[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you tolerate no longer being part of the targeted demographics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: 1462724609594.jpg (114 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1462724609594.jpg
114 KB, 500x750
How do you tolerate no longer being part of the targeted demographics for video games?

It kills me, honestly.

I grew up on turn based JRPGs and these days everything is a fucking ARPG.

I actually cried when the FF7 remake was shown as an ARPG, I felt so fucking hopeless.

DQ the last bastion of turn based is facing localization issues, DQ11 which looks amazing might not even release in the US.

All I do is replay old games pretty much, this gen has been terrible.
>>
>>337391164
I got over it when the targetted demographics was story fags
>>
>>337391241
You must be older than me and I'm 27.

What are, 38ish?
>>
>>337391379
I'm also 27.
But I didnt start gaming when I was 9 like you,
>>
>>337391689
My fist console was an NES I got in like 93-94

My first games were FF and Dragon Warrior(Quest) though.
>>
There will always be more mature games being released. The target demographic for shit like Stellaris or Civ isn't 12 year olds. Red Orchestra I'm sure wasn't made for a mass young demographic. You might have to try genres you don't usually play but you're still the target for some dev somewhere.
>>
>>337392141
I really don't like AI partners.

I like action games like NMH/DMC/Bayo.

I used to like fighting games but I feel very burned out on them.

I don't really like anything else at all.
>>
>>337392378
Your problem, not anyone elses.
>>
You weren't the target demographic for video games when you were a kid, so I don't see why it should be bothering you now since you still aren't
>>
>>337391164
>>337392378
>This gen has been terrible
>literally restricts himself when it comes to games in general
woooooooooooooooowwwwwwww
>>
>>337392539
There were a billion turn based JRPGs and I bought them all.

Now there are none

>>337392616
>Hey try this food
>I try it and don't like it
>YOU'RE JUST LIMITING YOURSELF MAN, EAT IT ANYWAY
>>
>>337391164
I just play the old games.

Honestly, the jrpg was getting stale anyways. How many times can you release the same thing in a new skin? Same thing will happen with newer games eventually.

Whether its jrpg or arpg, as long as its a fun game, I'm up for it.
>>
It doesn't bother me that I'm not the target demo.

It does bother me that people who think video games are causing harm to society are somehow increasingly becoming the target demo.
>>
>>337391164
I wouldn't know, since I don't have this problem. I'm capable of a thing called ADAPTATION... you might want to try it some day.

Protip: it's not about forcing yourself to like something you previously didn't like. It's about not liking the wrong things in the first place.
>>
The actual demographic for JRPG must be 30 yo since it's mainly made for chink otakus.
>>
>>337392965
> this

He's right you know. The focus has moved form "people who play games" to "people who complain about games"

When will the madness end
>>
>>337392965
>>337393224
People who play games don't play them because they like them.

They play them as an extension of socialization, online was the worst thing to happened to gaming.

Local multiplayer was fine, but online made gaming go on full normie.
>>
>>337393224
When catering to them doesn't make you feel morally superior anymore.

So never.
>>
>>337392739
>FOOD THESE DAYS SUCKS
>Hey try this food, you might like it
>THIS FOOD ISN'T MADE FOR ME
>>
>>337391164
I bully the children who are
>>
The problem isn't that you're getting older. It's that your mind isn't. You're still stuck in nostalgialand, unable to accept change, new ideas, and new interpretations.

I'm 28 and the FF7 remake is looking nice to me.
>>
>>337391164
Grndpa, whut iz "((turn based ))"??
>>
File: v gamer fuel threads.png (98 KB, 1243x559) Image search: [Google]
v gamer fuel threads.png
98 KB, 1243x559
>>337394164
So that's why /v/ is full of waterfags.
>>
I haven't been the target since 3d platformers died

either expand your tastes are get a new hobby
>>
>>337394164
Pretty much this.
>>
>>337391164
I feel with you OP
games nowadays are designed for retards and there is no hope
only thing we can do is start developing games ourselves, other than that, just accept that it is ogre
>>
>>337394164
>Food these days sucks
>here try this food, you might like it
>I did, and it sucks
more like this
>>
>>337393447
Normies aren't the ones thinking video games cause societal harm anymore. Now it's weirdos who REEE at normies as much as any /r9k/ sadfrog, except they call them "the patriarchy" instead.
>>
>>337394164
Shut up fag OP bested you there, now you're just trying too hard
>>
>>337391164
>I grew up on turn based JRPGs and these days everything is a fucking ARPG.

same here, we shouldve followed our dreams when we were young and make our own videogames
>>
>>337394952
>I did, and I personally didn't like it because it isn't what food I ate as a child
ftfy
>>
>>337395269
>because the food I ate as a child was good and this is shit
>>
>>337395404
>because the food I ate as a child was good and I hate change
>>
File: laugh1.webm (491 KB, 522x716) Image search: [Google]
laugh1.webm
491 KB, 522x716
>videogames have an age limit
>>
>>337392739
>There were a billion turn based JRPGs and I bought them all.
>Now there are none
That's a load of shit considering the 3DS and Vita have a bunch.
>b-b-but those are shit
Then stick to your 90s backlog instead of complaining that you're old.
>>
To all the people saying that things werent better before

Ask your grandparents if they ever said "things were better before" when they were young
The answer will always be the same : they never did

It's facts
>>
>>337395506
>>because the food I ate as a child was good and I hate change, when something good is changed to something shit
we can do this all day
>le you are just afraid of change maymay
fuck off
>>
>>337395703
>To all the people saying that things werent better before
Nobody said things weren't better before.
All I see are people telling OP that good things still exist. He just doesn't want to try them or dismisses them as shit because they're new.
>>
>>337393447
> People who play games don't play them because they like them.

