[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they remove the " sorry " emote from hearthstone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: rogue.jpg (16 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
rogue.jpg
16 KB, 300x168
Why did they remove the " sorry " emote from hearthstone?

Also, why am I shit? I keep getting full hands of spell cards, but when I try to stack monsters I lack the forward momentum to take them out before turn 10.
>>
Because it's pure BM. In fact all the emotes are BM. I always squelch as soon as the game starts but sometimes I'm too slow and I get some toxic emote in my face basically ruining the match for me. Wish you could just turn off emotes permanently.
>>
this is my shitty deck. I haven't looked at any guides and I don't know what ' miracle ' or ' tempo ' means.

I didn't look up a guide to a deck because I didn't want to have the same deck as every shitter who looked up the same website as me.

There are 3 cards cut off from my deck, wisp, backstab and deadly poison.
>>
What deck are you trying to run? Did you base it off of anything or did you just make it on the fly?

Also, I find it pretty hilarious when thrall says "that's amazing!"
>>
>>337370407
I legitimately never feel like i'm being insulted if they spam well played or hello. I get some of the other ones though. I feel like ' sorry ' was the only proper response to the opponents ' oops '
>>
File: 1442131961218.png (149 KB, 400x337) Image search: [Google]
1442131961218.png
149 KB, 400x337
>>337370407
>People actually get triggered by emotes
>>
>>337370417
just make an aggro shaman
>>
>>337370450
I've only tried to make up decks on the fly. Right now I'm going for a s4 agent / brewmaster combo early on for a bunch of 3's in battlecry to help me clear the board without needing to spend anything too big. I feel like you get a lot more reliability loading your deck with early weak cards that have good psynergy because if you load yourself with strong monsters you either wont draw them / hand gets clogged. I also keep running out of cards. I guess that's because I rely on spamming low costs?
>>
>>337370417
Run backstab. It's great for combos. Also there is no need for youthful brewmasters anymore.
>>
>>337370417

1) not enough draw

2) no win condition

3) not enough damage to rush, not enough healing/taunting to outlast

4) some suboptimal card choices (chillwind yeti instead of mechanical, perditions blade, etc etc)
>>
>>337370806
Sorry didn't see you said you had backstab
>>
>>337370669
What exactly is aggro / tempo / miracle? I can guess that aggro is probably just playing cards and keeping your advantage by just attacking / battlecrying instead of using card combos and buffs and stuff.

Tried shaman a couple times and bloodlust seems really strong but i'm a shitter so whatever.
>>
>>337370912
Mechanical Yeti isn't in standard anymore
>>
File: 1457361184316.jpg (9 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1457361184316.jpg
9 KB, 280x280
>>337370417
>rogue
>all these vanilla cards
>>
>>337370912
I really, really like perdition's blade because it seems to let me easily clear their board early if I can't draw the right minions to compete.

What are some viable win conditions without big rare cards? Something simple, reliable that I can mess around with.

I assume you mean find a badass card and build my deck around eventually drawing that card?

How viable are gnomish engineers for draw? I don't have a lot of options for draw besides sprint / engineers / that 2/4 gnome card that also draws.

I feel like if I'm letting the game get to the point to where I can safely spare a turn to field a sprint, i'm probably losing.
>>
>>337370407
One time someone said well played right before they killed me and I literally had a panic attack right there.

I'm in tears as I write this.
>>
>>337370941
aggro : you try to end the game fast with hard hitting minions, focus the face

tempo : you keep control on the board with strong minions and removal

miracle : bullshit combo that basically lets you deal absurd damage in one turn

I'm hardly a hearthstone pro but I think that's probably what it is.

Try running a zoo warlock (zoo : flood the board with as many low manacost minions as possible)
>>
>>337370941

aggro is spam the board with 1 + 2 cost minions

tempo is a traditional deck which tries to play one minion per turn ramping up slowly into playing big 7,8 or 9 drops

miracle is doing nothing for 15 turns except healing and removal, before coming back and winning in one fantastic turn
>>
>>337370417
This deck hurts to look at. Shitty five drops, no legendary synergy. 4brewnasters no shadow step. Combo deck with no attack spells, not even a backstab. I'm no net decker but even I can tell zoo and thin decks will shit all over this set up. You can find better success just creating a counter to the other deck you keep losing to.
>>
>>337370407
>>337371241
I'm not sure whether you guys are serious but if you are, I sort of feel sorry people can be so sensitive and I may have accidentally made some people feel bad with what I thought was light banter.
>>
>>337370450
That's IN CRE DI BLE
>>
>>337370282
It simply was too upsetting for Blizzard's new target audience
>>
>>337371482
SPEEEEC TACULAR
>>
>>337371189
Loot hoarder is a good draw that's cheap and fits into your mana curve easily
>>
>>337371242
I honestly dislike the idea of zoo because there's so many board clears / dispels in the game. Even with my shitty deck I come across some equally shitter warlock that fields 8 2/2 minions in 2 turns and I think " I think I'm being zoo'd " and dump some spells and it's k. Maybe it's just a shitty zoo?

I think tempo is how I want to play, but I keep messing myself up by having some mixed tempo / miracle ideology. I want to have decent control of the first few turns then just dump my cheap shit in combos and end up doing 8-10 damage in spells then having my early control let me finish the enemy off.

I have a hard time balancing spells / low cost / high cost minions. Is there some favorable ratio,

ie: 1/3rd of your cards being opener cards, 1/6th being spells, another 1/6th being big minions, and the last third on mid board-securing cards?

