[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't Capcom sell Inafune the rights to Mega Man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 22
Why doesn't Capcom sell Inafune the rights to Mega Man? His series should be placed back into his more than capable hands wehre it belongs, not with people who weren't there from the beginning.
>>
Bait.
Also he didnt even do much with the original megaman.
>>
>>337327027

He's the creator of mega man and lead character designer. It's HIS series. He's been there from the beginning.
>>
>>337327103
No
>>
>>337327103
Akira Kitamura created Mega Man
>>
>>337327103
>He's the creator of mega man
Not really. Some other dude do it, he just got all the fame.

Now if you argued that no one else would use the IP as effectively, maybe, but given some of the issues with MN9 I'm skeptical Inafune totally understands what he's doing and also what the Megaman brand should be.
>>
>>337326706
He can't afford it. Game devs aren't independently wealthy.
>>
>>337327535
>Akira Kitamura created Mega Man

CO creator. Inafune created the refined drawing, ie what MM actually looks like. Kitamura just did some pixels. It' snot the same thing.
>>
Do you remember what happen with Compile?
>>
>>337327624
He did the game design, Inafune just did artwork and some character designs.
>>
>>337326706
What pisses me off most about Inafune is that Soul Sacrifice (I'd also argue Yaiba, at least visually) shows that he's still got some good ideas left in the tank, making it all the more sad that he decided to take the sleazy crowdfunding route and ride it into the sunset.
>>
>>337326706
Here's your (You).
>>
>>337327773

>Inafune does the art design for mega man
>other guys turn that into games
>anons think Inafune isn't the creator of mega man
>>
>>337328047
> creator
> he joined the rockman team late and refined sprites a bit&then slapped together a boxart
>>
>>337328047
The main character was created before Inafune joined the company.

In fact, Hideki Kamiya has even said that Comcept = Hong Kong (glorified mall) when Platinum = Macau.
>>
>>337326706
Apropos of nothing, I hope something comes of the Jap survey Capcom did angling for a MM11 or some other spinoff. Inti is more than capable of soldiering on without him.
>>
>>337328183

> "My mentor (Capcom senior member Akira Kitamura), who was the designer of the original Mega Man, had a basic concept of what Mega Man was supposed to look like. So I only did half of the job in creating him. I didn't get to completely design a Mega Man [protagonist] from scratch until Zero (Mega Man X, SNES). Back when the SNES was coming out, I was asked to give Mega Man a redesign, so I created this character. But I realized that this design wouldn't be accepted as Mega Man, so I had another designer create the new Mega Man, and I worked on Zero to release him as the 'other main character' that would steal all the good scenes!"[9]
>>
>>337326706
Inafune is not the creator of Megaman, and every person that still claims it in this day and age of 2016 is one of the reasons Blunder #9 received excess funding.

It's like fuckers forget that Capcom once upon a time had brilliant teams that could turn things like "The Little Mermaid" into competent games. Everything Inafune ever did that was of any note while working for Capcom is because there was an entire team of talented people assigned to the same project to filter out the bad ideas, or executives that knew Megaman better than him: ZX was what Inafune envisioned for the X series since X1, and ZX series ultimately tanked the franchise with abysmal sales.

Inafune has sameface syndrome with his artwork, hasn't had any really good ideas that translated well to execution, and is just a hype man at his best. He's the Thomas Edison of the franchise.
>>
>>337327823
No he fuck up the premise of Yaiba being Ryu Hayabusa ' s nightmare, the only guy who could talk as much shit as ge did to Ryu, and fight Ryu to a stand still in his favor. That trailer when Ryu and Yaiba fought before the game took place was what sold the hold fucking idea, and then the games come out and it's nothing we wanted thanks to Inafune putting terrible ideas in to the pot. Yaiba could have been good if not for him
>>
>>337328408
>Megaman better than him: ZX was what Inafune envisioned for the X series since X1, and ZX series ultimately tanked the franchise with abysmal sales.

Is it true that Inafune didn't even like the original series? After Inafune was put in charge of MM, around X4, we got these weird fucking spin offs like Z and ZX with weird designs, and elves and shit. They feel radically different from Classic or even X series.
>>
>>337328408
The team that did The Little Mermaid and Darkwing Duck (as well as Megaman 4, 5 & 6) is now Inti Creates.
>>
>>337328424
But I said visually. Yaiba was crap, it had pretty much nothing going for it apart from a good art style.

