[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would /v/ agree Doom64 was best Doom game? Cool lighting effects,same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Titlepic_doom64tc.gif (87 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Titlepic_doom64tc.gif
87 KB, 640x480
Would /v/ agree Doom64 was best Doom game? Cool lighting effects,same demons we grew to love with better textures,nice eerie soundtrack that fit every well,harder puzzles and shit.Thoughts?
>>
>>337334676
Doom4 is godtier
>>
>>337335082
eatshit faggot
>>
>>337334676
Wasn't the blood censored
>>
>>337334676
Its pretty fucking good and the real Doom 3, yes. But people don't pay much attention to it since it was a console exclusive. Even today with the full(and free) PC port of it with mouse controls people still seem to ignore it, which is a damn shame.
>>
Can we stop pretending the original Doom is anyway fun to play in 2016? Like, I am really, really over this meme. I know you have to prove how much of an oldfag you are and how liking outdated, stale, repetitive, boring, gameplay from 30 years ago somehow makes you hardcore or something but this is pathetic.
>>
>>337338813
I played Doom 1 for the first time last year and enjoyed it quite a bit.
>>
>>337338813
I didn't first play Doom until the XBLA port (when I was young I only ever had the shareware version with the first few maps)

I fucking adored it.

Yes, the lack of verticality feels extremely antiquated today but the gunplay is still excellent as is the level design, and I still enjoyed it
>>
Nah, it's good, but Doom and Doom 2 are on an entirely different level.
>>
>>337338813
Literally this.
>>
>>337338813
iv'e been playing through them all recently and i still think they hold up
>>
File: Jl1OCpG.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Jl1OCpG.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>337338813
Mom I posted it again
>>
>>337334676
No
It's amazing, but no.
>>
>>337334676
Eh, dunno about best.

I mean I liked the colored lighting and the new sprites (well some of them, Cyberdemon looked like shit), but the combat wasn't as fun as Doom and the music didn't get me as pumped.

Still, it's a way better horror take on Doom than Doom 3 was
>>
>>337338813
Let me guess, born in 95?
>>
>>337342647
It's a solid game that still plays like Doom, but I would prefer if it looked and sounded like old Doom.
>>
>>337342091
>>337342774
Not an argument.
>>
>>337338813
I enjoy it. When it starts to get stale, I just play Brutal Doom.
>>
>>337338813
I first played Ultimate Doom in 2014 and enjoyed it. You either have shit taste or you have played the DOS version.
>>
>>337342946
People who have literally never played Doom before played it in 2015 and found it fun.

It's still the one of the fastest-paced FPS that's probably ever been made. Definitely one of the most difficult and mazelike with enough variety and challenge to keep things interesting.

Every level was incredibly different from the last. And the game CONSTANTLY introduced new enemies to keep you on edge.
>>
>>337345159
>calls DOS version bad
>tells others they have shit taste
Nigger, I first played Doom in 2013/14, and the DOS version was amazing.
>>
>>337334676
It's better than Doom 2, but not as good as Doom.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.