[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no private servers What e-sport has succeeded without this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 037.png (235 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
037.png
235 KB, 500x281
>no private servers

What e-sport has succeeded without this basic necessity?
>>
>Exact signal image

Secret fart thread?
>>
Overwatch is never going to be an e-sport. It's even more ridiculous and less skill-based than TF2.
>>
It has custom games so you're factually wrong
>>
>>337391547
>It's even more ridiculous and less skill-based than TF2.
Na come on bro, being less skill based is not really an argument. By that argument MOBA games can't be esport because they are less skillbase (on a single player basis, not team coordination) than RTS. Or dota and LoL.

Blizzard just has to release the basic needs (private servers, good spectator mode).
Then they got two options:
Either wait and see if a scene is starting to rise on its own
or push the esport agenda (which they could do later).
>>
>>337391547
>Hearthstone will never be an esport
>Heroes of the Storm will never be an esport

Blizzard has the unlimited resources to turn anything into an esport
>>
>>337392019
HotS is on life support. Hearthstone being esport is fucking bizarre glitch in our world.
>>
>>337391547
>Overwatch is never going to be an e-sport. It's even more ridiculous and less skill-based than TF2.
Didn't stop Smash Bros
>>
>>337392362
It's really not. MtG has been competitive and wildly successful before esports was even a thing.
>>
>>337391547
Hearthstone is an e-sport
Really all it proves is that to be a successful e-sport all you need is to be easy for casuals to get into and by pumping money into the scene

There is zero fucking doubt that the shitshow that is overwatch will have a competitive scene
>>
>>337389920
>>no private servers
That's the 1. reason I'm not buying it. If I can't ping a server, or play with the same group of people, then it really isn't the FPS for me.

>b-but you can have custom games!
Pointless. Any FPS that is worth sinking time into has you joining a good server, day after day, and meeting new players. I'll never forget servers like TF2's "/v/ - the vidya Fortress of Fappitude."

I can't imagine what kind of enjoyment you could possibly be getting out of having it out with randos every time you play. How is that satisfying in any way? Might as well sit in the corner of your room flipping a coin and cheering every time you guess it right.
>>
>>337391547
Counter strike became an esport despite not being skill based.
>>
>>337392939
>or play with the same group of people

You can, though. You can make/join channels and you can make custom games with only your friends.
>>
>>337392362
Hearthstone is the perfect spectator sport. Easy to understand, entertaining to watch. Is it a good competitive E-Sport? Fuck no, it's about as competitive as coin flipping with 5 minutes of fireworks between each coin flip. But said fireworks are bright and shiny and draw twitch viewers in like moths.
>>
esports are stupid
>>
>>337393771
>you can make custom games with only your friends.
If I never play with the same people twice, how exactly am I supposed to meet these friends?

>just friend everyone!
Making a custom game with random friends is no different from just playing against random people.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.