[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't it about time for a true Mario/Sonic collaboration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
Isn't it about time for a true Mario/Sonic collaboration game?

>Mario franchise games are clearly out of ideas
>Sega franchise games are clearly out of GOOD ideas.
>Nintendo is desperately trying to pander to nostalgiafags
>Highly doubt that anyone cares about the Olympics.

The character dynamics can leave room for a very creative platformer.. and one more experience where Sonic keeps his mouth shut.
>>
>mario and sonic RPG

heck yes
>>
>>337386995
>Implying nintendo is remotely at the same level pf shit than SEGA.
Wew.
>>
Sonic needs to die.
>>
>>337387332
Give them a few years.
>>
How would you make a platformer with both of them? Would you play as them at the same time, or would there just be multiple playable characters from both franchises?
>>
>>337387464
You have to be pretty retarded if you think nintendo will die after only a year of shitty games.
>>
>>337387332
They certainly are as far as quality is concerned.
>>
Combine neo nintendo with sonic team

Yeah, imagine that steaming pile of dog shit. That ship has done sailed and they didnt get on board.
>>
>>337387332
When was the last time a Mario game was noteworthy? Also, false greentext.
>>
>>337387782
>a few years.
I'll stop thinking it when Nintendo proves it can learn from its mistakes.
>>
>>337386995
Neither Mario or Sonic have had any good games, though
>>
>>337388192
This year is going to be a disaster for nintendo. But You know the NX is a thing, right? And with it the new Zelda(A game that already has more than enough nintendrones willing to buy it, no matter how shit it is).
We won't be seeing the death of nintendo in at least ten years, if it's two or so next consoles are pure shit.
>>
>>337388715
The nx will flop as well. Its over dude, nintendo is already starting to go third party
>>
>>337389485
>Being so convinced of the nintendoisdeadlol meme
Why do you think the Nx will flop?
I don't give a shit about nintendo, but it's obvius the Nx will be at least a decent console.
>>
Microsoft and Nintendo would be far more interesting
>>
>>337389834
>obvious

You literally know nothing about it.
>>
>>337386995
It would be about time, except nobody that would be involved with the production of such a game knows how the hell they could make it work. And apparently, Miyamoto doesn't like Mario games having stories more complex than "big monster captures pretty lady, beat up the monster and save the pretty lady", so that rules out an RPG.
>>
>>337390508
Im just trying to picture mario and co in a sonic story like adventure or unleashed. They would fucking shit themselves. A mario game with some drama would be interesting
>>
>>337390508
A puzzle based platformer wouldn't be too bad - with elements of Zelda and the creativity that the Lost Vikings had.
>>
>>337390082
I know nintendo is going to sacrifice this E3 for it.
I doubt they would do that for a shit release, don't you think?
>>
>>337387332
It's a gain for both. Sega gets a non-shit game, Mario gets a marketable gimmick for the next game, fanboys rejoice.
>>
>>337390910
Mario is a marketable gimmick by itself.
>>
Olympic games are pretty rad yo
>>
>>337386995
It's one of those crossovers that sounds good initially but falls apart when deeper thinking is involved.
Other examples being Pokemon X Digimon and Street Fighter X Mortal Kombat
>>
They use some pretty high quality models in the Olympics tho
>>
>>337391360
But neither of those sound good initially.
>>
>>337390757
It's the same pattern repeating itself, but Nintendo diehards keep overlooking it.
>Nintendo starts to prepare for the Wii's end of life.
>Transition to HD is more time-intensive and costly than they thought it would be.
>Wii software grinds to a halt
>Wii U sputters almost immediately after launch with terrible droughts
>It becomes obvious very early that Wii U is not going to right the ship, everything begins to shift to NX
>Wii U is essentially dead a little over 3 years after release
With the audience that major third parties want to sell to having almost completely migrated away from Nintendo consoles at this point, I don't really see how Nintendo fixes the situation on the NX.
>>
>>337389834
How. In what concivable way will another gimmick system sale? Nintendo fucked over their core by pandering for the casual crew, and now the casuals are done and over the gimmick console fad. No one trusts nintendo now. You see it everywhere, even in /v/ where nintendo was often times held as the lords of gaming even into the end of the wii cycle. Now even here people rip them a new asshole non stop. Nintendo fans hate neo nintendo, casuals dont care about them, kids see them as baby retard games, its over. Nothing they can do will save the NX unless they just manage to start making 10/10 games again, which they wont. Maybe if they got rid of that faggot miyamoto they could, but they wont.

