[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know, I usually don't mind when people don't like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (225 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
225 KB, 1280x720
You know, I usually don't mind when people don't like good games, I'm used to that. But holy shit am I pissed off for people claiming wrong info. So let's start:

>20 FPS
False, read some frame reports. Singleplayer is solid 30, multiplayer is solid 60, do your own comparisons if you don't believe the official ones.

>hur dur walking simulator movie
False again. While the intro is a bit cutscene heavy (unlike other Uncharted games) it soon picks up and becomes a really enjoyable platformer with enjoyable combat and some lite puzzles to take a break. There are very little QTE except one used here and there to "resist" or lift something up, similar to let us say MGS torture scene but less intense. Everything else you think is cinematic because you are watching it on youtube instead of playing it (your mom can't afford to buy you a PS4) is actually gameplay.

And that is the good part of Uncharted, that is what the series is trying to acomplish. Building colapsing? You are in control and can move and shoot as you would normally. Wild truck chase? Feel free to jump out of the car to another one or truck, shoot and fight as you would in the main game. In other games, like Rise of the Tomb Raider, it would be PRESS X TO JUMP NOW now kill this guy with pressing B. Actual QTE. Not here.

continued in next post
>>
>>337389076
>combat is boring and typical third person shooter!
Wrong again. Every Uncharted game was basically an arena where enemies started coming at you from every angle and you had to use your agility (which complimented the platforming and vice versa) to climb around them and keep moving around. If you stand still too much enemies flank you or spam you with grenades. This keeps the combat flowing.

And combat is especially really great in Uncharted 4. Every encounter has this pretty big arena and you can now slide down slopes, use grappling hook, be stealthy, etc. And at every moment you can shoot, even when in mid air using grappling hook, so the whole combat feels really great, similar to Vanquish (just less over the top).

>hurrr muh too deep for me story
Come on. The whole game is a light hearted indiana jones adventure flick with pretty good dialogue and character writing. Literally anti pretentious.

>hurrr it's 3 hours long!
Every Uncharted game was about 8 hours long, first one a bit shorter. This one is very long though, about 12 hours for me and I'm usually really fast. Other people finished it in 12-15. And damn, those 12 hours there is really a lot to see and do, a lot of scenery changes and cool set pieces. Cutscenes are maybe for an hour or two out of it, so you still get at least 10 hours of gameplay.
>>
>>337389076
>Singleplayer is solid 30
There are moments where it dips to ~20 for a few seconds, though. Not a big deal.
>>
>>337389076
why bother, you're not going to change anyone's opinion on /v/ with this nonsense

and if this is bait, good job I replied
>>
I agree but you cant discuss this game on /v/ right now.
>>
>>337389343
Really really rarely. Maybe three times in the whole 12-15 hour game.

>>337389346
Not a bait, I mean it.
>>
Dude Raider
>>
>>337389076
>Its an Uncharted shilling thread

MODS
>>
Just played chapter 11 where you go to the island off Madagascar. Can't believe how fleshed out it was, even underwater everything's fleshed out. Very few cut scenes and no gunplay yet it was probably my favorite chapter so far.
>>
>>337389076
I just don't see why I would spend 60 dollars on it. The first three were extremely average games and from everything I've seen it doesn't look any different. Sure when it's 20 bucks. But for 60? No thank you.
>>
Ye i komepletely agee
>>
Wait until the PC players get a game to play so they won't shitpost
>>
>muh cinematic third person shooter

There is no defending this, I didn't read your post and never will. Kill yourself, OP.
>>
>>337390348
Yeah, I really liked that one. Next chapter is even better, with some exploration, then some nice climbing and cool set piece, then puzzle, then the wild car chase from E3 demo.

>>337390351
You don't have to buy it or like it. I just dislike when people spout lies about the series.

>>337390518
Great argument.
>>
>>337389206
>The whole game is a light hearted indiana jones adventure flick

I like the part where, in defense of this garbage, you actually admit it's a movie instead of a game.
>>
You know full well you can't discuss this game on /v/ right now.

>>337390351
Yeah I thought that too pre-release but I actually decided to give ND a chance and play it and it's worth every fucking penny, it's a AAA game done right essentially and its refreshing because of have rare that in itself actually is.
>>
I don't plan to buy it but I will rent it.
I don't understand the hate. I guess since Overwatch beta ended there were no PC games to play. And you have to justify your 1k purchase somehow.
>>
>>337389076
>>337389206
AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>337390737
>describe story
>story of this game is similar to the story of this movie

ITS A MOVIE THEN
>>
>>337390774
>I don't plan to buy it but I will rent it.

Don't unless you have really have to imo, I don't know how or weather or not people have convinced you this is something on the level of Ubisofts annuals AAA games but it isnn't. If there was a time to support a AAA game and the people behind it, it's with this game
>>
>>337391197
You actually sound like a shill and I love this game.

Rent it. Play it past chapter 8 (it's really slow in the beginning). If you start enjoying it, buy it.
>>
>shill so upset
>digital foundry technical test shows literally 20 fps
you can't argue your way out of physical legitimate evidence
>>
I know you spend time to write that for the other thread, but why make a new one?

No one here cares, they never will. They just want to shitpost.

Also, average play time is 10h+.
>>
>>337389838
>12-15 hour game
>>
>>337391291
I know I sound like a shill but I'm not, I just don't like the idea of people who equate the value of this game to something that ubisoft shits out every year, its miles ahead and classes above shit like that and when a AAA game is done right it's worth supporting so in the future we might even get more of them.
>>
>>337391459
>Also, average play time is 10h+.

