[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BG/NWN/IWD/ToEE/Planescape and other D&D vidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 20160511231447_1.jpg (245 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160511231447_1.jpg
245 KB, 1920x1080
Has anyone else found battle with irenicus one of the easiest fights in the game? Poor guy got slashed into pieces in a few minutes and no one in my party died. Even SCS did not help him.
>>
Buuump
>>
>>337341487
Go fuck yourself.

Here's the real question.
Can I play a fighter dude specializing in Quarterstaffs or is it a shit weapon.
>>
>>337342664
It is actually quite viable though not so easy on early game. Late game has a lot of strong staffs like staff of the ram. The problem is many staffs are rather mage/druid oriented and give spells to its user rather than be strong as swords or other weapons. The staff of the ram is the only exception as it has highest base damage in game. But you get in ToB so quite late.
>>
>>337342956
Fug.
Okay. Scratch that. What about Archer Class. What ranged weapon should I spec in? Is it viable in BG2 and BG2 ToB?
>>
>>337344568
Archers are a great class for all the game.
Shortbows have many fast shooting bows like tuigan bow and other strongly magical bows like gesen bow
Longbows have some nice ones and have higher damage, but no cheesy weapon there.
Crossbows are generally slower but also viable. The highest damage ranged weapons in game are actually crossbows i think
Leave slings to the mages and clerics
>>
>>337344568
Longbow Elf Archer is always good. You will be surprised how many kills you get. Later you can easly get 8 shots per round easly on improved haste.
>>
>>337345034
Ya, but what about BG2? Bows suck dick in ToB too.
Get xbows and wreck shit.
>>
>>337345245
I can't remember good crossbows in ToB besides that one with free fire bolts.
>>
>>337341487
I made a Mage>Fighter.
Level 2 Mage, currently level 5 Fighter.
Only spells I have are Friends, Identify and Find Familiar.

Basically the only reason for this dual is so I can use scrolls/wands/mage items as a regular Fighter.

As it turns out, for some stupid reason, scrolls appear to scale with your highest level even if it's not as a caster class.
So using a scroll of magic missile I currently fire off more than just one missile.

Anyway, does anyone remember if time stop allows you to melee while time is frozen? Or was it the time trap that did that.
>>
>>337345659
It allows you to do it normally. You also instahit on timestop. Thats why kesnai mage is so op. You time stop and wreck everyone.
>>
>>337345826
Interesting.
Simulacrum timestop here I come.
>>
>>337346052
You can copy yourself with vhalior helm and use copy's time stop right? But i think you will allso be stopped and only copy will be able to move.
>>
>>337346195
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
Carry a scroll of wish/time stop and use the clone to dick around.
I mean sure it'll be a little lower level but it's still pretty neat.
>>
>>337341487
His slayer form is easier than his wizard form
>>
>>337347256
His wizard form was even easier cause no trashmobs.
>>
>>337347385
Well if you have Ascension you're in for a treat in ToB. The first encounter is already harder than Irenicus
>>
>>337347510
Illasera? She stepped on my timestop trap and died like a bitch in a second. WIth my x7 backstabs and 8 attacks per round on my assasin.
>>
>>337347668
Timestop cant save you in every encounter
>>
File: 20160511232439_1.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160511232439_1.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
>>337348216
I will see what will be next. That's why i have both SCS and Ascension installed. I hope for some challange soon. Never new that pure thief can be strong.
>>
>>337348775
It beats 3E thieves. I sure love fighting all these sneak attack immune enemies.
>>
>>337348967
I build my character so he is also survivable in no backstab enviroment. Btw is blackrazor sword any good? I chose to get this one in hell but im still confused. Never done an evil run in bg before.
>>
>>337349252
It's pretty good. If you keep it it automatically turns you evil which is the downside of it.
>>
>>337341487
I wonder if Beamdog will ever be able to make anything with a decent story.
>>
>>337344568
Get grand mastery in longbows, specialize in slings and buy the one that fire free +5 bullets from the merchant in the copper coronet
>>
File: 20160512000442_1.jpg (433 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160512000442_1.jpg
433 KB, 1920x1080
>>337349481
I planned to roleplay my character getting slowly corruptet by his father's taint since i started BG1. As a /tg/ fag playing tabletops weekly i can't stop myself from making up complex characters to roleplay as. Through throne of bhaal i will roleplay that this hell has changed him, but maybe something will break his now evil spirit. I don't know.

Also its been so long since bitch has talked., now she regrets.

