[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is gearbox terrible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: gearbox-software.jpg (34 KB, 610x300) Image search: [Google]
gearbox-software.jpg
34 KB, 610x300
Honestly, is gearbox one of the shittiest developement teams ever? The only thing they seem to have got KIND of right was Borderlands, and even that gets boring as shit.
>>
People tend to hate GB for what they did with Nintendo's funds. I don't know the whole story but it's pretty messed up.
>>
opposing force rules
>>
>>337404318
you mean sega's funds
>>
File: half-life-opposingForce.jpg (112 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
half-life-opposingForce.jpg
112 KB, 1024x768
>>337402794

>The only thing they seem to have got KIND of right was Borderlands

OP, pls
>>
>>337402794
The Duke stuff I'm worried about, especially since they made it impossible to get the originals unless you already had them.
>>
>>337405536

Valve did most of the hard work though
>>
>>337402794
Brothers in arms is great.
>>
They literally stole Duke. Them and their satanic lawyers can rot in hell.
>>
they had one good game, Opposing Force
>>
borderlands is literally like the most shallow game ever
>>
>>337402794
Don't people mostly hate that pichtfork guy? Can't remember his name.

Not everyone at GB can be a complete ass like him, right?
>>
>>337402794
Best things gearbox made was Opposing force, as a standalone expansion pack, nothing more and not even making their own lores and shits.

Second, borderlands 1 was good, so good it actually quenched my thirst for diablo loot, which is the original point of them making diablo in the first place, nothing more, no twists and plots and anthony "butcher" cuck and ashley "asscuck" cuck.

Anything pass BL1 + BL1 dlcs is cancerous no brainer money grabbing jewing scheme in my personal gaming history.

Not even EA can top that even though i hate EA for gobbling up all the best talents, at least they're straight forward. Activision and ubisoft definitely same tier.
>>
>>337408330
typo.
which is the original point of them making like diablo in the first place
>>
>>337406295
>>337406838
This. They killed Dook. If they own Shadow Warrior too, we're fucked
>>
>>337407747
Yes, he's a massive prick.
>>
>>337408452
I think Devolver have Shadow Warrior and Atari have Blood.

>>337407747
Does he really stipulate in contracts that it's considered a breach of the contract if someone makes fun of him? That's...just sad.
>>
File: 1448478229550.jpg (43 KB, 402x480) Image search: [Google]
1448478229550.jpg
43 KB, 402x480
After 16 years, Gearbox still doesn't understand the concept of lag compensation. Every multiplayer game of theirs requires you to lead the target if you're not the host.
>>
OpFor was fun and I'm kinda sad it wasn't considered canon to the HL series

BL1 was dogshit, BL2 was slightly better but still dogshit
>>
>>337402794
I will never forgive them for Aliens CM
>>
>>337407747
Randy "Dandy" Pitchfork
>>
>>337402794
Borderlands was only important to me because it didn't have DRM on release. They fucked that by 'testing' DRM near B2 release, B2 was shit and chockfull of it and the game overall was 'decent' but not good or great.

They're probably not the shittiest (Blizzard teams, several EA teams, Bioware, Bethesda), but they're damn well tying.
>>
>>337402794
>Is gearbox terrible

They steal money from the projects they are given to make their own games. Yes, they are terrible. I wish they were sued into oblivion.
>>
>>337408452
Devolver have full ownership of Shadow Warrior, don't worry.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.