Bullshit, I'm 10hours in and I just reached the jungle
>>
>>337391459
because i left the thread after i physically fucking raped his counter argument to shreds
he's upset and trying to rationalize his purchase of a ps4
but i've bought a ps4 too, and i'm not so fucking poor i need to rationalize it to some random pleb on the internet
the game ran like shit, struggled to get 30 and ran like fucking molasses, like most ps4 games do
and
>rationalize your 1k purchase
you're the one sitting here trying to rationalize your 400 dollar one, i have the best of both worlds, and know when to call a turd a turd, and uncharted 4 is a turd, until we can hopefully play it on ps4.5 at 60 fps
>>
File: 1462803051776.png (734 KB, 1337x784) Image search: [Google]
1462803051776.png
734 KB, 1337x784
>>337389076

>Singleplayer is solid 30

That's a nice meme you have there anon. Shame if anything were to happen to it...
>>
>>337391637
It took me 14 hours to beat on hard. It's significantly longer than the other uncharted games.
>>
>>337391958
>that doesn't count!
>>
File: 1462973787735.png (27 KB, 214x197) Image search: [Google]
1462973787735.png
27 KB, 214x197
>>337391759
>That salt
>That grammar
We all know you are some 16 year old kid and mommy won't upgrade your rig.
>>
File: unchar4.png (25 KB, 955x308) Image search: [Google]
unchar4.png
25 KB, 955x308
>>337391431
>>337391958
>frane rate is mostly very stable. But there are instances where frame drops below 30 fps (graph shows about 25). It's not very common mind you.

https://youtu.be/ts2am8WRBXQ

Stop lying retard.

>>337391459
>>337391637
I personally needed about 11 and I'm very very fast with games. Still, such length isn't usually common for cinematic shooters. Max Payne games are really short, for example, the longest I remember is Resi 4 with 14 hours first time.

>>337391759
>argument
>LOL I RAPED YOU BITCH LOL
>>
>>337391736
Talking about the first three. They usually took me something like ~13h. Haven't played 4 yet, but in theory it should be even longer.
>>
>>337389076
>Solid 30
When on earth did this become a standard anyway?
30 is shit but playable but jesus christ, if you're making a console game it should NEVER dip below 30 without the player seriously messing with physics objects or something.
>>
>>337392230
>stop lying
>posts a video with nothing but bullshots, cutscenes and no frame rate indicators
>>
>>337389076
>>337389206
I completely agree. I finished it yesterday. I still liked 2 more though

2 > 4 > 3 > 1
I want to try out multiplayer soon but fuck paying for PS+ right now
>>
>>337390348
That sounds pretty fleshed out, my dude.
>>
>>337392390
Do you know what Digital foundry does? And those are not bullshots or cutscenes...
>>
File: U4Downgrade.webm (1 MB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
U4Downgrade.webm
1 MB, 400x580
>>337392230

>Digital Floundry
>Couldn't even acknowledge the game was downgraded compared to the 2014 demo in their own videos
>Claims solid 30FPS
>Frame pacing is completely fucked up even at 30FPS and the game is struggling to even hold it

Embarassing
>>
>>337392459
>digital foundries
>brags about how great the motion blur is
>>
>>337392230
>LOOK AT MUH SALES NUMBERS
nice argument shill
>>337392162
nigger i have enough pocket cash to buy a ps4 every weekend if i wanted to, i dont have to sit here rationalizing my 400 dollar purchase to plebs
also
>ad hominem because i cant logically retort
>better cry about his grammar or age! because i totally think 20 FPS is perfectly fine!
>muh 20 FPS cinematic experience
>>
>>337392438
I should replay 2, but I think 4 tops it. The combat is really really improved, there is more of the great quieter moments like the yeti cave climbing, story is better, it feels better to play, there are a lot of new mechanics in the game.

Uncharted 2 might've had some better set pieces like the train or the tank in the village though.

>>337392568
Where did I mention sale numbers?
>>
God if only we could have poster IDs on /v/ these shills would be exposed so fucking fast. You do realize you're wasting your life getting paid pennies to promote a game on a board filled with autistic manchildren, right? How do you even sleep at night?
>>
>enjoyable platforming

have you ever played an actual platformer? Holy fucking shit I get you have shit taste but this is just too much. "Platforming" sections are for retards
>>
>>337390737
>implying that's a bad thing
go suck some futa dick tool
>>
there's honestly no reason to keep arguing with the haters, nothing you say or do can change their opinion
>>
>>337392649
a lot of the platforming in this game is completely scripted as well, you can't really fuck up unless you deliberately jump in the completely wrong direction. Most jumps always land you on a specific point and there isn't really error to jumps
>>
>>337389076
>8 hour linear campaign with no replayability
>60 dollaroos

kek
>>
>>337389076
you know, it's not a big deal if you make up nonsense to defend your garbage-favorite-game, but when you use a game that you clearly haven't played to support your argument directed toward people who haven't played a game, you need to realize how retarded you're being.

i played Rise of the Tomb Raider, and while i won't say it's great, or even good, i will say i enjoyed it. considering how i didn't despise it like i did the first game, i can't say i dislike it. regardless, the "QTEs" you said that exist in the game don't even exist. i don't even remember being forced into a QTE sequence.

yet, here i am, having spent a few hours and gotten halfway through Uncharted 4, seeing all this "no QTE" nonsense you've posted. you have to be kidding yourself. this game is just as QTE-free as the first Tomb Raider. the game sucks.