Still better than NG3 tbqh tho
>>
I just want MN9 to come out already so I can see how much Infanue fucked it up.
>>
File: 1429971622216.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1429971622216.gif
2 MB, 300x290
Why don't you guys just buy Gunvolt instead of this mighty shit and be done with it?
>>
>>337328576
It had the premise of Yaiba's back story with Ryu Before they back pedaled and ruined it
>>
>>337328538
Inafune started out by submitting a red Megaman design, which he later refined into Zero. Serpent's logo was the original for Sigma's Maverick logo, and they even had the three wisemen as potential enemies. Almost all of that was shelved when one of the execs at Capcom denied his design, since Megaman is blue and known for being blue, which is why another artist created the X we know and love.

Once Inafune obtained a degree of power due to JP business politics rewarding seniority over skillsets, he's gone full Ken Penders mode with Zero being the biggest thing out of the entire franchise, and even had it setup original for Zero 1 to have it where Copy X was the real X, but again, Capcom exec shot that down, since you don't turn one of the most beloved heroes into an enemy like that, especially when they still planned to keep the X series running side-by-side.

Then we have stuff like Legends, which is Megaman only in name, or Battle Network, which he claimed credit for, despite a team already existing and working on the concept before he was assigned to it. It just shows that Inafune was a decent artist, due to his Street Fighter, Resi, as well as earlier Megaman work, but a very horrible idea man. Lest we forget that he was the one that created Donte, by stating Uncle Dante's design was bad and would be laughed out of a bar, on top hot dog arm-wife Commando, and a slew of other things on his way out of Capcom years ago.
>>
Megaman is shit
>>
File: 1461051218586.jpg (56 KB, 700x506) Image search: [Google]
1461051218586.jpg
56 KB, 700x506
>>337328331
> has even said that Comcept = Hong Kong (glorified mall) when Platinum = Macau
>>
>>337329173
>Inafune started out by submitting a red Megaman design, which he later refined into Zero.

Who designed mega Man x?
>>
>>337326706
>Can't even get out a mega man clone in time
>expecting him to finish an actual mega man game
There are a million other mega man games. Go play one of those.
>>
>>337329249
It's on his Twitter.

He never said anything about Inti Creates, but judging on the tweet it's Inti Creates = Taiwan and Capcom = main land China
>>
>>337329264
Hayato Kaji.
>>
>>337329173
What other things did he ruin while at capcom
>>
>>337329396
What I'm saying is that I dont understand what he means
>>
>>337329036
Already have, just waiting on the patch for 3DS and the sequel.
>>
Reminder that MN9 were delayed not because of schedule or any further issue, its merely delayed because it would be a launch title for some shitty android console.

Inafune is a fucking business, and every single decision he made is solely for the dosh and profit.
>>
>>337329462
He fucked up the X series story by trying to shoehorn Zero into every aspect of the plot.
That's why the reboot changed the story.
>>
>>337329575
>Inafune is a fucking business, and every single decision he made is solely for the dosh and profit.

And they're all BAD decisions. MN9 show's how terrible he is.

The whole plan was to inherit the Mega Man fandom with a MM clone. He's completely botched that with terrible design ideas. He's ruined all the good will of the MM fandom.
>>
>>337329606
Which reboot, Megaman Zero or something more recent?
>>
>>337329728
Maverick Hunter X for the PSP.
I'm not sure if Megaman Zero qualifies as a reboot, but if it did it fucked up the story even more imo.
>>
>>337329728
I think he means Maverick Hunter. They stated somewhere that the intended endgame of the remakes was to establish X as the source of the Maverick Virus through faulty programming while Zero is just all hero.
>>
>>337329701
He is incapable of making a good decision anon.
Who do you think is behind the idea of letting the western studio make a games for Capcom IP?
>>
Megaman 9 and Megaman 10 were already solid games with MM9 being one of the best.
>>
>>337328331
Why does Kamiya hate Inafune so much?
>>
>>337329865
That's kind of a surprise. I'd expect them to try and make everything revolve around Zero, not make him incidental to the plot.
>>
>>337329937
He does not, it's just that Inafune is a producer when Kamiya is a creator.
>>
>>337329173
>Once Inafune obtained a degree of power due to JP business politics rewarding seniority over skillsets,

That's really mind blowing. It's Peter Principle in action. He's a decent artist. But since he stuck with Capcom while the rest of the MM team left, he got promoted higher and higher until he oversaw the entier MM series. Then he was promoted again after that to an even more important producer, again due to seniority.

