[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any games where the character's physical look
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1456913443876.png (984 KB, 914x700) Image search: [Google]
1456913443876.png
984 KB, 914x700
Are there any games where the character's physical look actually affects the stats, or the other way around? For example leveling up Strength makes the character look buff, or vice versa. Or high Stamina will make your character look more toned and not fat because of lost calories

I know that in Dragon's Dogma your weight and height actually affects your poise, and in situations where for example there's strong wind your character will either stand his ground or stagger depending on the physique.
In San Andreas going to the gym also gives you stats as well as actual muscles.
>>
>>337353930
Swords and sandals
>>
>>337353930
Fable, I guess. Don't know about magic but levelling strength stats gives you visibly better physique.
>>
San Andreas
>>
>>337354032
Magic makes you all blue and glowy
>>
CHECK OUT MY PECS LITTLE MAN
>>
Dragon's Dogma is all that comes to mind for me as well, OP. When it comes to appearance, in Fable you get more muscular with higher strength stats, break out with glowing runes over your skin at higher magic stats, and in the second game at least you get taller with higher skill stats.
>>
File: 1439512855937.jpg (26 KB, 501x483) Image search: [Google]
1439512855937.jpg
26 KB, 501x483
>windy area
>finally a good excuse to carry your loli pawn
>>
File: Crackdown-Xbox360.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Crackdown-Xbox360.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
>>337353930
In crackdown, you get buffer as you level up in strength
>start off as a skinny motherfucker doing 5ft jumps and can only pick up small things like tires to throw
>end up as a big nigger doing 50ft jumps and tossing buses at criminals
>>
>>337353930
Fable... Uh...

Damn, that's all I can think of.
>>
>>337354306
Oh wait GTA San Andreas.

Fucking burger shot turned me into a fat fuck.
>>
>>337353930
Spec Ops: The Line
>>
fable
>>
>>337354032
and eating pies makes you fat
>>
>>337354032
Strength made you bulkier, skill made you taller, and will gave you glowy lines.
In Fable 2, it meant strong female characters looked like blocks.
>>
>>337353930
legend of zeldad
>>
>>337354032

Magic makes you glow and agility makes you taller.
>>
Wasn't there that one Dragon Quest game where you could level up sexual appeal?
>>
>>337353930
>In San Andreas going to the gym also gives you stats as well as actual muscles.
San Andreas will never happen again since it propagates the myth that eating lots of junk food will make you fat and unhealthy.
>>
>>337356654
IIRC that was in 8 but it didn't change appearance. It was just about efficacy in Charm based skills
>>
I know that in Dragon Ball Xenoverse your height and build slightly affect your stats, but other then that and Dragons Dogma aswell as Fable, nothing else comes to mind
>>
>>337354249
Crackdown was damn good. Repetitive, but good fun still.

Though didn't the looks of your character progress linearly? No matter what skill you raised, the guy changed the same every time.
>>
I'M BUFF
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.