[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Early Access
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: EA Z.jpg (149 KB, 963x600) Image search: [Google]
EA Z.jpg
149 KB, 963x600
This game has been in Early Access for 3 years. Pretty crazy right? Why the fuck do people support this system? They are literally selling you a promise and you all fall for it like idiots.

I just wanted to make this thread to let every one of you browsing /v/ who bought an Early Access title that you are a fucking retard and you will never get that money and time back. You can keep lurking now, fucking idiot.
>>
File: games_kf2_logo.jpg (138 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
games_kf2_logo.jpg
138 KB, 392x500
Fuck you OP. I was sure it was going to be different this time ;-;
>>
>>337390652
>Buy dayz
>have hours of fun with friends

Yep, totally wasted my money and time
>>
How long does it usually take to develop a game?
>>
>>337390781
To be fair, it could pass as a full game at this point. It seems more complete than most other early access games. They're just keeping it in that mode so it's harder to complain about little problems.
>>
File: header.jpg (36 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36 KB, 460x215
Oh hi there, remember me?
>>
>>337391056
2 years
>>
>>337390781
Don't forget when Killing Floor 1 came out it had fuck all content.

The only thing I really dislike about KF2 is the Micro-transactions they should of just done DLC packs like the first one.
>>
>>337390652
I paid $35 for Ark. I paid $100 for Forza 6 ultimate edition. Ark is still updating, seeing new content, thereby increasing its lifespan. Forza 6 is static, and only sees new car packs. Fallout 4 was shit. The new CoD was shit. You are just a AAA shill.
>>
>>337391219
Starbound is leaving early access pretty soon
>>
>>337390652
I was so hyped to play this I ended up buying it

the camera control and controls were fucked up beyond control, it instakilled my hype
>>
>>337392809
I remember them scraping the entire melee system randomly even though it was fine.

And the one they replaced it with was even more broken and broke other combat things too
>>
I've played it for 500 hours, so I got my money's worth.
>>
>>337390652
The game is literally unplayable on my gaming rig and my brand new gaming laptop.
>>
>>337391383
There's a lot of games that take longer. Bohemia averages like 4 to 5 years between major numbered titles.
>>
>>337395254
It doesn't count. The full release should have already happened.
>>
>>337392198
>Starbound is leaving early access pretty soon
So like a year maybe 18 months?
>>
File: 1454729909152.png (130 KB, 311x301) Image search: [Google]
1454729909152.png
130 KB, 311x301
>>337390652
that game is the biggest regret i have on steam. I ended up just deleting it once gabe allowed that.

fuck you deen hall, if I ever see you in person. you're getting kicked in the balls.

sucks bc I had lots of fun on the arma 2 mod
>>
>>337391005
>playing a running simulator
>not wasting your time
Pick one
>>
>release DayZ SA
>explicitly say it's Alpha-tier garbage
>retards buy it up like crazy
>said retards complain about it being Alpha-tier garbage

The real problem with Early Access, and crowdfunding, is that devs can't drop a project if they find it's going nowhere because the players have put money down already and it's not practical to refund them most of the time.
>>
File: role_sniper_spotter.jpg (55 KB, 796x538) Image search: [Google]
role_sniper_spotter.jpg
55 KB, 796x538
>>337396536
This.
I played dayz mod and did a 300 ep series with my friends for like 3k hours. We played epoch and had a impenetrable base for over a year and raided and destroyed some 20 clans. It was so much fucking fun. We had these epic fucking tank battles wed save up/raid supplies for and the fucking glory when you destroyed someone's shit they spent months making. One clan even threw $200 worth of server purchases at us and we annihilated them and set their entire base on fire. We had like 30 safes and endless crates filed with items. The inside of our base was like that scene in the matrix when they loaded in the guns.

And then you have pre dayz mod vanilla standalone without even bikes and leopard skin hatsand clothes that get wet. Yay :^)
>>
File: 1456742085130.png (64 KB, 352x116) Image search: [Google]
1456742085130.png
64 KB, 352x116
>>337390652

> I supported Overgrowth
> Everyone who insults me for expecting a release date is tacitly admitting that the current product is half-assed
> David can be an immature asshole on the IRC for no apparent reason

Why did I think this was a good idea?
>>
If you want open world looting and PVP play the chernarus wasteland mod for arma 3, missions which reward you with high tech guns/apcs/helis draw people together for action, there is vehicles everywhere, it is fun. In DayZ you run around for hours, evading buggy zombies and desperately try to find good PVP but you never do.

Someone name one reason why Wasteland isn't the much better and more fun gamemode.
>>
>>337391191
Fuck off yoshi

You ignore the community all year then start releasing balance patches that are exactly what everyone has been telling you do to because VS mode didnt recover the player base
>>
>>337398808
That shit is retarded. Fucking 10 mile high impenetrable sniper towers, cars and loot everywhere, and the absolute worst part, if you die you can just run back to your stash and instantly get geared again. GTA with zombies. Standalone has none of that bullshit, and good gear is actually hard to find.
>>
>>337392198

sure it is lol
>>
>>337399291
Oh please we had a few balance patches pre-VS mode.

The problem is people either bitch about not getting content (Maps & Perks) or bitch about not getting patches that balance the game, It's in early access.

Although I will admit the recent ammo balance patch was much needed and I'm glad it's finally out.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.