He's a decent artist but that's exactly where he should have stayed.
>>
>>337329865
Dafuq? I mean yeah I guess you could go with that of a good guy holding the source of the virus, but it would be better to pull a Luna from Casshern and make that person the virus holder
>>
>>337329701
He really had the perfect set up and completely fucked it every step of the way, huh. It's taken so long people are warming back up to Capcom and would likely rush straight back to them if they popped up with a true Mega Man game, even though the hatred of them was the driving force behind MN9's popularity in the first place.
>>
>Trusting Inaphony after Mighty No.900 delays
>>
>>337329964
The reason why they didn't do that was because everything revolving around Zero was what fucked up the plot of the original games. Literally everything was because of the Zero virus.
In the reboot it's for a logical reason. Hardware errors, reploid A.I fucking up, etc.
Also Sigma makes a conscious decision to turn maverick in the reboot instead of "lol Zero virus"
>>
>>337330108

Totally. He doesn't understand that to build a fanbase you need multiple games. You can't just release a game and then make a multi-media empire. He thought he could just inherit the MM fans in one step.

It would have been much smarter to make a MM clone for, say 50,000 dollars. Small team, simple graphics. Focus on gameplay. Hype it as the next Mega Man. If it sells, make a sequel. Each time build upon it and turn it into a bigger budget series.

Capcom didn't make MM1 and expect to make a tv show, merchadise, etc. That took years.
>>
>>337329964
>>337330080
Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense. My best guess is that he was just trying to remove any flaws from his favorite character in the clumsiest way possible. Or he really just hates X - the original story draft for Zero 1 had the despotic X as the real McCoy until the devs themselves protested and he agreed to make it a bad copy.

Then he destroyed X's shell at the end of Zero 2 anyway.
>>
>>337330290
>Then he destroyed X's shell at the end of Zero 2 anyway.

Triggered. It hurts
>>
>>337326706
HE wasn't "there from the beginning".
>>
>>337329462
The biggest offense will almost always be the fact that he was instrumental in closing Clover Studios.

Capcom gave him the position of handling oversea development with third parties, which led to a few gems like Dead Rising, but complete bombs like DMC and too serious Bionic Commando sequel.

Like >>337329606 mentioned, Inafune wanted Zero to have top billing for everything. This went as far as for bullshit reasons why Megaman was missing from MvC3, despite being in the previous entries, and Zero becoming the replacement, on top of having a paid-DLC X costume. Because of Inafune, we had Zero in the Onimusha Smash Bro knockoff. A nice surprise, but a very out of place choice.

There were two reboots, with one officially released as Maverick Hunter X on PSP, which drastically alters things and eliminates Dr. Cain fast, so he cannot be in X2+ as a plot element.

The other reboot was never officially released, and involved Iron Man's suit designer onboard for the redesigns, and was shaping up to be an even bigger departure from the Megaman name and mythos than the Legend series, which is an accomplishment for all the wrong reasons.

>>337329937
Inafune closed down Clover, and put Kamiya and pals out of work for a tiny bit, while killing their creative freedoms?

>>337330080
It was like Inafune learnt about the meme of Dr. Light being the true villain all along, and decided to be serious with it. Maverick Virus was remade where instead of spooky computer virus that originated from Zero, it was actually a design flaw from imitating Light's designs causing massive pain in Reploids and being the catalyst for them going insane. Sigma in the reboot never had his ass handed to him by Zero, meaning no psychotic past, and X made the scars, not Zero.

>>337329991
He's decent, but suffers from the same syndrome Toriyama and others do. Bison / Sagat / Sigma / Mr. X (Tyrant) can be compared side-by-side to see that they're not radically different outside of clothing.
>>
File: blonde 2.png (312 KB, 640x485) Image search: [Google]
blonde 2.png
312 KB, 640x485
>Kitamura is an unknown in the Mega Man fandom
>>
>>337329989
That's not the first time Kamiya expressed dislike towards Inafune. I can understand the ill feeling towards this snake oil salesman I just want to know why.
>>
>>337330379
>A nice surprise, but a very out of place choice.
But he has a sword.
>>
>>337330379
>Because of Inafune, we had Zero in the Onimusha Smash Bro knockoff. A nice surprise, but a very out of place choice.
And BN megaman.

