[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how does /v/ feel about the whole poise thing since From says
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 4067205.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4067205.jpg
358 KB, 1920x1080
So how does /v/ feel about the whole poise thing since From says it's intentional? It feels different knowing that I can trade hits with someone in full Havels, but is it really as bad as everyone is saying it is?
>>
>>337379805
It's inconsequential. People just want to pick fault, it's a counter measure against giant dad type builds.
>>
Frankly, it's staggering.
That they would just come out and say a thing like that has me absolutely floored.
>>
Is there even a point to using heavy armor in this game besides damage reduction?
>>
>>337379805
It's retarded. From a PvP standpoint, the lack of functional poise means that little rolly poly dex shitters have even more of an advantage than they already did all because a few casuals couldn't adapt to tank builds.

For PvE, it makes my favorite type of build (fatass heavy knight) considerably less fun, and when the game tries to squander your build variety it ends up being a mediocre Souls title.
>>
>>337379805
I don't care that poise doesn't exist.

I do care that armour is balanced around it existing, and that there's a covenant reward ring that does absolutely nothing.
>>
>>337381597
Which one?
>>
>>337381732
Wolf Ring
>>
apparently the perseverance weapon art buff activates the poise stat and is affected by your poise value.
>>
>>337381784
Oh, my first interaction with that ring was the +2 version you find near Ludex Gundyr. I've tried it a few times and maybe I was placebo'd into thinking that it was doing something.
>>
>>337381946
It doesn't, since poise is outright disabled.
>>
>>337381790
Then can I just carry around caestus with me for the buff activation and play the game like I did in the past 2 installments, with heavy armor and an XBOXHUEG sword?
>>
>Use curved greatword against someone with an UGS
>We both 2-hand R1
>Neither of us stagger

Feels weird man. I can trade with UGS users and since my CGS swings faster, I can win those trades. Was DS2 like this at all?
>>
>>337381790
>>337382341
Not true, it just gives you a bit of poise that works. Your actual poise value doesn't affect it at all.
>>
>>337382341
the WA lasts about 2 seconds and is not affected by your poise value at all

also, caestus isn't the only weapon that has it.

there are viable weapons with Perseverance like the mace, red hilted halberd and black k***ht sword
>>
Since poise doesn't work, what kind of builds have the upper hand?
>>
>>337382351

About halfway through a great weapon animation you don't stagger
>>
>>337382854

Light rollers with quick poke weapons, as a hit with one of those will stagger 2 times in a row no matter what (you can roll away after the 2nd stagger).
>>
>>337382854
if they don't have a shield, washing pole running r1s will cut through space and time to hit your opponent wherever they are

but shields do exist so...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwzK_TZZgUE
>>
>>337382952
So then is there any reason to use UGS over CGS besides range if I can just hyper armor through almost any melee attack?
>>
>>337381478
>From a PvP standpoint
>not a pvp standpoint, but just some stupid one-sided opinion

Just because you like to play as a static fat fuck who isn't fazed by anything doesn't mean it's good gameplay. Noone cares to spend 20 mins whittling down a Havelmonster who just poises through everything you throw at him. From's solution might be shit, but compared to your understanding of good PvP it almost looks patrician.
>>
>>337380985
>staggering
frankly we're all staggered
>>
File: 1462976821959.jpg (315 KB, 1000x1459) Image search: [Google]
1462976821959.jpg
315 KB, 1000x1459
>>337379805
It's a non issue, hyperarmor is all you need to make slow weapons viable.
Poise was just another ADP, no thoughts put behind, you just need X amount to even be allowed to play.

What's stupid is having items that increase poise, or maybe it doesn't work that way and we haven't figured it out yet.
>>
>>337383775
Better than clenching down a meta of light rollers with butterknives and making essentially every PvP build the exact same since all magic has been made non-viable as well.

Go kek yourself, dex shitter.
>>
>>337384520
Not that guy, but I just swing my heavy weapon right as the longsword shitters do, and stunlock them for half of their health while I only lose a small bit. I'm having fun.
>>
>>337384520
dex characters can wear heavier armor because their weapons are lighter

you're fucking retarded
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.