[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck were they thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: Gtavmapupdated.jpg (693 KB, 1784x2379) Image search: [Google]
Gtavmapupdated.jpg
693 KB, 1784x2379
what the fuck were they thinking
>>
>>337382047

Don't know. There was so fucking little to do on that map. Not even fucking collectables like San Andreas had. Zero incentive to explore or do anything outside the main mission.
>>
>>337382047
>a quarter of the map is a giant featureless moiuntain
baka
>>
>>337382258
>Not even fucking collectables like San Andreas had

letter scraps
spaceship parts
submarine parts
nuclear waste
stunt jumps
eplison tracts
under the bridge
knife flights

you have no clue on what your talking about
>>
>>337382258
what about all the people who are still roaming the island to this day searching for the whole chiliad rigmarole? Maybe you're just shit at exploring?
>>
File: 1460117788685.jpg (25 KB, 556x411) Image search: [Google]
1460117788685.jpg
25 KB, 556x411
WHY THE FUCK IS EVERY SETTING FOR GTA GAMES AN ISLAND OR ARCHIPELAGO
>>
>>337383610
because they don't know how to handle map edges other than putting infinite water there.
>>
>>337383610
>what is gta 3
>>
>>337382047
>Mount Josiah
>Mount Chiliad
>San Chianski Mountain Range
>Tataviam Mountains
>Palomino Highlands
Does anyone even go to these places? All they do is take up space.
>>
>>337383923
im pretty sure you have to go to some of these if you are doing a 100% completion run
>>
When the game first came out, the map felt huge with loads to explore, now it just feels boring
>>
>>337383923
>Mount Chiliad
That's where you go if you want to get millions of views on Youtube.
>>
>>337383183
Maybe they are still searching because there's absolutely fucking nothing to discover. It's literally
>mural serves as a compass when used on top of the GTA map
>roated and place it just right so that the symbols within it coincide with their locations in game
>you're lead to the Vinewood hills Planetarium which contains Epsilon symbolism
>if you read the Epsylon gibberish (their tracts) the description matches the mural symbols
>Epsilon was the easter egg all along because they apparently control the GTA Universe.

That's literally it, there's is no sekrit aliums spaceship hidding anywhere, it's just an easter egg that makes you wonder around in circles.
>>
>>337383826
it's either that or invisible walls

rdr had unclimbable hills but you can't do that in gta because of planes/helicopters
>>
I like the map, northern town could have been bigger along with a bigger forrest though
>>
>>337383089
Fucking anon blown the fuck out.
>>
>>337383854
A game you've never played?
>>
Gta 5 is absolute garbage and the map exemplifies that
>>
>>337382047
Is the city really as small as it looks? Never played GTAV, but I loved how sprawling Liberty City is in GTAIV.
>>
>>337384802
wrong.
>>
>>337383089
don't forget the peyote plants
>>
>>337383089
Fuck those underwater collecting missions. Long and tedious with no payout. It was atmospheric for the first 2 dives then it was underwater hell.
>>
>>337384923
the city is a little smaller than LC in GTA IV. The layout of LC makes it seem a lot bigger (divided into multiple segments with only a couple bridgse between them)
>>
>>337383089
All of which have shit rewards
>>
>>337384923
The verticality definitely helps IV make the city feel bigger
>>
>>337385219
nice backpedaling
>>
>>337385219
goalpost landspeed record has officially been broken

how about you list the rewards for previous games' collectables and we see how stupid you really are
>>
>>337382047
Leonardo
>>
>>337385219
All of the games had shit rewards for collectibles. Like fuck, I hated them in every game even though I always collected them for 100%.
>>
>>337384923
LC has definitely more interiors
http://www.gta4.net/map/
>>
Do custom soundtracks in V work the way they did in GTA on Xbox? Custom music was set to a radio channel, and if you got out of a vehicle, the song would continue "playing" without you hearing it, like the way a regular radio works. It also had a neat sound dulling effect if you were listening on a bike.
>>
>>337384932
Manhattan is an Island you retard.
>>
>>337383854
>he never got past the first island
>>
its a ninja turtle with a sword.
>>
>>337386141
So is your mom for that matter
>>
it's a cool and fun game. idiot
>>
>>337385972
>>337385367
>>337385101

The biggest issue it looks like is that the airport in GTAV seems to take up 1/6th if the city, that's a lot of lost space.
>>
>>337382047
I liked it, the map actually had some variety, also it would have really been stupid had Trevor lived in the same city as Michael.
>>
File: 1401828287694.jpg (13 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
1401828287694.jpg
13 KB, 208x208
I honestly do not get the hate GTA Vs map gets

>too little of it is the city
Only if you're a fucking imbecile who is measuring purely in area. Of course the fucking non-city areas of the map will be larger, part of the reason areas like the desert or Chiliad exist is specifically to be less dense than the city, which is designed the be as dense as possible. The city itself is still gigantic, and also immensely dense.

>there is only one city
Los Santos itself is huge, easily one of the biggest cities in the series and it has the most fluid and varied transitions between locales out of any city in the series. The districts in V's LS are vastly different in tone and design and have as much variety as the three cities in San Andreas had put together.

Would I like a second city in V? Hell yeah. Would Los Santos be as good as it is if there was another one? Almost certainly not.

>too much empty space
Empty space is an important part of open world map design, especially ones that offer you various mobility options such as vehicles. IV had almost no empty space and suffered IMMENSELY for it, and it's why so many players were always at the damn airport.

>San Andreas is more tightly designed and efficient
Which was impressive, and I loved it, but it was also done because of limitations, which V didn't have, and because of that we have V's Mt Chiliad which actually feels like a god damn mountain, all the way up. V has the most convincing sense of scale in the series, and for me that's fucking awesome.

The only complaint I have about Vs map is that the area east of the city seems wasted. As there's very little there but the landscape doesn't make for much of an interesting free roam location either (while the city, Mt Chiliad, the desert and so on all serve solid purposes to varying types of player).
>>
>>337384334
>no sekrit aliums spaceship hidding anywhere
have you been living under a rock for the past two years?
>>
>>337386326
Fuck off tripfaggot, I'm not reading all that.
>>
>>337386317
you inevitably spend a load of time there dicking around, it's actually a great size functionally. The immense size of the larger planes requires it, too
>>
>>337386326
i never understood what people have against empty space in open world games

the most fun i had in just cause 2 and fuel was driving everywhere and never using fast travel
>>
>>337386373
Of course everyone and their mothers knows about the LOD spaceships that appear near Mt Chilliad and Zancudo when certain time and weather conditions are met. Scripted Easter Eggs are dogshit and are found within the lines of code pretty easily.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.