Honestly reading the shit he does to his coworkers games behind their backs is just cancerous.

But anyways, zelda wont do shit for them. Zelda ised to be somethi g everyone looked forward to, but ever since the oure trash that was TP and SS, no one could care

Mario is as stale as its ever been
Zelda is shit
Metroid is reviced as a spin off to please no one and just rub salt in the wounds of metroid fans
Starfox zero is a rehash of a remake, which already had a remake, of the original, but with gimmicks out the ads and slowed gameplay
Yoshi is fucking awful boring trash ever since the original was 10/10
Wario games are awful
Mario party is awful
Countless ips are dead

What delusion do you hold to actually think they are gonna change things? The nx probably wont even be as strong as the ps4k

Its fucking sad but its the truth
>>
>Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
>Everyone comes down with Zika
>>
>>337386995
( sonic and ) mario
Is anyone else seeing this shit?
>>
>>337386995
The Olympic games actually sell very well.
>>
>>337391838
>Wario games are awful
Not disagreeing with you but Wario never had a bad game and it's a franchise that cannot be called stale like Mario with a straight face. At worst his games are not as good like master of disguise or gimmick stuff that was new when it first came out like touched and wario ware. If anything there's a lack of Wario games which is a shame because both the character and the gameplay are more interesting that Mario.
>>
>>337388173
Super Mario 3D World says Hi~! Of course you'll probably claim that this doesn't count.
>>
I dont know, the olympic games are actually some of the best party games out there. Im glad theyre still making those and the 3DS one sold good in japan too.
>>
File: takingitback.jpg (17 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
takingitback.jpg
17 KB, 200x300
>>337391838
>Wario games are awful
https://www.amazon.com/Game-Design-Companion-Critical-Analysis-ebook/dp/B00HZNS6JW
here's 769 pages about why you're completely wrong
>>
>>337392536
Excuse me, i meant the latest wario ware was awful
>>
>Clearly out of ideas

You can't say that since we haven't had a real Mario game in a while

3D World was 3 years ago and the newest 2D Mario is a game maker
>>
File: image.png (330 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
330 KB, 750x1334
>>337388173

3D World was literally considered the best next gen game of 2013

The game that came close was Battlefield 4 except it launched with bugs and it was cross gen so it's technically not a next gen game
>>
>>337388173

Half a year ago with Mario Maker

Fucking VGA considered it a nominee for GOTY even

And even before that 3D World was very positively recieved and also had a GOTY nomination from VGX
>>
>>337394065
You say I can't say that and then proceed to backing up exactly what I said.
>>
>>337393857

Game and Wario is extremely underrated though

It actually uses the gamepad in great ways and was fun

Warioware doesn't need to stick into the same formula
>>
>>337394450

How?

It takes a while to make a Mario game anon, they don't shit it out yearly
>>
File: image.png (526 KB, 544x371) Image search: [Google]
image.png
526 KB, 544x371
>>337394450

>They didn't make a game in 3 years they are clearly out of ideas

You fucking what anon
>>
>>337394678
Nsmb was an annual series for a while.
>>
>>337386995
No
>>
>>337386995
The problem is they don't really mesh well on a mechanical level.
It's why they resorted to party games in the first place.
>>
>>337386995
The obvious solution is to make a Mario Party game crossover

>Boards based on iconic locations from both franchises
>Multiple playable characters from both franchises
>Sega's music composers in charge of putting together god like remixes like the ones they did for the olympics games
>Not a platformer so you wouldn't have to worry about whether it would work or not
>As a multiplayer minigame compilation, it would still appeal to casual players
>Would most likely create more hype and excitement than a sixth olympics game would

Unless they're under some contract requiring them to make only olympics games, I have no idea why they haven't done this already.
>>
>>337390508
Why would you turn a Mario and Sonic game into an RPG? The two biggest platformer stars, and you make a game with the least engaging mechanics possible.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.