>>337349765
Probably never untill amber scott runs the whole writing thing. She is terrible at it. I played one hers D&D adventures and it was full of shit and token lgbtqwerty characters. I literally had to make changes in characters as a gm for it to be playable.
>>
>>337350212
>drowfag plays edgy characters
who could have guessed
>>
>>337350212
Didn't they "promote" her out of a writing position?
>>
>>337351185
Edgy characters are most fun on tabletops desu
>>337351652
Proofs? I think that the whole beamdog was defending her and still does. Though the outrage has silenced. Corwin is such a whore
>>
>>337352512
I haven't played SoD yet. Did they really change the old party members' personalities completely?
>>
File: CopperDreamsHUD.png (723 KB, 864x486) Image search: [Google]
CopperDreamsHUD.png
723 KB, 864x486
>another fucking big rpg thread that is exclusively about DnD

Holy shit I hate you faggots so much.
But never mind. At the risk of sounding like a shill, Whalenought is launching a Kickstarter for their new game today.
I don't really care what you think about it, but I just wanted to let the 2 anons who played Serpent in the Staglands know.
>>
>>337353390
I did play with a party of Me/Magically Evil Corwin (love this helmet)/Dorn/Viconia/Edwin/Baeloth

Changes were made though /v/ exaggerates it a bit. Edwin was actually able to be grateful to me which is strange for such an egoist.
Viconia was very rough and dominating towards you. She was saying a lot how she is belongs to one and needs no man treating my character like shit if he was kind or helpful. Whatever you do she is pissed off except when you are like a beta treating her like a some sort of a godess.
Safana was bitchier than ever fighting for equality every fucking time.
I also hated the part when my fortune was stolen to help the refugees and you cannot just beat the shit out of your treasury man to get it back. You have to accept that you did """right""" by helping them. Then there is this new goblin npc that shoehorns sjw ideologies about racism. Baeloth fried the bitch for it
However most dungeons were fun a lot. Game feels like icewind dale with bhaalspawn in it.

>>337354097
Well you are welcome to talk about other rpg classics. Title is shit
>>
>>337354097
General RPG threads always turn into shit while dnd threads stay nice and comfy most of the time. Not sure why.
>>
>>337354851
This desu
>>
>>337341487
I havent seen this thread for a while.
>>
>>337354097
What's this? ww2 xcom?
>>
>>337355651
If its too often people tell to gfto to /vg/.
>>
File: Anomen.jpg (64 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
Anomen.jpg
64 KB, 210x330
BestBoy
>>
File: AilmentsCopperDreams.png (1 MB, 1324x642) Image search: [Google]
AilmentsCopperDreams.png
1 MB, 1324x642
>>337355747
Cyberpunk turn-based rpg. They haven't revealed too much about it until now so I probably can't give you a particularly satisfying answer, but two noteworthy things about the game is that there is an injury system instead of HP, and a vertical element to the usual isometric playstyle, that is, grappling hooks and climbing shit. They apparently want this to play kind of like an isometric Deus Ex.

>Instead of HP points, we’ll be using stackable ailments, which are the result of D8 die rolls that vary based on your weapon. The ailments fall into three categories, lesser, greater and mortal, each with its own cap that is increased or decreased by character creation stats. For example, a player might have 12 lesser ailment slots, 6 greater ailment slots, and 3 mortal ailment slots. If any of those three categories reach the cap, a player falls unconscious, and the next ailment in any category will result in death. NPCs have slightly different rules, dying immediately if a category is full instead of falling unconscious.

>These ailments vary based on the weapon or projectile that is dealing damage, and require different kits to heal different types of damage. Burns from a grenade can’t be healed by the same kit that would clean up a puncture wound. Magic items can augment ailments with magical properties or roll an additional magic D8 with its own dynamic table of injuries — a fire sword not only could cause various slash damages, but it could also scald to incinerate flesh and bone.

>These ailments do not just inch you closer to death’s doorway, but also decrease your stats until heal, simulating the weakness that your player should feel if they are fighting with a few bullets in their legs, a broken kneecap and a minor concussion. Stat decreases will vary based on the ailment category and body location. Arm injuries will hurt aim while a head injury impacts logic and mental stability.
>>
What is the edgiest build in BG?
>>
>>337358412
kensai/mage
>>
>>337358663
I will pla a drow kensai/mage with 2 katanas then. Have i missed something?
>>
>>337359590
Make sure you're chaotic evil
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.