>>337390995
>The whole game is a light hearted indiana jones adventure flick
>flick
>>
>>337392568
even if you aren't 16 you certainly act like it
>>
>it plays at a solid 30fps

haha, just go back to bed and stay there nigga, how fucked is your platform when your agrument is that it can run at a pathetic 30fps?
>>
>>337392683
This room looks really great till you get to the desk which is a shame since it's clearly the focal point.
>>
>>337389076
They're just trolls. The game is a masterpiece.
>>
>>337392670
>they don't even hide it anymore
>they will literally defend movies masquerading as video games
You are the cancer killing video games and /v/.
>>
File: 1460145541892.jpg (68 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1460145541892.jpg
68 KB, 530x600
>>337392568
Okay anon. I'm so jealous of your Ferrari and 2 girlfriends that give you blowjobs all day. You totally wrecked me.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>>
>>337392847
>redditor's first fucking time on 4chan
>gore , dicks, pics of underage girls every other thread
>dumb little out of place normalfag from reddit crying about grammar and age
welcome to 4chan you retard
>>
>>337392886
looks fine to me
>>
>>337392751
>you can't fail unless you fail

>>337392831
>12-15 hour campaign with lots of sandbox elements
>multiplayer that lots of people like
>>
>>337392614
I played 2 recently when I borrowed the Uncharted collection from a friend. It's still a pretty damn good game. I liked the story, characters and setting the most in it. It's just my preference though. 4 definitely has a whole lot of improvements. I hated Uncharted 1 a lot but 2 really changed my view on the series. The multiplayer is really fun too.
>>
>>337392683
>>337392918

>Haters
>Trolls

What marketing agency is paying you?
>>
File: clapvontrap.gif (2 MB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
clapvontrap.gif
2 MB, 219x186
>>337392940
>again implying /v/ was ever good
>muh subjective opinion is relevant because i think so
summer is here
>>
>>337392751
Yeah thats what I meant, also
> you can't really fuck up unless you deliberately jump in the completely wrong direction
you can't even do that, the game won't let you. unless you press O to let it go
>>
>>337392940
No one was ever hiding it. Not me nor the developers. They always wanted that adventure movie feel to it. Do you hate Indiana Jones, anon?
>>
>>337392632
>Shitposting a computer program on a platform you don't own for free
That sounds worse.
>>
>>337389076
>a really enjoyable platformer
Uncharted is an insult to platformers
>>
>>337389076
Enjoyed your QTE boss fight ?
>>
>>337393049
>>you can't fail unless you fail
in most of all platformers, you have to set your self up for a jump in that control of your character and jump is entirely on you, your speed and angle of jump/descent.

This doesn't exist in Uncharted at all, when you're prompted with any sort of platform jump maneuver of any kind it scripts you into it and you can't fail and you'll land on the same spot every time
>>
>>337389206
>similar to vanquish (just less over the top)

It's almost like you went for any other beloved TPS on /v/ and made a baseless comparison to it to try and drive sales for your shill console of choice

Try harder next time, U4 tps gameplay isn't even that bad, generic but not awful, but it controls and plays literally nothing like vanquish.
>>
File: smugkrusty.jpg (8 KB, 206x250) Image search: [Google]
smugkrusty.jpg
8 KB, 206x250
>>337392968
oooh so salty brah
>>
Whats the point of this thread OP? People will just post the same images and webms they always do. If /v/ gets under your skin that much go somewhere else. ND making movies is a meme and it's not going away so just enjoy your games and don't get so worked up
>>
70 DOLLARS

FOR 8 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?
>>
>>337393086
None, I do it for free.

I don't think Uncharted is the greatest game ever or the pinacle of game design. I fully expect other better games to release in 2016. It does have too many cutscenes in the beginning and use QTEs to poor effect at times. It's still not a shitty game though and has a lot of positive things to offer if you've got a PS4.

You can stay mad as fuck though that it's the highest rated exclusive of the generation and the highest rated game of 2016.
>>
OP, I hope you're being paid by ND to shill their game here, 'cause if you aren't, then I feel bad for you.

Also, Uncharted > TLoU, even though both are way too overhyped because muh Sony
>>
I dont give a fuck about Uncharted 4. It might be good but who fucking cares, the Uncharted games have always been inferior to Tomb Raider and If I wanted to actually experience a fun rip roaring adventure id watch Indie jones than spend $80 on a fucking 12 houre experience.
>>
>>337393294
PS4 shills get paid to start flame wars and garbage.

Then when people call them out on it suddenly every contrarian opinion is a "PC shill"
>>
>>337393284
stop man, the only one looking retarded here is you
>>
>>337393319
>70 DOLLARS
not my fault your a canadian nigger

Got it for $48 on Amazon, easily worth that
>>
>>337393390
Tomb Raider is garbage
>>
>>337389206
>pretty good dialogue and character writing. Literally anti pretentious.
Okay now I'm sure this is bait.
From TLOU to Uncharted 4, writing is the worse part. If you think this is good your brain must be full of those shitty TV shows.
>>
>>337393338
why is it so blurry?
>>
>>337393036
And that's the problem, it's only "fine" and not spectacular.
If this game is running at only 30 I should be seeing a lot more, that keyboard shouldn't be incorrectly casting its shadow and that screen should have a reflection, for instance.

The latter especially confuses me since the map has a reflection.
>>
>>337393221
Why are you lying? What's the point? Even if that were the case for normal platforming, you still have sliding where you need to slide to the right spot and using grappling hook, which you need to set up in full 360 angle, swing and jump at the right moment.

>>337393294
Yeah. You're right.
>>
>>337393338
>highest rated exclusive of the generation and the highest rated game of 2016
>caring about muh Metacritic instead of formulating your own opinion about a game

Disgusting.
>>
>>337393221
What are you talking about? Not saying the platforming isn't piss easy, but you can clearly die.
>>
>>337393121
>/v/ was always like this!!!
Reddit historical revisionism everyone.
>>
>>337393475
>easily worth that

In what universe is 8 hours of gameplay wroth 50 fucking dollars?

How can anyone have such low standards? Is that what it's like being a console gamer?
>>
>>337393596
see>>337392230

It's 12-15 hours plus pretty good multiplayer.
>>
>>337393338

>Looks worse than Assassin's Creed Unity

Scraping the barrel here anon
>>
>>337393596
Star Fox 0 is 3 hours and it's easily worth $50
>>
>>337393529
>Why are you lying? What's the point?
I'm not lying you stupid shit

>you still have to slide where you need to slide
but thats all fucking scripted

>grappling hook
there aren't even physics here, the swings are scripted as well.