Also SVC Chaos and TvC..and MVC3.

That's four games. And he's damn good in least three of them(Not sure on TvC Zero)
>>
>>337329173
I must be one of the 10 people on Earth that doesn't hate anything about Bionic Commando 2009
>>
>>337330606
To be fair he wasn't that good in vanilla MVC3
>>
>>337329173
Don't forget he also fucked up dead rising 2 and lost planet 2 which were failures commercially

That guy is a horrible ideas man
>>
>>337330919
>which were failures commercially
who cares
>>
>>337330985
(You) got a lot to learn
>>
>>337330919
You mean Lost Planet 3
>>
>>337330985
People holding out for well done sequels? Instead of the horrible aberrations we got

Like lost planet 3 which failed horribly because they thought "oh if the last game wasn't so successful then we have to change a lot of things" lo and behold it wasn't a sequel but a reboot that ended burying the franchise
>>
>>337331161
if you care more about it being successful than being good then you do not actually like video games
>>
>>337331248
Lost Planet 3 was even worse, but was he involved in that too? I forget
>>
>>337331250
>people don't buy game
>creators ruin game sequel to appeal to them
>people still don't buy it
sounds like good riddance
>>
>>337330694
It had fun swinging mechanics, but the atmosphere and story of the game tried waaaaaay too hard to take itself serious, and never hit that "so bad it's good" territory that it could really benefit from.

Also didn't really help that they set it up where only people that played the remake of original and the sequel that they whipped up would be able to fully enjoy the story presented.

Feel bad for Grin or whatever the devs were called, since they were just working to appease a client, and then Square killed them off for good with lack of payments. The JP were not kind to that tiny Swedish company.

>>337330919
DR2 was pretty fun in my book, and I read that LP2 was probably the best in the series due to multiplayer. I've only heard of their sequels under performing, since Capcom tends to have massive success with the number "2" in titles.
>>
>>337331256
If you think a game series can survive by losing money then (You) got a lot to learn.
>>
>Inafune gets Megaman
>"REMEMBER MEGAMAN? BOY, HAVE WE GOT A KICKSTARTER FOR YOU!"
>>
>>337331435
I'd rather it die out a good series than live on as a shit series.

But that's just because I actually like video games.
>>
File: f3a[1].png (789 KB, 1205x1168) Image search: [Google]
f3a[1].png
789 KB, 1205x1168
>>337331457

>>"REMEMBER MEGAMAN? Send cash.
>>
>>337331349
The first one was good and it showed, #1 in sales as well, the second one was a huge failure because inafune was given more creative over Jun Takeuchi, the third one was a "let's try something totally different and uncalled for, that will show em" and killed it forever
>>
>>337331558
>second one was a huge failure because inafune was given more creative over Jun Takeuchi
So you're saying it sold poorly because the customer base collectively decided "Inafune has more control so I will not buy this game"?

I would really love a source on this claim.
>>
>>337328331
>Hideki Kamiya has even said that Comcept = Hong Kong (glorified mall) when Platinum = Macau.
What's wrong with a mall?
>>
>>337328387
Zero is alright design. I like how edgy he is.
>>
>>337331523
>But that's just because I actually like video games.
Of course (You) do.
That's why Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 are good in your book. Even though they're actually inferior to their predecessors, you think they're good because all those mindless sheeple just didn't understand them.
>>
>people say that the story doesn't matter in mega man
>x has nothing but animated cutscenes and dialogues during gameplay segments

Which Mega Man X game had the best storyline?
>>
>>337331694
I have no Idea; I love them.
>>
>>337326706
Talking about dead rising 2. Do you people actually like 2 more than off the record? Or is it the other way around
>>
>>337330919

But Lost Planet 2 was fucking ingenious. One of the best co-op games I've played in a very long time.

Shame it probably only has a cult classic status.
>>
>>337326706
Don't give a fuck about megamen, Keiji did Dead Rising, right?
Best game about zombies, all other good games just fucking ripoffs.
>>
>>337331941
>implying I've played them
Why would I play a cash in sequel and a sequel to a really average tps?

