[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game really made me realize just how casual you all are.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Star Fox Zero.jpg (14 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox Zero.jpg
14 KB, 298x169
This game really made me realize just how casual you all are. Why can you not figure out simple controls?
>>
>>337354362
The controls aren't even the problem (even though they drag out the dogfights forever since you can't maneuver against Star Wolf).

It's the shit levels, the bad voice acting, the constant re-hashing, every level being all-range mode on a timer until an uninteresting, silent boss robot shows up, the re-used levels, and the completely botched routes.
>>
File: coo.jpg (167 KB, 1024x780) Image search: [Google]
coo.jpg
167 KB, 1024x780
they arn't intuitive, and once you ARE used to them it doesn't help much, third person aim is so fucking off and cockpit view? brace for getting wrecked by all the shit your new tunnel vision is forcing you to miss

but that's like, just my opinion after dropping it after like 7 stages though, man
>>
Finally, someone posts what I've been thinking since the first time I played this game. It literally took me about 5 minutes to get used to it.
Humanity should start using this game as a test to see who needs to be sterilized; whoever cannot figure out the controls in 15-20 min. should not be allowed to reproduce.
>>
>>337354696
Just like nintendorks should never reproduce oh wait they are already doing a fine job at it themselves
>>
File: oh snap.gif (1 MB, 322x242) Image search: [Google]
oh snap.gif
1 MB, 322x242
>>337354960
>>
It took you this long to realize /v/ is mostly casual morons?
>>
This game is so bad. But it's not only this one example. Everything else Nintendo does lately, the direction of the company over the last decade is just awful.
I honestly hope Nintendo goes bankrupt soon because as a fan, it's just painful to witness this misery.
>>
File: Starfox Command secret ending.jpg (43 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
Starfox Command secret ending.jpg
43 KB, 580x435
I've never seen so many people on /v/ felate such a mediocre waggle-fest of a game just to be contrarian to the gaming press at large.
>>
I don't understand the hate. It wasn't a masterpiece or anything, but it was about on par with 64.
>>
I think the game is great. Haven't had this much fun with Star Fox since 64.

I feel like everyone was expecting the Star Citizen of Star Fox. The controls are fine, just different. It's an alternate version of 64, and that's fine too. 64 is one of my top 3 games ever, and having a different way to play what is essentially the same game is very welcome.
>>
>>337356801
>what is essentially the same game
How?
Almost all of the content is different, even if it is the same story.
>>
>>337356969
I don't really get that complaint either. The game is entirely different from 64 besides the basic idea of 'stop Andross!'
>>
It's not even "getting use to it". A retard can get "use to it" in a half an hour. Its just not fun. That's why no one talked about this shitty fucking game a week after it launched.
>>
>>337354362
>Why can you not figure out simple controls?
It's not that they're hard. It's that they're shit.
>>
>>337357523
>>337357807
This game is the Kid Icarus Uprising of the Wii U. Some people find it fun and others don't. There is absolutely no logic in either side trying to claim they are factually correct. There is no right answer.
>>
>>337357523
>>337357807
Fuck off, Phil.
>>
>>337358121
At least Kid Icarus had multiplayer, an awesome selection of weapons, one of the best 3DS soundtracks, fun characters and great writing.

Star Fox Zero has nothing else going for it other than controls you can learn to tolerate.
>>
>>337359064
Zero has some some of the best levels and bosses of the series, the best scoring system of the series, and all-range mode is better than in 64.
>>
>>337354362
Simple controls do not make them good. Overcomplicating an already simple game design does not make it good. Forced gimmicks for the sake of justifying said gimmick do not make it good. It's Star Fox 64 minus the 64 with tacked on gyro shit because Miyamoto still isn't fired or shuffled off to a goddamn desk job.

This is of course not even getting into the fact the levels are shit and pulling off certain moves takes way more effort than is needed.
>>
>>337359871
OH WOW THE BEST SCORING SYSTEM, HOT DAMN BETTER DROP $60 ON THIS GEM BECAUSE IT CAN COUNT NUMBERS BETTER THAN OTHER GAMES

Also, the all-range mode is objectively shittier because every single one of them is just "dick around until the boss shows up", and even the ones that aren't were just gimmicks lifted from and done better in Star Fox 64.

also, best levels and bosses, fucking please. Every boss in 64 is ten times more creative and fun than Zero's, and you don't even have to contend with sub-par controls and a terrible camera system to fight them. Tell me you loved fighting that stupid double-headed bird twice in Zero, or doing that awful goddamn asteroid belt mission in Zero twice PLUS with that shitty boss fight.
>>
So how is the game itself? No I don't care if you had problems with the controls or not, I put zero stock in that shit.
>>
>>337360554
Fun, but short.
>>
>>337360554
Could use more stages and bosses. Otherwise it's fine. Be sure to play with headphones so you can hearc everything from one source.

I'd say 7/10 is fair on a non-retarded scale although Nintendo selling SFZ for $50 (not including Guard) pretty much means they see it as a budget title much like the Wii U Mario Tennis game.
>>
>>337360437
>the all-range mode is objectively shittier because every single one of them is just "dick around until the boss shows up"
Star Fox 64 did the exact same shit, except with level design that was usually just a flat plane, with a few hills or pillars or something if you were lucky, and usually only a single enemy type, and then often the boss that shows up is some mostly stationary target that doesn't even attack you directly.

Did I love any of those things you mentioned? Well, I liked them a hell of a lot more than the all-range shit in 64.
>>
>>337360554
60 dollars for 2 whole hours. Really Nintendo needs to look themselves over because their name isn't worth as nearly as much as they think it is. Fed Force, SF0, hell even Splatoon in every region outside of America, aren't worth their full asking price. But since it has Nintendos name on it and they feel their shit doesn't stink, 40-60 price tag. Which wouldn't sell for 15 from any other company.
>>
>>337360554
More like STAR FOX ZERO stock.

No but really, shorter, easier and not as much replay value as 64. You might as well just get the 3DS remake instead.
>>
>>337361774
Star Fox Zero Interest
Star Fox Zero Fun
Star Fox Zero Effort
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.