>360 degree angle
a full circle is not an angle
>jump at the right moment
you can't fuck this up unless you press Circle, the game scripts you to land in the platform regardless of your inertia
>>
File: 1453823317509.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1453823317509.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>337393596
>Every game must be a 200 hour RPG
>>
>>337392961
>12 year old cant comprehend disposable income
i almost would pity you, if you werent such a nigger
>>
>>337389206
I don't know why you bother posting this here. I learned long ago not to defend my opinion against the fags of the internet. They're retarded and belligerent, they love to hear themselves spout bullshit all day.

It was a good game. Very pretty, fun gameplay. I like the other entries as well.

People here on /v/ (and elsewhere) on love to shit on stuff. Doesn't matter what. As long as they can start a fight or upset someone.

So fuck all you niggers t(-_-t)
>>
>>337393760
>its totally worth the 60 dollars!
>even though other games of similar caliber offer way more content and last way longer
>>
>>337389076

>love me some Indiana Jones and since I recently got a ps4, think fuck it and get the collection to try them out before getting 4
>1 is fucking terrible

Does it get better in the next game? Besides Drake being a psychotic fuckwit, the platforming either seems incredibly brilliant or damn near impossible to distinguish from background scenery
>>
File: smugg.jpg (48 KB, 599x389) Image search: [Google]
smugg.jpg
48 KB, 599x389
>>337393571
>>
>>337393801
>i cant win an argument so why bother having an opinion!
you're sitting here defending your brainwashed "cinematic 30 fps" console standard. shut the fuck up and grow a pair
>>
>>337389076
>singleplayer is 30
>multiplayer is 60
shouldn't it be the other way around?
>>
>>337393546
You say "formulate your own opinion!" but what you mean is "adopt the opinion of ME, someone who hasn't played the game and does not own a PS4!"

I have my own opinion, it's a fun game and I do not regret the purchase at all.
>>
>>337393842
Ya 1 is easily the worst. 2 is the best in the original 3.
>>
>>337393760
>>337393664
12 hours of gameplay is literally only worth, at absolute maximum, $10.

Shitty AAA production and scripted cutscenes and copy-paste gameplay don't make something worth more money.

Again, this must be what it's like owning a console. You refuse to have standards or criticize the people who shit out your games, because it's all you have in life.
>>
>>337393954
Why is it so blurry?
>>
>>337393709
You are wasting time. You are talking with a literal retarded sonygger of the highest caliber
>>
>>337389076
Why are you appealing to /v/? They're going to shitpost no matter what. Stop caring. Enjoy your game. Fuck off.
>>
>>337393985
yet you'll drool over shitty kikestarter games and Nvidia tech demos

drop the superiority complex, many of you pkeks are just as bad
>>
File: 2016-01-25_08-05-06.jpg (96 KB, 443x443) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-25_08-05-06.jpg
96 KB, 443x443
>>337393784
>He's a wagecuck
>>
>>337393972

Is it worth skipping then?
>>
>>337393919
See? Just love shitting on anything and everything. Just let people enjoy there stuff man.

I choose not to argue because I don't want sit here making angry conversation with the equivalent of a pile of bricks.

You won't listen. So why should I try to make you?
>>
File: 1461535447475.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1461535447475.gif
2 MB, 540x540
I'll play Uncharted 4 once it hits Greatest Hit status.

The series is decent but really forgetable. I can vaguely remember a few scenes from each game and those were usually because they put so much effort in establishing the shot. Like the hanging traincars in 2 and when Drake was hanging upside down in the boat in 3.

But beyond that, it was generally standard fare third person shooting and sometimes I had to jump away from a grenade indicator. It felt like Gears of War with a moderately more mobile character.
>>
I watched all the Uncharted movies on youtube.
>>
>>337393985
games should be costing around 80-85 dollars due to inflation by now, but they dont. 60 is pretty reasonable for how much work goes into games nowadays.
>>
>>337394013
It's not, get a better monitor. I know you probably use a shitty acer TN panel you got for $100 on ebay but it may be time to upgrade.
>>
I just played Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Everything about it is identical to Uncharted, and it lasted about 30 hours for me to complete everything in the game, and that was only because it's sort of an open-ish zone "find everything hidden" type game. It wasn't worth the $25 I paid for it, CERTAINLY not worth the $60 Steam wants.

For a streamlined corridor shooter cinematic scripted game that lasts less than half of that? I can't imagine anyone choosing to pay full AAA price and not being an inbred fanboy. Really, guys? $60 fucking dollars for 10 or so hours of on-rails gameplay? Fucking christ, where is your dignity?
>>
>>337393596
Name me a third person shooter longer than 8 hours. Do you think Vanquish (4-5 hour game) is worth 60 euro? Max Payne 1 and 2 (5-6 hour games)?

>>337393709
Sigh. It's very obvious you haven't played the game. Sliding isn't scripted. You jump on a slope and you slide, it's that easy. In a lot of platforming sections you have to slide towards something otherwise you fail.

And the game has best grappling hook physics in any game you retard. The line actually is physical and lines up with the model you are trying to attach it to. At least watch some videos if you havent played the game.

>>337393842
Yes, 1 is awful. 2 and 4 are amazing. 3 is pretty good.

>>337393985
You are literally a teenager who plays video games all day and wants to have 100 hour of bloated boring shit like Metal Gear Solid V or any other open world generic third person crapfest. So it's obviously you who doesn't have a "life".
>>
>>337394237
nigger unlike you i actually enjoy vidya and play it everyday
i have this thing called standards, something youve clearly given up on a long time ago
>>
>>337394249
yeah i felt the same way, only really played the first one but 4 actually looks bretty gud
>>
>>337394303
>not posting best area
>>
>>337393954
Uhh what? Where did I say that you should adopt my opinion of the game?