But that's because I care more about games being good than sales.
>>
File: That's an excellent laugh.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
That's an excellent laugh.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>337326706
>Inafune
>Capable

Tip Top KEK
>>
>>337332060
I prefer Off the Record.
Chuck is too grim and serious.
Also I liked Sullivan.
And scenes with Chuck was great, but you must play Dead Rising 2 to have tfw.
>>
>>337331951
X4 Zero story, or Maverick Hunter X.

The only other game in the X series with any real effort placed into the story was X1 on SNES, while other games just seem to have the story exist to validate gameplay elements.
>>
>>337332187
jesus the neck in this gives me shivers
>>
>>337332132
>Why would I play a cash in sequel and a sequel to a really average tps?

>But that's because I care more about games being good than sales.
Then why do (You) bother defending them saying sales don't matter? Don't you think there's something wrong when a sequel of a game sells worse than the original? That means fans and people new to the series alike think it's a bad game.
>>
>>337332296
Dead Rising was already a cult classic. Expecting a sequel to sell well is ridiculous.

And Lost Planet was regarded popularly as capcom's extremely clunky and flawed attempt at a tps.

>Don't you think there's something wrong when a sequel of a game sells worse than the original?
Anything can sell well with enough advertising, anon. You're very ignorant if you think otherwise.

Just look at phantom pain. Or even mgs4. Nothing can stop the mgs series from selling millions.
>>
>>337331306
LP2 was internally developed, and had MH staff involved with it's design. It's a fucking great game.
LP3 was farmed out to a shovelware studio (Spark Interactive hasn't made a single good or profitable game ever).
>>
>>337332618
>Dead Rising was already a cult classic.
It sold ~2 million copies despite being exclusive for one system. That's not bad at all for the first game in a new series.

>Anything can sell well with enough advertising, anon. You're very ignorant if you think otherwise.
How does that disprove my point?
>>
All the games he puts out seem like "B" games. Like "Oh I'll buy that if I have time" or the like. He can't make a MUST HAVE title.
>>
>>337333431
>How does that disprove my point?
That sales=quality? lol fuck off
>>
>>337333526
It didn't disprove my point on a sequel selling less than its predecessor, which is the comment (You) responded to.
And when did I say that sales automatically means quality? I just called you out for either baiting or being a contrarian faggot, I'm still not sure which one of those is (You) yet.
I said that the lack of sales form a sequel is suspect because it should at least be bringing in some fans from the 1st game.
>>
File: ishikawa megaman.jpg (174 KB, 736x717) Image search: [Google]
ishikawa megaman.jpg
174 KB, 736x717
Fact: Hideki Ishikawa did more for Megaman than Inafune
>>
>>337326706
>Why doesn't Capcom sell Inafune the rights to Mega Man?

Is this bait?
Because they have a brain, unlike you. The last thing a person would want is to see this Inafaggot recovering the Megaman rights.

>His series should be placed back into his more than capable hands wehre it belongs

Then it shouldn't be given to Inafune, considering he isn't a capable person at all. He is part of the reason both Capcom and Megaman are in this sorry state.
>>
>>337333967
You're talking about the porn he drew aren't you
>>
>>337327103
>He's the creator of mega man

Nope.
You know shit about Megaman, buddy.

> It's HIS series. He's been there from the beginning.

No, it is Capcom's series. The amazing Megaman games we got were thanks to great people inside Capcom over the years. Meanwhile, Inafune is mainly responsible for games like Megaman 8.
>>
With how Mighty No. 9 looks I don't think he's sane enough to have Mega Man under his belt again.
>>
File: Rollcd.jpg (74 KB, 399x657) Image search: [Google]
Rollcd.jpg
74 KB, 399x657
>>337334072
Of course not

but on a serious note he has the most recognizable megaman art style and one of the best looking.

Who's the Megaman X artist?
>>
>>337327624
>CO creator.