I've been playing for a couple weeks now trying to just play with all the toys available to me but I don't seem to be getting any further.
>>
>>337371241
Saying well played at the end isn't a taunt it's a gg.
>>
File: 1412554159323.png (383 KB, 574x436) Image search: [Google]
1412554159323.png
383 KB, 574x436
>>337370282
>blizz remove sorry emotes because they feel too BM-y
>replace them with even more sarcastic and utterly shiteating quotes like "That's incredible!"
>>
>>337370407

i really really hope this is a troll
>>
>>337371637
>Even with my shitty deck I come across some equally shitter warlock that fields 8 2/2 minions in 2 turns and I think " I think I'm being zoo'd " and dump some spells and it's k. Maybe it's just a shitty zoo?
Yeah that's probably it. A good zoo typically wins the game turn 4 unless he gets hard countered. At least the games are fast.

If you want I can help you set up a basic tempo deck that works at least half the time, do you have some contact info?
>>
>>337371449
You should be sorry you shitlord. People have committed suicide because of a well-placed 'incredible'. Weaponized emotes are cyberbullying and it's a real problem.

No we aren't serious.
>>
>>337371706
>not saying gg once you're slightly ahead
>>
>>337370417
Quit now, unless you plan on giving blizzard all of your shekels
>>
>>337371809
Some people are legit afraid of playing against other people, I recall that particular fellow who would only play Dota against bots because he was terrified to play with/against humans.
>>
File: 1449081047980.png (35 KB, 675x827) Image search: [Google]
1449081047980.png
35 KB, 675x827
>>337371809

THIS. One time i was playing Dota 2, and i died and someone wrote "?" in all chat, i literally broke down and had to talk to my safe space friends on tumblr.
>>
>>337371706
Saying gg is 100% BM. Possible exception would be if you're playing someone you know but even then it's probably toxic.
>>
The fuck is BM?
>>
>>337372085
Bad Manner, taunting/banter.
>>
>>337371979
Sometime a gg is just a gg. Next your going to say a turn one hello is bm. I literally use two emotes every game, on the first and last turn no matter who wins.
>>
>>337371706
>just short of lethal with board
>don't have it in hand
>Well Played!
>They concede
It's amazing how often that happens.
>>
>>337372423
>Next your going to say a turn one hello is bm.
You're saying it's not?
>>
>>337371794
>>337371979
>>337372085
i'm op and i have too much social anxiety to add the anon offering to help me.

I just disenchanted a bunch of cards for classes I don't play and I have 780 dust

What are some cards that are direct upgrades that I can buy / use for combos to take me off the ground floor of just the vanilla cards I have?
>>
>>337370417
Why the FUCK is everything so expensive? Why do you have minions without a single buff (shattered sun, argus, etc?)? Why do you have spells without a single spellpower (azure drake, mana addict, etc?)?
>>
>>337370282
just wait unitl they get rid of all chat on overwatch.
>>
>>337372626
azure drake
boulderfist ogre
sen'jin shieldmaster
earthen ring farseer
defender of argus
loot hoarder

Which class do you want to play?
>>
>>337372835
I just made two loot hoarders and am down to 700 dust. I have a boulderfist ogre, will look into the azure drake.

I like playing rogue.

>>337372679
because I'm a shitter. Looking into azure drake, and will consider replacing something for a shattered sun.

>>337372679

How should my mana curve look? A bunch of cheap monsters that I buff up?
>>
>>337373086
backstab
cold blood
sap
si:7 agent
1x assassinate
1x sprint

abusive sergeant
dark iron dwarf
flame juggler

When u build your deck you literally pick a bunch of spells and the cards that say "spell" in their deck. Or you pick a bunch of minions and then pick cards which say "+attack/+health/taunt" on them. It's the most basic synergy. The cards i suggested u do that.
>>
File: hsss.jpg (122 KB, 484x915) Image search: [Google]
hsss.jpg
122 KB, 484x915
Updated,

Replaced brewmasters with shadowstep ( thanks >>337371315 (I had completely forgotten that spell exists. ) Added a shattered sun clering and defender of argus to give some of my weaker cards some flexibility. Hoping to use the buffs / taunts to keep my cutpurses safe and get a big minion out early on. Or just more resources to work with.
>>
>>337373773
Drop the assassin's blade and add an extra deadly poison instead
>>
>>337373773
I keep forgetting to add the extra cards that get cut off. Nightblade and bladefist ogre
>>
How 2 have fun with any class for cheap
>craft 2 renounce darkness for warlock (800)
>fill deck with cheapest warlock cards that aren't anti demon
>build up a big hand, around 7 while dropping weenies every couple turns
>renounce that shit
>ex TRAOR dinary
>>
>>337373773
remove wisp, it's a waste of a card slot
>>
>>337374329

INFINITE VALUE
>>
>>337374329
Wisps can work with the combo synergy. Since zoo is popular now try replacing one shiv with a fan of knives so you can keep the draw too.
>>
Who else types "easy" after every win?
>>
>>337375189
I do it ironically when it obviously wasn't fucking easy at all (struggling for 20 minutes to breach highground or win due to a single massive play from a teammate/mistake from them)
>>
File: dat boi.gif (74 KB, 312x390) Image search: [Google]
dat boi.gif
74 KB, 312x390
Just want to close the thread saying thanks for everyone comin' out tonight, you've been a big help. Take care.
>>
>>337376964
Take care my friend!
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.