Not only are you putting words into my mouth, but your reading comprehension is nil.

I don't care what your opinion is of the game. And I'm not even the anons you're trying to argue with. In fact, I think Uncharted 4 is better than 3, which puts it firmly on second place behind 2.

Then again, you're fucking retarded and only want people to agree with you, so I won't bother.
>>
>>337394113
>>yet you'll drool over shitty kikestarter games and Nvidia tech demos
I noticed you didn't provide the names of any games I supposedly "drool" over. Care to make any guesses, or are you just going to pretend that was a sick burn?

>many of you pkeks are just as bad
So you admit you're a retarded fanboy paying way too much for nothing just because it's all you have to feel like you are worth something. Ok.
>>
>>337394249
Don't judge the current game based on its last gen predecessors, so much has changed and improved on a technical and visual level. At least you said you'd buy it and not rent it like the other person though.
>>
>>337394249
> decent but forgettable

Here is a based anon. The game is fun, by nothing great. Why is everyone so angry people enjoy something?

All these angry nerds making my head spin.
>>
>>337393842
>damn near impossible to distinguish from background scenery
It's literally painted white where you have to jump/go.
>>
>>337394303
I use a 1440p 25'' ASUS IPS monitor

don't even tell me "its not blurry, your monitor is shit" When in reality that has nothing to do with your picture anyway.

You didn't even answer my question, there is tons of blur in this image for far away objects like theres no fucking sharpness at all, its almost like they used fucktons of FXAA to cover up the garbage
>>
>>337394297
>is pretty reasonable for how much work goes into games nowadays.

ITS AN ON-RAILS SHOOTER/PLATFORMER WITH 50% OF THE GAME BEING CUTSCENES
>>
>>337394373
>Uses nigger unironically
>Says he plays games
>Shitposting a game he can't even afford
>>
>>337394373
>standards over fun
Yeah you can call me dumb all you want but having fun with a "shit" game doesnt have many downsides.
>>
>>337394536
But it's not.
>>
>>337393815
I'd rather have a game not waste my time. Playing MGSV right now and I fucking hate it and wish it was more like 1-3.
>>
>>337394318
>Sigh.

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>337394373
Now were getting into pointless argument territory.

You've said your peace, I've said mine. I refuse to take this any further.

Thank you for the input. Have a nice day.
>>
>>337394517
k, sure
>>
File: fedora-guy-meme.jpg (30 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
fedora-guy-meme.jpg
30 KB, 479x720
>>337394373
>i have this thing called standards, something youve clearly given up on a long time ago
>>
>>337394318
>100 hour of bloated boring shit like Metal Gear Solid V or any other open world generic third person crapfest.
>any other open world generic third person crapfest.
>generic third person crapfest

So, Uncharted?
>>
>>337394230
Sure.
>>
>>337394517
>he bought a rejected LG panel in a chink monitor
loving every laugh

>why are objects far from the camera less detailed than objects close to the camera
gee I don't know
>>
>>337394303
not him, but thats console textures, they are very low res,
same shit happened with GTA5 when it was on ps3 first, the shitty textures were as blurry as that, its a cheap trick to try to make high poly models not run at a slideshow

you're too much of a retarded plebs to understand this though, so "its not blurry lol! XD"

also, doesnt really help uncharted, because they spent most of their hardware bandwidth on shitty things like post processing, when most basic things int he game look like complete shit up close, but plebs like you fall for beer goggle effects, because you're just that fucking much of a pleb
>>
>>337394728
>>100 hour of bloated boring shit like Metal Gear Solid V or any other open world generic third person crapfest.
>>any other open world generic third person crapfest.
>>generic third person crapfest
>So, Uncharted?

Hey, I'll take scripted 10 hours of exciting encounters over 100 hour "pick this up" quests any day.
>>
>>337394498

>it's literally painted white

Bull fucking shit. I've spent too long differentiating between different shades of brown to let that one slide
>>
>>337394536
I dont think you understood my post. I said the work being put into games, plural. Even though I do like uncharted 4 despite criticisms of people who havent played/dont prefer this type of game. If I dont like a game I dont go to the people who like it and tell them why their preference is wrong. I just avoid it.
>>
>>337394849
>your IPS display doesn't count because I said so

its still an IPS display and the color accuracy is superior
>>
>>337393854
>ebin reaction images with edited filenames
>not even denying he's from reddit
>defending cinematic experiences
You are definitely the cancer killing /v/. This should be a bannable offense.
>>
File: 1463041098091.webm (2 MB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
1463041098091.webm
2 MB, 940x529
>>
>>337394313

>I just played Rise of the Tomb Raider

So you know nothing about Uncharted 4, awesome to know.

I mean I get why you use this game as your frame of reference but Uncharted 4 isn't some annual multiplat like TR is, there is so much more detail and work and technology in Uncharted 4 and that fleshes out the game and gives you a top notch experience throughout. You don't get that in tomb raider, you get an average multiplat AAA experience, no attention to detial, voice work or story, uninspired environments in which the biggest thing you've seemed to have taken home is that they're big enough to extend game time within the world rather than the quality of those environments and level design. Quantity doesn't equal quality friend and I think it's high time you realized it.

Stop comparing Uncharted to your generic AAA's because you'll just get it wrong every time. I'm 10 hours in and I have around 4 to 5 hours of game left, if the game could offer me 20 but take a massive hit on the quality of the world, story, characters and level design I wouldn't agree to it but people like you would because the generic ''woe is me'' Tomb Raider experience seems to be your thing.
>>
File: wink.png (262 KB, 497x302) Image search: [Google]
wink.png
262 KB, 497x302
>>337394978
you wouldnt hit a woman would you?
>>
>>337394876
>different shades of brown
Maybe you have the "next gen" filter on. Fuck, all these years later and it still makes me laugh. God, I love these games.
>>
>>337394871
>10 hours of exciting encounters

Can we get a poll going? Was there ever an "exciting" moment in Uncharted at all? I mean, woo hoo, you get explosions and scripted scenes of hanging off trains and shit. But we all know there's no input outside an occasional QTE, so you and I both agree that nothing in the game was ever "exciting".

