[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it be good? Is it worth the money? h-hype?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: ome.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ome.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
Will it be good?
Is it worth the money?

h-hype?
>>
>>337357646
It's Ubisoft padding game #1723 with setting so ridiculous it's impossible to take seriously.
>>
>>337357646
Was the first one good? No.
This one will not be any good either. In fact, it will probably be more generic and shit than the first because it's a sequel, and the dev team has no guidance to work off of beyond "Take this failed game and turn it into a viable series."
>>
>>337358067
First one was decent actually, just too short.
>>
>>337358223
>That horrible nerf gun gameplay
>Story with absolutely ridiculous premise that actually takes itself seriously
>Decent
>>
>>337358653
okay, at least that intro was decent
>>
Why did they get rid of China as the invading country?
>>
>>337358872
What? China never invaded usa in the first one.
>>
>>337358872
Why did they remove Tibet from Doctor Strange movie?
>>
>>337358872
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>337358993
>>337359015
>>337359152
Wasn't the original homefront supposed to have china instead of north korea invading the us.
>>
>>337358993
>>337359152
The story was originally supposed to feature China as the big bad.
>>
>>337357646
Played the beta, it was hella fun i was so fucking suprised cuz the first one was ass. So yeah i lre ordered it if its bad its bad watevr if its good ill be so happy, seriously had a blast with the beta
>>
>comes out Tuesday
>no new gameplay
>no reviews
>no presence or hype at all
It's semi-decent at the very best. Probably bad. Sorry OP.
>>
>>337357646
pick it up cheap in a year or 2 when you are bored.
wiki about the game and it got sold mid development, I would expect a buggy mess
>>
File: 1428505197559.jpg (32 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
1428505197559.jpg
32 KB, 288x339
>the people who made Timesplitters are forced to work on this
It's sincerely crazy how everything I love dies and everything I hate lives on. Some days I earnestly wonder if I'm in some sort of Jacob's Ladder situation where I actually died and went to Purgatory sometime around 2007 and I'm just not fully aware of it yet.
>>
It isn't the worst, sort of like a bad Deus Ex: HR. If you liked that, buy this on sale, if you didn't, give it a miss.
>>
>>337357646
>literally who: the game
>"hype"

do I smell a shill?
>>
>>337359257
>>337359278
They pussied out because "they would be banned from ever going to china" those communist loving motherfuckers.
>>
File: 1462950314251.png (129 KB, 314x278) Image search: [Google]
1462950314251.png
129 KB, 314x278
>North Korea
>Advanced Military
>America turning into some high-tech society due North Korea
What's even the fucking point by calling the enemy faction North Korea, why suspension of disbelief is being tested here heavily.
>>
>>337360341
I really hate o say it but DE: HR is way, way more complex. It's more like Far Cry.
>>
>>337360657
It's an alternate universe where North Korea became a superpower in the 90s and the US military got assfucked by nukes in the middle east, or some shit.
>>
>>337360657
>he doesn't know that north korea has pulled the moon close to earth in 2015 so everyone can travel to it on planes
>>
Don't know why anyone would be hyped for this. I got the first game in a bundle. It was like a kinda neat premise but the lamest calladooty clone gameplay. I mean it wasn't a terrible game, but it was definetly below average. And I'm sure this one will basically play like a reskin of far cry 3. Another dull open world collectathon with a bunch of empty space peppered with outposts. There'll be enemy patrols who wander an expanse of barren world geometry. You'll have some some kinda building you can go to for a map of a region. And you'll probably have a flare or a radio to call some resistance buddies who show up in seconds like they were hiding in a nearby shrub. Oh can't forget some pile of neato guns you gotta collect from special Koreans or some shit. I dunno.
>>
Let me guess

Only like 4 missions long and the online mode will be filled with wall shooters and people spamming tanks
>>
>>337361649
It's open world and (I think) co op only.
>>
The marketing has been mediocre but the game looks fun. We didn't really get a good open world shooter this year so this has the chance to really shine if it's half decent.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.