[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was this a good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Quantum_Break_cover.jpg (70 KB, 432x469) Image search: [Google]
Quantum_Break_cover.jpg
70 KB, 432x469
was this a good game?
>>
>>337329819
No.
>>
It was an ok game. With latest patch that allows you to remove upscaling it even looks great.
>>
>game
>>
>>337329819
>game
>good
>fucked up by microsofts UWP
>>
>>337330329
yes
>>
File: IYR46Af.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IYR46Af.jpg
382 KB, 1920x1080
>>337330569
Not game's fault, really.
>>
Does it run on Windows 9 - 1 ?
>>
>>337330781
No
>>
>>337330702
overkill reflections but otherwise looks really nice especially without all the cinetrash noise and blur
>>
>>337329819

Was an alright movie
>>
>>337329819
it is great for a rental. after you finish it there is no reason to ever play it again tho.
>>
How did Remedy fall so hard?
Or was this Microsoft's fault that they basically made a movie?
>>
>>337330840
I heard they removed fps cap in recent pstch, it's true?
>>
File: yFo4EtE.jpg (448 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
yFo4EtE.jpg
448 KB, 1920x1080
>>337330917
Yeah, noise and upscaling were trash. Too bad I can't run it at stable fps without it.
>>
>>337331091
Yes
>>
>>337331086
i would guess microsoft. remedy went from making max payne to alan wake which was pretty much a tv series disguised as a game. seems like all the money went to making the dumb tv show and hiring a actors to be in it and making a game about it later, kinda like what syfy did with defiance.
>>
>>337329819
For you
>>
>>337331514

Sam Lake mentioned at a conference they always wanted to try live action because they loved doing it on Alan Wake and it was surprisingly cheap to do it. And he was right as it ended up being cheaper than Alan Wake to make because it turned out with the TV show, it was far easier to schedule actors, so they only need to be available for a week or so on set and cheaper to make because of tax breaks and it only having a schedule of about two to three weeks of shooting before post-production so they weren't spending huge money on casting and they only had to capture Ashmore and Gillen once or twice in mo-cap because of their facial animation tech. Mo-cap looks impressive, but it's a huge money and time issue and you have to have actors available all the time.

Turned out they spent well below an average AAA budget while still looking like an expensive AAA game and were really happy with how it turned out for such a long dev period.

Seriously, one of the reasons there's a huge TV show boom at the minute is because it's so cheap to make compared to tentpole films.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.