Nope. He is the actual creator, meanwhile Inafune isn't even a true co-creater.
All Inafune did was draw what he was told to draw when making Megaman's design. Megaman was never his idea, both gameplay-wise and design-wise. Seems like the business man fooled you.
>>
File: Mega-Man-X5-Intro.jpg (375 KB, 969x733) Image search: [Google]
Mega-Man-X5-Intro.jpg
375 KB, 969x733
>>337334145
They had different artists for X1-3 but X4-6 was done by Haruki Suetsugu.
>>
>>337329036
I only will be buying Capcom games, especially if they ever make a new Megaman game. I'm fine with whatever their decision is regarding Megaman, as I recognize them as the only legit owners of the franchise at this point. Inafune can fuck off with his lies and his shitty games.
>>
>>337334301
Wasn't X1-3 the one they call Sensei?
>>
>>337328408
This.
Inafune is nothing but a parasite who leeched on better people than himself for years, then got his butt kicked by Capcom and started to throw a tantrum to attract pity. He is a bastard worse than a dog.
>>
>>337329462
He was to blame for the death of Clover studios.
Pushed for the westernization in Capcom, leading to many key figures(like actual game developers, unlike him) leaving the company and as a result hurting all Capcom's IPs in the long run.
Pushed for failed products like the Megaman Legends series and Megaman 8.
And more.
To add insult to injury, now he is making a ripoff of a game made by people better than him, and in the eyes of the idiots who still believe he was part of the reason Megaman was a good franchise that's fine.
>>
File: Mega_Man_Xtreme_2_artwork.jpg (805 KB, 1107x1591) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Man_Xtreme_2_artwork.jpg
805 KB, 1107x1591
>>337334461
That might actually be Suetsugu, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>337329575
This. Inafune only and ever cared about his profit. I'll bet he is already planning MN9 sequel, just like he planned that shitty tv show idea. Guy has literally zero shame.
>>
>>337334301
Ah alright so

Keiji Inafune: Classic 1-7(?), X1-3(?)
Hideki Ishikawa: Classic (around 8 era and it's remakes) and Legends
Haruki Suetsugu: X4-7
Tatsuya Yoshikawa: X8
Toru Nakayama: Zero
Makoto Yabe: ZX
Shinsuke Komaki: EXE
Yuji Ishihara: Starforce
>>
>>337334710
>>337334461
Suetsugu's alias is SENSEI yes
>>
File: mm25.jpg (119 KB, 1200x1620) Image search: [Google]
mm25.jpg
119 KB, 1200x1620
>>337335158
Pretty much right.
Inafune actually didn't do that much in the X series, He only designed Zero and a few of X1's bosses. And Ishikawa only did half of the remakes. The other half (1,3,5) was done by Ryuji Higurashi.

The only reason I know all this shit is because I just got the MM25 book recently.
>>
>>337335684
How is that book, anyway? Worth a buy?
>>
>>337335783
It's got a lot of content (it's got ~430 pages) and it has a lot of pictures you can't even find on the internet.
I bought it more out of necessity because I needed concept art for the characters, but It has a lot of comments on how development was like for the games. It even has a section dedicated to interviews with the illustrators for each megaman series.
I got it for 30-something bucks, I'd say that it's definitely worth that much.
>>
>>337336081
>tfw the EXE artbook shot up in price to the 200's
>bought it for 35

feels good
>>
Thanks for DmC, Inafune, you piece of shit.
>>
>>337337754
He suggested it, he's not as bad as the guy who actually went through with it.
>>
>>337337965
>>337337754

The concept is sorta valid. But they should bring in Western writers, and artist and have the core game made by real devs. Rebooting a popular series with a radical redesign was stupid. As was giving it to Ninja Theory, a company that made no good games.

Capcom's handling of DMC was really bad too. They released 4, which is one of the biggest selling DMC games. And then they proceed to do absolutely nothing with the series for years. DMC 4 was perfect for a "Special Edition" released a year or two later, which would have boosted sales by 1 million. Instead they release SE like 8 years later.
>>
>>337338192
A pretty lack luster SE too, even DE had stuff that could have benefited SE. More characters in 4 was okay but needed more modes and minor gameplay changes are literally so minor I don't notice them. I'm not one of those people that expected the other half of the game either.
>>
>>337336952
Noice
Battle Network has a lot of really good designs
>>
File: Flameman concept.png (210 KB, 513x351) Image search: [Google]
Flameman concept.png
210 KB, 513x351
>>337338749
Flame Man could have been the best fire navi but they went with bullshit instead
>>
>>337338192
But DMC was fine the way it was.

