[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /v/erdict on the GAMEPLAY? I don't give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Uncharted-4-A-Thiefs-End.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted-4-A-Thiefs-End.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
What's the /v/erdict on the GAMEPLAY? I don't give a fuck about your "emotional rollercoaster," or your "immersive setpieces." I wantwant to know if it's fun to play
>>
>I don't give a fuck about your "emotional rollercoaster,
>I want to know if it's fun
>>
The puzzles are dumb shit like always
Platforming is solid as fuck, the new mechanics such as sliding, roping, and that climbing blade makes it interesting this time.
Vehicles are in as well, and it makes things fresh - and they surprisingly handle wonderfully (unlike MGSV, for example)
The gunplay is insanely good - imo, better than Max Payne 3 for the PC. The animations, recoil, stealth takedowns, melee, and all that jazz make every gunfight feel good
>>
>>337353084
>better than Max Payne 3 for the PC

No way man. There's no diving or slo-mo at all.
>>
>>337352574
I like it. Visually cool, story is entertaining, even my gf was enjoying watching it.

Then again I'm a normie with a PS4, a gf and a fulltime job...

So all you fucks will hate it.
>>
>>337352868
/thread

OP is a retard.
>>
>>337352574
It plays quite well, but it's just one big level that doesn't change at all.
>>
This is the most fedoracore post I've seen on /v/ in a long time. Congratulations.
>>
>>337353452
You're also illiterate as fuck. I feel sorry for your girlfriend who has to date a troglodyte.
>>
>>337353084
>better than mp3

top kek
>>
>>337353397
Yeah, that's true. But the weapons, animations, and everything else feels better to play with over Max Payne 3.
In some cases when MP3 forces you to play it as a cover shooter, UC4 blows the fuck out of it
>>
File: 1383065061533.gif (3 MB, 350x225) Image search: [Google]
1383065061533.gif
3 MB, 350x225
>>337353934
>the weapons, animations

Which are pretty much the same. There's probably more variety in U4, but you really underestimate the feeling that MP3 gives you while you are in slow mo.

There's also no fucking blood in U4. What the fuck is even the point?
>>
>>337353084
>The puzzles are dumb shit like always
like what?
>>
>>337352574
It's fun faggot
>>
>>337353934
Also, Max Payne 3 Melee is a fucking thing of beauty.
>>
>>337353934
>MP3
>forces you to play as a cover shooter

Never happened.
>>
>>337354767
Yeah it's great eye candy, but there's no depth to it
It's just a single button press and pulling the trigger
Uncharted has grabs, stealth, rope takedowns, counters, cliff melee, and all kinds of other shit - it blows the fuck out of Max Payne in melee combat
>>
BETTER QUESTION

Did U4 have an action sequence that was more fun and more interesting than U2's tank chase into jeep hopping?
>>
>Gameplay
It's an uncharted game, unless they changed it entirely from the boring tacked on 3rd person cover based shooter it was in the first one it's still shit
>>
>>337353084
nigga just beat game last night
>gunplay is better than max payne
fuck off
>>
It takes a while to get going properly, but gameplay is easily the best in the series. Guns feel good, more traversal mechanics in addition to climbing (plus it's faster now). Driving also feels really good.

Also from a Mulriplayer perspective they fixed most of the glaring issues with 2/3. Blindfire no longer locks-on at close range, so charging at people mashing R1 isn't garunteed kills now. Plus the rope adds so much to the gameplay in multiplayer. Firing a Bolt-Action sniper (using the scope) while swinging over a chasm is so fucking dumb, but also incredible if you get someone.

>>337353397
You get Slo-mo on aim as a cheat. It's fun.
>>
>>337355008
>Yeah it's great eye candy, but there's no depth to it

As opposed to...?

We aren't talking fucking Bayonetta here nigger. The most you'll do is slam somebody against a wall, and all that extra shit is fluff. It looks solid, and makes sense within the gameworld, but just like Max Payne 3, it's just eye candy.
>>
>>337355004
It did though. Especially on the higher difficulties
For example, on the bus, you are not allowed to even move in cover - you have to shoot goons entirely from cover and you cannot get out
Also the human trafficking building and other places in forgetting pull you into cover with a cutscene and you die instantly if you try to jump out
Max Payne 3 isnt the beast the first two games are
>>
>>337355021
Yes, very similar jeep chase. But with so much more going on. You get to drive the car now, as well as truck hopping and being dragged through the mud.

It almost feels like something out of Mad Max, with cars exploding everywhere and people boarding you.
>>
>>337355167
Yeah obviously, dipshit
But it takes more button presses and more effort than Max Payne 3, it simply has more depth - you can't refute that
>>
>>337355495
>But it takes more button presses

Yeah man, that's fucking awesome. Pressing a button more times means it has more depth. I guess the fucking electrocution segment in MGS is the deepest shit of all time then.
>>
Just finished the game on Moderate. I don't get the gunplay. I feel like whenever I engage in a fight, I feel like a dozen new enemies suddenly spawn. They all run towards me shooting non-stop. No reloading or running out of ammo. And everyone's trained on me. I can't even stay in cover long enough to recover my health most of the time. And with how vertical a lot of shit is, they're shooting from top, from bottom, everywhere. It's a cluster fuck trying to figure out what's going on.
>>
Does it ever have level design with more than one path or is it aggressively linear like 1&2?
>>
>>337355875
3 was linear as fuck too.
>>
>>337355875
Yes, the areas are much larger this time.
>>
>>337355875
It's still linear but you get like two paths to the same place or openish areas. Lots of verticality, too. Frankly, I wish it was more linear cause not knowing where to go when you just want to move forward is annoying.
>>
>>337355875
Yes and no.
Some levels are linear
But some of the levels are bigger than anything we've seen before, and as a result, have more options to how you approach shit - you also have tall grass to stealth around with.
>>
>>337355875
There are paths that are completely linear with the token "here's a path of discolored ledges for you to mash X along," but there are a lot more areas where you just have to go somewhere and there are multiple paths to getting there. And the combat arenas are very open with many different ways to get around.
>>
File: unchartedlevel.png (13 KB, 656x487) Image search: [Google]
unchartedlevel.png
13 KB, 656x487
>>337355875
Even aside from the two large open areas, it's still kind of like this. There are parts with unecessary caves and cliffs so you have to find the exit and it doesn't feel like you're funneled as often as the older games.
>>
>>337355875
well its still linear because this isnt an open world game you're still constantly going from point A to point B but theres a good amount of areas where the play field is much larger.
>>
>>337355708
Stealth seems like it's 50% of the gameplay honestly, you can realistically break line of sight, engage a few guys, run away, break line of sight and reengage. I feel like in a lot of the levels they expect you to not just go in and shoot everyone, they want you to parkour around and land on top of dudes and snap necks and fist fight a bit. Gunplay is just one part of the combat and they expect you to use all parts.
>>
shooting is pretty bad. climbing is cool, but only in the later part of the game. it's passable in those aspects but it really only starts shining once you add story, setting, spectacle, etc
>>
>>337356652
That's one thing that is better about this game. Previously you'd get spotted or whatever, and then you could no longer do any stealth shit at all, even if you "sneak" up behind somebody drake would go full flying fist mode at him.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.