Unless, you know, you're the kind of person who thinks Michael Bay Transformers is a quality piece of entertainment.
>>
>>337394424
That's not the best area though
>>
>>337389076
>>337389206
>Hollywood blockbuster: The Game
If this is a good game then Michael Bay makes good films.
>>
>>337395258
>there's no input outside an occasional QTE
nice meme
>>
Why does the water look so bad in U4?
It looks worse than inGTAV, AC4 or even Uncharted 3 in some cases
>>
>>337395280
This area is fucking awesome
>>
>>337394303
>>337394424
>>337394849

>Low rez textures
>Baked lighting
>Motion blur

Kill 8th gen consoles immediately.
>>
>>337395128
>but Uncharted 4 isn't some annual multiplat like TR is

LOLWHAT

>and gives you a top notch experience throughout.
>the quality of those environments and level design.

Oh, this is a good bait post. You should save it and repost it.
>>
>>337395283
pain and gain was good fag
>>
>>337395258
Why do you argue about games you haven't played? What do you consider input?

THE POINT of Uncharted games is that you are always in control.

>Building colapsing? You are in control and can move and shoot as you would normally. Wild truck chase? Feel free to jump out of the car to another one or truck, shoot and fight as you would in the main game

It's like saying Shadow of the Colossus is simply a QTE. No, you keep your original control scheme throughout the games.

Even shitty fighting things you see on webms? Triangle is block, square is punch, and it remains so in those more scripted fights (it just displays button for some reason).
>>
>>337395442
>motion blur
wut
>>
Nadine's boss fights were the best parts.
>>
File: golden_laugh.jpg (101 KB, 958x1061) Image search: [Google]
golden_laugh.jpg
101 KB, 958x1061
>>337389343
>not a big deal
>>
>>337395503
>THE POINT of Uncharted games is that you are always in control.
I see that, clearly >>337394978
Complete control.
>>
>>337394723
>LE CANT RETORT TO HAVING STANDARDS, BECAUSE IVE BEEN SUCKING A CONSOLE TURD FOR YEARS NOW
>>337394587
>ITS FUN! XD!!!
you've officially given up attempts to argue now

this is why you made another shitty thread, i fucking destroyed you to the point of you resorting shitty reaction pics with green text because youve literally fucking nothing but a shitty overpriced console when you should have bought a PC
>janitor cant respond
>spams reddit tier posts with greentext and reaction img
>flags my respond to calling out his shit posts
>i get warnned

mmhmm,. we all know who lost the argument long ago

you're a cuck and a pleb. deal with it and move on with your life, you little bitch. imma go play rainbow 6 siege on PC because its a GOOD GAME. you have fun with your "cinematic console experience" at 25 fps slide show of waist high walls every 5 feet because
>LULZ WHY BOTHER MAKING GOOD GAMEPLAY WHEN YOU CAN MAKE IT A MOVIE INSTEAD
>>
>>337395483
I actually agree I was pleasantly surprised with it.

But the point still stands, Uncharted is about as close to a generic, safe summer blockbuster as you can get.
>>
>>337395630
You are pinned. Games block button is triangle. You need to push triangle to get out of the grip. Yes.
>>
File: 1463066241736.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463066241736.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
This literally looks better than every single Modern PC game.

Fact. Stop trying to damage control and shit up a game you've never played.
>>
File: 1458073998655.jpg (69 KB, 440x573) Image search: [Google]
1458073998655.jpg
69 KB, 440x573
>>337394442

The problem with that argument is that all the reviews, even the ones who gave it 10/10 and said it was incredibly emotional also brought up a negative that the cover system was "inconsistent".
>>
>>337395503
You can even turn the prompts off. I think on crushing they are off by default. Like BamHam essentially.
>>
File: yourpost.jpg (51 KB, 503x637) Image search: [Google]
yourpost.jpg
51 KB, 503x637
>>337394934
you too man, you too
>>
Yeah, it's a pretty good game, but don't be surprised that /v/ shits on it.

First, it's popular and /v/ gets off to being contrarian.

Second, it's made by Naughty Dog, and /v/ loves to shit on them for having lots of cutscenes despite sucking off Kojima at every opportunity.

Third, it's exclusive to a particular console, which is just makes it a prime target for shit posting.
>>
What's up with the over the top film grain?
>>
>>337395753
>You need to push triangle to get out of the grip. Yes.
Well, yeah, obviously.

It's not like you could possibly do anything else in that scenario, right? Just push the button that's on the screen. I swear it's not a QTE, because that's what the button does normally!
>>
>>337395838
this, /v/ has a higher concetrate of hipsters than tumblr
>>
>>337395838
>Second, it's made by Naughty Dog, and /v/ loves to shit on them for having lots of cutscenes despite sucking off Kojima at every opportunity.

Not even MGSV, but Witcher 3, the cucks adore that game.
>>
>>337395675
>>ITS FUN! XD!!!
>>LE

wheres that chart with list of smart arguments and stupid arguments.
>>
>>337395838
I love how none of your points accept that maybe it's not actually a very good game. That can't possibly be it, right? Has to be contrarianism.
>>
>>337395928
He's right though.

It's the normal combat system, just more cinematic. The games have been doing it since the first one. Push you into a more cinematic fight, but it's always square = hit, triangle = counter and circle to get out of grab or something like that.
>>
File: didntread.gif (1 MB, 270x214) Image search: [Google]
didntread.gif
1 MB, 270x214
>>337395675
yeah man, you sure showed us
>>
>>337396054
He likes the game. He didnt say it was perfect.
>>
>>337395928
If you don't press buttons, how wikl you control the game?