And honestly I absolutely don't trust Western writers and/or artists to know what DMCi s about and how to do it justice. The result was always going to be some edgy, pseudo-intellectual garbage. I just don't see it.
>>
>>337339014
Was there any reason why they went with the objectively shittier design?
>>
File: Achmed_the_Dead_Terrorist.jpg (58 KB, 310x430) Image search: [Google]
Achmed_the_Dead_Terrorist.jpg
58 KB, 310x430
>>337339223
Probably felt going with the design closer to his original was too insensitive and racist as he looks like a burning arab skeleton
>>
>>337339014
The design on the left looks more appealing.
>>
Let's be real i think the Megaman / Megaman X series are overrated as fuck, the Megaman series has good games with a lot of mediocre entries

The X series is more miss (X3, X5, X6, X7, X2) than hit (X1, X4, X8) i know some people prefer those games i just mentioned as "miss" but those have the problem of being badly designed, decent games ruined by development choices

I think the game got hurt by the fact that they never truly did anything interesting with the franchise, and the times it did, they never fully went with it, they either backed off or they stopped production completely (Spin-offs for example)

I'm hoping that MN9 bombs horrendously because i just can't stand the nostalgia pandering that has been going on for years in this generation
>>
>>337340624
Reminder that Shantae takes as long to make as Mighty no 9.
>>
>>337340624
>X3 X2
>badly designed
no
X5 wasn't bad either, just not as good as other entires because of some questionable design choices.

Thanks for bumping this dead thread with your contrarian shitposting though.
>>
>>337340624
>X4

I never liekd that game. Could never beat it. Ugly as hell compared to X1-3 with duller colors and bigger uglier sprites. Dull gameplay. Just feels rushed.

> the Megaman series has good games with a lot of mediocre entries

Because Capcom's buisness model meant to push out WAY too many games. Ignore the rushed shtity games. The best MM games are some of the best games EVER. Period.

MM2, 3, 9, X1 belong in any best games ever list.
>>
>>337340624
>I'm hoping that MN9 bombs horrendously because i just can't stand the nostalgia pandering that has been going on for years in this generation

I don't mind nostalgia pandering if it's GOOD nostalgia pandering. MM9 was great. Games that take the gameplay style of older games and build upon them is great.

MN9 looks boring as HELL. It adds nothing to the MM formula.

Where's Cocoron 2 when you need it?
>>
>Akira Kitamura returns from the shadows and makes a new game

Would you support it?
>>
>>337340624
X4 the best
>>
>>337341213
You mean donate to it's kickstarter or buy the game when it releases?
>>
>>337341015
>X3
>Not badly designed
Go and do the boss rush and tell me what boss has the pattern of "Go left, go right, go left go right", oh that's right... ALL OF THEM.

I like X2 but hunting for Zero parts is not fun anon, and is the reason that keeps a lot of people from replaying X2

>>337341052
Oh well, but still, point still stands, the Megaman series is more bad games than good ones

>>337341213
I don't care who does it, i will only support it if i find it interesting and if it has a playable demo
>>
>>337341393
>Go and do the boss rush and tell me what boss has the pattern of "Go left, go right, go left go right", oh that's right... ALL OF THEM.
Most of them have ramming attacks, but Byte is the only one that uses it exclusively. All the other bosses have other attacks.

>I like X2 but hunting for Zero parts is not fun anon, and is the reason that keeps a lot of people from replaying X2
That's bullshit. Collecting Zero parts is completely optional.

I'm getting the feeling you haven't played either of these games
>>
>>337327823
>ideas
Stop. He's not a designer. He mostly was a marketer for SS, not much else.
>>
>>337331951
Maverick Hunter X, it fleshed out X's journey of B-Class to Commander
>>
File: The real enemy of Megaman.jpg (32 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
The real enemy of Megaman.jpg
32 KB, 600x487
Remember when he said Lost Planet 2 was japanese and opted for a westernized sequel.

And that time he opted DMC be outsource to western devs and made Clover Studios shut down
>>
File: 1463053426507.png (384 KB, 361x362) Image search: [Google]
1463053426507.png
384 KB, 361x362
Post your face when people unironically paid money for his shitty game.
>>
>>337334301
The artwork for X4-X6 was great along with the music

Berkana and Iris are top-tier
>>
>Inafune
>more than capable hands

oh i'm laffin
>>
>>337344651
Then ex troopers happened
>>
File: laughing gohan.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
laughing gohan.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>337344693

>They thought The Father of Mega Man was creating a new series
>>
File: r25-rockman-04.jpg (101 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
r25-rockman-04.jpg
101 KB, 500x333
How is SENSEI now?