Then why do they play games..?

I get what your saying, but personally, I rarely socialize when I play games. Sure, I have some online friends I might play with, but I'm there for the game.

I guess youre right, gaming has become a more social pastime.

I dunno. Its all over complex. I just wanna play my vidya
>>
>>337393505
;_;

You speak the truth. So why does it cause me such pain?
>>
>>337395841
Don't mind him. /v/ is full of ronery wannabe-normies who think socializing/sex is the only source of happiness and all hobbies are just escapism for people who can't get those.
>>
>>337395743
>we can do this all day
yeah but the difference here is that I'm still enjoying games while you're focusing on countering my food analogies
>>
>>337391164
Shouldn't you be in /vr/ with the other jaded faggots?
>>
>>337391164
I'm also sick of the arpg trend. At this point they've become more generic than traditional turn-based jrpgs.

Plus I'm an srpg fan and we've really not gotten much these past two gens. And most of the newer srpgs are just FE/Compile Heart/Nippon Ichi/Idea Factory shit.
>>
>>337395619
oh god so fucking perfect hnnnng
>>
>>337396090
>yeah but the difference here is that I'm still enjoying games
The difference might be that you are underage
>>
You guys know you can punish devs for making bad game by not playing woooooooooooooooooowwww
>>
>>337396383
> He's right you know.

I don't get why people don't get this. If you like something, cool. People have opinions. Enjoy your thing.

If you don't like something, also cool. Opinions, remember? Doesn't mean you have to play the game or complain about people who enjoy it. Don't support the release.
>>
>>337396354
so now I'm 90s you still enjoying current games
I'm having twice more fun than you ever had
>>
>>337391164
Just get the latest RPG Maker and make your own.
>>
File: 1803_crytek-prev.png (49 KB, 700x277) Image search: [Google]
1803_crytek-prev.png
49 KB, 700x277
No one has made a AAA shooter for my platform in 9 fucking years.

Thanks a lot, 'Murican peasants.
>>
>>337396073
Thanks anon. :o]
>>
>>337395972
I also forgot to mention that catering to them also makes your game immune to any criticism.

>This game sucks.
>Oh, you don't like the strong black non-binary protagonist, you fucking bigot?!
>What are you talking about? The piece of shit crashes when I try to start it. I can't even get to the title screen!
>Oh wow I can't even. You couldn't even make it to the title screen because you just hate anyone not straight white and male THAT MUCH?! I'm fucking sick right now. I'm calling your employer and telling him to fire your ass. Filth like you should not be tolerated in a progressive and enlightened society. Go kill yourself shitlord.
>So the game doesn't crash for you?
>lol I haven't actually bought it or played it or anything dumbass. What do I look like, a nerd?
>>
>>337396090
I enjoy games too, I enjoy lots of old games
>>
>>337396864
You're welcome you pathetic no-life virgin loser.
>>
>>337391164
I got another hobby.

It's a big world, there's a lot of things to do.
>>
>>337397178
:'(
>>
I'm 34 and JRPGS are for fags

Press A a lot and watch some gay movie about teenagers saving the world

Wow AMAZING!!!!
>>
>>337397057
Name one game like that that isn't indie trash

SJW's don't buy games and soon enough they'll get bored of vidya and move onto something else to ruin these people are tourists
>>
>>337397989
They'll move to something else but they won't leave. They won't be happy until every aspect of society caters to them and pushes their politics, because they believe every opinion but theirs is not just wrong, but evil and dangerous.
>>
>>337392378

That's a very close minded point of view
>>
>>337397989
> get bored
> move on

I sure hope so. Hasten the day.
>>
>>337397823
>Press A a lot to make your character flail around like a retard and then watch some gay movie about your edgelord mc saving the word
>arpgs
>>
>>337398712
agree
>>
>>337391164
I got new hobbies like reading, running and joined volunteer fire department. Now i just play old games and sometimes buy a new one. You just need to get over it.
>>
>>337397823
>>337398712

So what you guys are saying is all video games are shit?
>>
>>337398908
no just rpgs
>>
>>337398908
Pretty much.
>>
>>337397989
People who have made their race and gender their entire personality don't get bored with screaming about race and gender.
>>
>>337391689
27 IS the targeted demographics for video games now
>>
>>337399161
You forgot sexual preference.

I'll never understand why people celebrate modern media shoehorning in base, stereotypical, token gay characters that are actually insulting to gay people.

>"HEY EVERYONE THIS CHARACTER IS GAY IT IS THEIR ONLY TRAIT AND WE WILL REMIND YOU OF IT EVERY ISSUE/EPISODE BECAUSE OBLIGATORY GAY SEX SCENES ARE 'PROGRESSIVE'"
>>
>>337399541
Because gay is THEIR only trait, so of course they like characters like that.

They can't relate to any character not exactly like them.

A well-written character who happens to be gay is offensive to them because it's "erasing" their gayness or some shit.
>>
>>337399541
You know what's hilarious?
The game I find where it's the least shoehorned in (but still present) is fucking Borderlands 2, written by a man who openly said he would happily sacrifice the quality of a story to shoehorn in SJW shit.
I guess that's just how shitty of a writer Burch is. He tried to shoehorn it in but fucked it up and the end result was not so bad.
>>
File: 1425657063194.png (469 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
1425657063194.png
469 KB, 636x900
You never liked video games in the first place.
You've always been a milquetoast poser who used them to cope with something missing in your life.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.