little customization options, no practice mode, and buggy new generation instruments that drop notes constantly, coupled with an "early access" approach to updates meaning that you have to sit on the game for many other features.
>>
>>337405065
>No keyboard
>No pro guitars, not that too many people used them but c'mon you have a lot of fucking map work that is just being thrown away
>Vocal freestyles/freestyle solos are dumb features that actual players don't care for
>Instruments needed firmware updates when it came out
>Older instruments (a promised feature) dc'd all the time for no fucking reason
>Setlist was short, and didn't really have to many standout songs
>Venues looked bad
>Character creation is INSANELY limited
>No online play until December
>Promised 60FPS but only runs the tracks at 60fps
The positives are
>New random drum fills is not a bad mechanic and can be swapped out if you don't like
>New instruments look and feel good
>Can challenge friends to beat high scores
Those are the only good things about 4
>>
>>337404348
That's a funny way to spell

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
>>
>>337405752
Dude I just beat it, there is nothing to do once you beat it.

But PC version is fucking cool because of custom tracks and general good engine having. But outside of like 8 songs, nothing else is too fun on disc
>>
File: 1378660908350.png (315 KB, 501x737) Image search: [Google]
1378660908350.png
315 KB, 501x737
>>337405752
Guitar Hero 3 was fucking trash, mate

Game was ugly as sin, input windows were looser than your mum, tracks were overcharted to all bloody hell (there's a word I haven't said since ScoreHero), and the "power ups" in guitar duels were easily abusable and a cakewalk

Still better than World Tour, though.
>>
>>337405752
GH3 is the one I played and loved the most and nowadays I can safely say it's garbage.
Its hopo system is fucking terrible and requires you play in rhythm even less than a rhythm game with no accuracy scoring already inherently does.
>>
>>337405948
And World Tour was still better than Smash Hits

Which was still better than 5

Which was still better than Band Hero

which was still better than Van Halen

God damn, Guitar Hero really fucking ruined western music games

Took 'em till fucking Warriors of Rock to put out something good again
>>
>>337405206
On the other hand, it had the most robust feature set in any rhythm game ever made. 5 physical instruments, midi controller support, I think three separate practice modes.

And it had Heart of Glass on the setlist
>>
>>337406669
>And it had Heart of Glass on the setlist

Fucking right it did. And Roundabout and Bohemian Rhapsody among some other great songs
>>
File: 1452480837890.gif (17 KB, 188x185) Image search: [Google]
1452480837890.gif
17 KB, 188x185
>people whining over which game had the best setlist and features
>not exporting all your songs

I have almost 500 songs on rb4 on my xbox while my roommates and I still play this shit daily.
Why does anyone care about anything outside of the songs?
I just want to play the songs, get everything else out.
If I had the option for a music video mode like in rb3 or the wormhole from gh wor I'd be happy, hell just give me a black screen.

You guys bicker about the most petty features to these games.
>>
>>337408713
>not exporting all your songs
Oh I would love to but I still can't import 2's (the best one) and half of my DLC still isn't available
>>
>>337409073
Even though I was just saying it was dumb to compare the setlists, I completely agree with you on rb2's setlist being the best so I can't fault you there.
But what do you mean half of your dlc isn't available? The only songs that aren't transferred to rb4 are rbn songs and lego songs if you're on ps4 I think.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.