I love his art for MM games. They are delicious
>>
File: BladeArmor.jpg (217 KB, 627x965) Image search: [Google]
BladeArmor.jpg
217 KB, 627x965
What armor design is best? And why is it Blade? Too bad it's gameplay is garbage
>>
>>337326706
>people still want to give Inafune money
>even though MN9 still isn't finished, and what we have seen looks shit
>and after he's already moved on to two other different projects in Red Ash and ReCore

He's quite literally a swindler.
He'll stick his name on anything as long as it generates a few bucks.
>>
>>337332296
Sequels used to sell on par or worse than the original all the time, which is one of the reasons you'd only see 1 and 2 of a game and then they'd make a new franchise if the second didn't do better (until they tried to cash in with a reboot or something years later). It is also one of the reasons why there were so many widely different franchises from the same company back then. There isn't a metric on if it will surpass or do worse. Gauging that can actually be kind of difficult.
>>
>>337345013
Suetsugo worked on the Flagship devoped Zelda games, you know.
>>
>>337340624
Did you just say that X2 is bad? Please end your life.
>>
File: must be good001.png (25 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
must be good001.png
25 KB, 1920x1080
>>337326706
>capable hands
>inafune
>>
>>337347054
>>337344754

>Made mega man games for nes, snes, ps1, saturn, ps2, ngc, etc for 25 years
>not a capable game developer
>>
File: 1446714225681.jpg (55 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1446714225681.jpg
55 KB, 500x333
>>337347393
>Inafune
>game developer
>not idea guy
>>
>>337348038

psst: He's not even an idea guy.
>>
>>337347393
>none of which were recent, or even semi-recent
>>
File: 1427400568378.jpg (867 KB, 1600x1148) Image search: [Google]
1427400568378.jpg
867 KB, 1600x1148
Anyone else kinda salty that the X series was hijacked by Inafune's OC Donut Steel? By the end it felt like X was a side character and Zero was the main character. I have the feeling Inafune would've turned X into the real villain in the MMZ games as well if Capcom hadn't stopped him.
>>
>>337348325
I liked Zero because of Wily but I now I wanna see X's potential all the Zero wank. Also Unarmored X is hell compare to Zero
>>
>>337348325
>I have the feeling Inafune would've turned X into the real villain in the MMZ games as well if Capcom hadn't stopped him.

That's exactly what happened. Copy-X was supposed to be X.
>>
Megaman is a shit franchise
Every time they make a new series, the games are good once or twice with the rest being utter trash
>>
>>337334327
Gunvolt is barely inafune's game, he just threw his weight behind it for advertising purposes.
>>
Inafune is a genius and is the reason why Mega Man and Capcom made so many good games.
>>
>>337349308
Go away Con Man. You aren't fooling anyone here.
>>
Which comes out first, The Last Guardian or Mighty No. 9?
>>
>>337349548

>PS3 launch title

My god it's been a decade since it's been announced has it? Why can't they just fuckin' make the game?
>>
>>337349548
TLG is vaporware. MN9 will come out, just laughably behind schedule
>>
>>337326706
They should sell the rights to Inti Creates. Not that they will ever have enough money to buy it.
>>
>>337326706
For one thing, he's not the creator and will even admit to that. For another...
>His series should be placed back into his more than capable hands wehre it belongs
>more than capable hands
Yes, because MN9 showed off what a competent director he is...
>>
>>337349664
>PS3 launch title
Are you stupid? the last guardian was announced in 2009 and was being in development since 2007, 1 year after the release of the ps3
>>
>>337350467
>Yes, because MN9 showed off what a competent director he is...

He's not a director, he's a producer. But he probably made all the disasterous decisions, like hiring a director with zero experience with 2D platformers, triying to port it to 30 wildly different consoles, wanting a multi media empire before the game came out, etc. The man is a shitty businessman who has no business being anything that a minor guy in the art department.
>>
>>337350467
But he's not the director of MN9, Koji Imaeda is.
>>
>>337350710
>Koji Imaeda is.

LITERALLY WHO
>>
>>337348829
Zero series, ZX and ZXA are consistently good, though.
>>
>>337351029
>Zero series, ZX and ZXA are consistently mediocre, though.
>>
>>337351204
Your taste is consistently bad, though.
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.