Would you prefer mind control?
>>
>>337396260
I would prefer to not get pinned into the same qte every time
>>
>>337395928
Well... yeah. You need to push a specific button to block and specific one to attack, and specific one to reload, etc. That's how video games work.
>>
>>337396197
>it's always square = hit, triangle = counter and circle
circle is just to roll/descend. and if you shoot someone enough you can take them down with a running attack.
>>
>>337396391
Yeah, but wasn't it used in 3 against those big guys for melee combat? I can't remember.
>>
This game feels like it was made by multiple directors or something
>Act 1
Telltale presents: uncharted
>Act 2
What I wanted out of MGSV
>Act 3
Holy shit we've traveled all the way around the world in like 10 chapters how the fuck can you spend another ten in the smallest locale we visit? Just show me the goddamn plot twists.
>>
Really liked it, but the grain was disguting especially in darker scenes an the water looks weird, like 2 flat teture rubbing against each other. GTAV or Assasin's Creed 4 had way better look water
>>
>>337396260
Does that exact animation replay in every single instance of that fight? Does every player see that video of being pinned down and a button prompt?

If so, you don't have any control over the fight, it's completely scripted.
>>
>>337392839
>i don't even remember being forced into a QTE sequence
In Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Really?
>>
>>337396705
Doesnt that happen in most action games and stuff like Metal gear solid?
>>
File: 2868021-3479983550-igjwo.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2868021-3479983550-igjwo.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>337395778

Hi :^)
>>
>>337396883
B-but unity sucks so it doesn't count!
>>
>>337396883
>screenshots one of the most broken games in recent vidya to disprove his point
swing and a miss
>>
>>337396865
>b-but that game did it too
>>
>>337396883
>bitches about baked lighting
>proceeds to post a game that uses baked lighting
kek
>>
>>337396883
>pc game
>console port
>>
>>337397021
Well, why do you people shit on Uncharted but suck MGS, Devil May Cry, etc.?
>>
>>337397138
I don't
>>
>>337395778
>runs at sub 30fps
>looks better than any PC game
Most SNES games look better than Uncharted 4 solely by virtue of them running at 60fps.
>>
>>337396324
>>337396705

Good points. Would you like it better if there were more animations and deviations on fight qtes?

I think the qte is an interesting solution to immersion, when done well and in the right dose. How else can the issue be solved? Greater moveset?
>>
>>337395778
Nothing impressive here, just a lot of pasted foliage to hide poor rocks geometry
>>
>>337396883
WHY DID THEY HAVE TO FUCKING FUCK IT UP REEEEEEEEEEE WHY IS IT SO SHIT GOD FUCKING DAMMIT FUCK YOU UBIFUCKS
>>
>>337396865
I think it's the prompt that triggers them.

Can you still turn them off in 4?
>>
>>337396883
>faces and facial animation
>>
>>337393985
>12 hours of gameplay is literally only worth, at absolute maximum, $10.
Holy fucking entitlement nigger, have you ever even had a job?
>>
Just finished it. Overall it was what I expect out of an Uncharted game. I thought it had a larger amount of bullshit gunfights than 2 and 3. It reminded me of some of 1 and some of its very annoying ones in that regard. And while the graphics are better, I think the setpieces are a step down from 2 and 3 as well.

Anyway, despite that I enjoyed it. The ending was a nice send-off for the series.
>>
File: tru_2012_01_27_17_22_5fuge.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tru_2012_01_27_17_22_5fuge.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Hai
>>
It triggers pc and xboners. I'm honestly jealous because as an Xbox user we have fuck all for exclusives
>>
File: lakerathe-aviak.jpg (169 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
lakerathe-aviak.jpg
169 KB, 1024x749
I am almost 12 hours in and it is only on chapter 12. Taking my time, this board is full of autistic try hard faggots who hate everything. Enjoying it very much good post OP.
>>
>>337397553
yeah, i own a ps4 and i feel that there should be more going on for xbox,
>>
>>337397525
what's the ending? too lazy to google
>>
>>337397373
Yeah.
>>
File: 26778322971_0c0b585d63_o.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
26778322971_0c0b585d63_o.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
Hi Hi
>>
>>337397671
Case closed then. A thing less to get upset about.
>>
>>337397553
>>337397643
PS4 and 360 owner here. I was legit angry at Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I didn't expect it to be Uncharted but I didn't expect it to be so much worse than the original reboot. Almost bought a bone a couple a few weeks ago too until I saw how shit QB was.
>>
>>337397525
Nothing can be more bs than the ship graveyard with that horrible UC3 aiming that they changed to for no reason.
>>
>>337397636
I'm at 11 hrs on 13 so about the same.

I like to treasure hunt and look at stuff. I have a feeling you do too which is how the game is meant to be played.

Fucking ADD generation man..
>>
Nice to see that foliage physics finally caught up with crysis
>>
>>337389076
>Uncharted games
>good

Boy I sure do like cinematic action and QTEs!
>>
>>337398018
That part was quite easy desu.
>>
>>337390351
The game is 60 dollars and gives you at most 12 hours of fun. Totally not worth it. It's one of those games you could get free on PS+ and then forget about it. The online is irrelevant just like the rest of the series.
>>
Anyone else trying to stealth their way through all encounters? It's much more fun than actually getting into gunfights.
>>
>>337398081
>likes qtes

Then you won't enjoy UC much.
>>
>>337398081
Oddly enough there were barely any QTEs in the series at all with the exception of the first three chapters of this game.
>>
>>337397864
I've got both PS4 and Xbone, Rise of the Tomb Raider is okay but Uncharted 4 is noticeably better.
>>
>>337398175
Yeah, it also helps that enemies don't directly go into full rambo mode as soon as they see you for a second like in the previous games
>>
>>337398195
>>337398249
>the last boss is QTE

kek
>>
Was Nadine a SJW power fantasy?

