[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, started Half Life 2 out of boredom and I'm wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: half life.jpg (22 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
half life.jpg
22 KB, 460x215
So, started Half Life 2 out of boredom and I'm wondering why it gets so much praise. The levels are fucking boring besides the part where you get out of the train and throw a can at a soldier. The gameplay is weak, the guns feel as if there's no weight to them, and the levels so far are dull with overly dragged out racing segments.

When does this get good?
>>
It doesn't. It's from a different era, and all of its praise stems from that (or it's modability)
>>
>>337375559
It's from 2004. You would not understand. Some games don't age as well as others and HL2 is a good example of one.
>>
It hasn't aged well, this is true. People remember it fondly because when it came out, it was one of the first cinematic games, with how characters talked and interacted with you. How there were no cutscenes, though all the talking scenes served the same purpose. The gameplay suffers from having not enough enemy variety as well as dumbed down AI from Half Life 1.
>>
>>337375559
You're playing it in 2016 with 2016 expectations. What did you expect?
>>
>>337375559
You WILL be disappointed if you expect a perfect game.

I played it for the first time in 2013, and I must say, that I really enjoyed the almost decade old game. Mostly it's the little things. If actually focus on the game, then it should be a great experience.

How old are you?
>>
>>337375559
>the guns feel as if there's no weight to them
well pick up heavier things and throw it at the crab heads then
>>
>>337375559
I played it for the first time in 2008 having only played hl1 plus expansions for the first time in 2006 (with the HD mod)

gotta say I loved both right off the bat and I have massive nostalgia for both series of games.
>>
>>337376364
I'd say it's even better with 2016 expectations if you're not a casual
>>
The game is a lot more fun if you put it on Hard.
>>
We need more ferms and 3d vaginas.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.