>strong black womyn
>beats the shit out of white cishet Nate
>then beats the shit out of white cishets Nate and Sam
>walks away cool at the end never having suffered defeat
>>
>>337398093
Fuck off, that part was complete bs and you know it. Unless you played it after they patched the retarded controls.
>>
File: 26631192982_a5c2014585_o.jpg (3 MB, 3440x1440) Image search: [Google]
26631192982_a5c2014585_o.jpg
3 MB, 3440x1440
>>337397023

>Game that has full GI and open world looks better on PC than Uncharted 4

lel
>>
>>337398360
First time I played it was the PS4 remaster. Were the controls changed in that? If so, my apologies.
>>
>>337398046

Yep same here bro. I thought I found all the treasures in chapter 12 the at sea chapter, found like 7/16 hah FML.
>>
>>337398274
I hated how it just fucking forgot about the cast of characters from TR. Like she literally leaves Jonah for dead for about 7 hours of gameplay and completely forgets about him. The back in forth between characters is what makes games like TR and really all the Uncharted games fun.

Rise is just Lara, by herself and her flashbacks, being a self absorbed cunt through the entire game. The new Lara isn't particularly interesting on her own anyway right now and the 10 hour "I am all that matters" fest that was Rise managed to make her unlikeable to me.
>>
>>337398448
No, the only one they changed the controls on was 1 (good riddance, the original ones were shit.)

He just needs to git gud.
>>
>>337390518
Yeah that's a much better defense
>>
>>337398448
Obviously. Everyone hated the controls in 3 so they had to patch them to be more like 2.

It was hard as fuck to aim when you were standing still and/or in cover let alone in the moving water.
>>
>>337398691
yep lol, Jonah just vanishes and then finally re-appears really late in the game, like he was supposedly following her somehow into the wilderness, yeah right
>>337398410
Unity does not have global illumination on any platform, just because your screenshot has godrays doesn't mean it's using global illumination.
>>
>>337398945
They patched the PS3 version you retard
>>
>>337399103
Yeah, like 3 hours after release.
>>
You know, it never bothered me at any other point in the series, even in 4, but I was genuinely getting vertigo and feeling uncomfortable when you scaled the clock tower in Madagascar.
>>
File: 1408891437626.png (67 KB, 449x1197) Image search: [Google]
1408891437626.png
67 KB, 449x1197
>>337399059

>Posts more baked static lighting

lel

AC Unity at least uses prebaked GI instead of real time. Compared to UC4 which has no GI at all. Or no texture filtering at all looking at your screenshot

>8th gen consoles
>>
>>337398945
>>337399103
Not sure what you guys are arguing about but Uncharted 3 at launch had weird input lag issues that were somewhat improved with a patch. Never was as good as Uncharted 2 but it was an improvement.
>>
>Get to epilogue
>Controlling some sexy girl

Seems like a strong finish to be honest
>>
File: dumb nigger memes.png (1 MB, 2414x1328) Image search: [Google]
dumb nigger memes.png
1 MB, 2414x1328
>>337389076
>>
>>337399224
Try a month or so.
>>
>>337399059
>Jonah just vanishes and then finally re-appears really late in the game
Maybe I'm misremembering things but I'm almost positive her last line to him before she completely bails on him is "stay there, I'll come back for you."

And...she completely forgets he exists and never even bothers.
>>
>>337389076
BEST GRAPHIC
> on console
BEST CINEMATIC GAMEPLAY
> on console
BEST GAMEPLAY
> press x
INTENSE AND IMMERSIVE SHOOTING
> on console
EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE
> Press f to pay respect
STORY DRIVEN
> qta and cutscenes than press x gameplay
IMMERSIVE background GRAPHIC
> corridor shooter

Did you bought today your uncharted points?
>>
File: 1462431312691.webm (214 KB, 388x612) Image search: [Google]
1462431312691.webm
214 KB, 388x612
>>337399486
>hating on the ridiculous taunts

Come on now.
>>
>>337399392
>pre-baked global illumination
just stop anon, you're a retard. Uncharted 4 uses pre-baked global illumination as well, it's nothing special.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-uncharted-4-thiefs-end-tech-analysis
>>
Holy shit, how do you people not understand the difference between QTEs and context sensitive action? In every instance of a hand to hand struggle in the game, from the first fight in prison, to the last fight on the boat, triangle is to escape. If you saw the button, it means that you failed and it's reminding you how the game works.
>>
>>337399409
Uncharted 3 had a very different aiming style than 2 for example. A lot of people hated it so they patched in the option to change to the style of 2.
>>
>>337399647
>liking nigger memes

/v/ really is underage twitter fags
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (5).png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (5).png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>337399521
well the ice sheet does break and they become separated, but yeah it's dumb

I also had serious issues with aiming on the Xbox One, the game felt like it had tons of input lag so aiming kinda sucked. Thank god you can stealth basically the entire game because it would be really unfun to engage in firefights that way.

I bought Rise because I liked TR2013 and I wanted a reason to own the Xbone. I didn't regret it but it definitely was not as good as it could have been.
>>
Does using the auto aim prevent you from getting any trophies? I'm not asking because I want to use it but rather to know if they're even worth getting if any casual can do the same.
>>
>>337399486
What the fuck even is this, and why do only the nerdiest kids seem to think this is funny or cool?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-12-16-49-36.png (182 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-12-16-49-36.png
182 KB, 1024x768
why is our community is so fucking stupid?
>>
>>337400014
Probably not, but I doubt casuals would get through Crushing anyway. Crushing is actually pretty hard.
>>
>>337400182
Children
>>
>>337400251
I've never bothered too much with crushing in any Uncharted game either, the balance is just not that great
>>
>>337389076
I still prefer uncharted 2 over 4.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.