[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlefront II comes out NEXT YEAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Luke-Skywalker.png (198 KB, 367x634) Image search: [Google]
Luke-Skywalker.png
198 KB, 367x634
http://web.archive.org/web/20160512055253/http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-2-confirmed-features-content/1100-6439682/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Hahaha the first game is dead so this can't hurt. Even console peasants can't stomach more of the first "game". Maybe this will make up for no 2143. Maybe this will be like Battlefield instead of some shitnothing lower on the totem pole than CoD. Maybe they'll care this time!
>>
They won't, but the shit-eating retards who still buy EA games will but it anyway
>>
Well, first off.
>Buying EA Games

Second,
I want to say that this won't sell well because of the 'first' one but I know that Star Wars folks will buy it under the guys of 'If we buy it, they'll eventually make the one I want' instead of 'It's shit, I won't buy it so they make the one I actually want in the future.'
>>
What was so bad about the Battlefront EA made? Talking about gameplay aspects here.
>>
>>337319961
It's boring
>>
I've never played it.

All the guys I work with who are the target demographic for these kinds of games even said they didn't like it.
>>
>>337319961
Shit spawning, all weapons feel the same, using arcade tokens for vehicles/heros instead of spawn points, no maps, ground vehicles are AT-ST, AT-AT(on rails), and speeder bikes.

It's a battlefield clone that's less fun than actual battlefield.
>>
If you still buy anything EA you are cancer
>>
>>337319961

Ultra boring. I was so bored during the free beta I cant comprehand how anyone could buy it afterwords
>>
>>337320121
>It's a battlefield clone
Just because it's on the frostbite engine and made by Dice doesn't make it a Battlefield clone, memeboy.
>>
Gave up on sw after death of 2143
>>
>>337320192
He's not wrong though
>>
Any PC players here? I haven't touched the game in a couple of months, last I played I was considering buying the season pass, but if it's dead then I'm somewhat relieved. About to boot up here in a bit actually.
>>
Is that dlc still the same price as the game pretty much and did it ever add anything worthwile?
>>
>>337320192
It's combined arms which is enough in my book.
A wide generalization but that's what I thought when I saw it.

The worst thing is that a reskinned battlefield game would be better than this by sheer virtue of removing tokens and doing actual loadouts instead of the star cards.
>>
File: 1454056960359.gif (1000 KB, 450x234) Image search: [Google]
1454056960359.gif
1000 KB, 450x234
You know what will eventually happen.
All normies are right now like ''I wont fall for this shit again, the first game was boring as fuck''
Then EA starts the marketing campaign with a new Star wars era battlefront pumping out trailers with shiny graphics and normies will rally to it again like flies to shit.
>>
File: 1421005798430.jpg (32 KB, 432x356) Image search: [Google]
1421005798430.jpg
32 KB, 432x356
>Battlefront II confirmed
>Not even half of the Season Pass Content is out yet.
>>
>>337320328
>if it's dead
http://swbstats.com/
It's dead as fuck.
>>
>>337320281
He is wrong though. There's pretty much zero parallels with Battlefield titles.
>>
File: IMG_0256.jpg (77 KB, 511x450) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0256.jpg
77 KB, 511x450
>>337320515

>less than half the players of bf4, a 2.5 year-old game
>>
>>337320470
I'm honestly not buying season passes for games anymore, it's not worth paying however many dollars for DLC that I may not want or that may never come out.

FallOut 4s is a good example, I'm interested in Far Harbor but I wasn't too terribly interested in the first two.
>>
>>337320576
Oh ok then mind changed
great job!
>>
There's gonna be three. Galactic Civil War in I, First Order Uprising in II, and Clone Wars in III. Instead of doing the kind thing and just releasing expansions for the first they'll try getting people to buy three $60 games($110 w/ Season Pass) to experience what Battlefront should've been
>>
>>337320576

oh fug, I'm now a #cruzmissile
>>
>>337320576
What would you compare it to then?
Maybe a COD but it doesn't really have the feel of an arena shooter.
>>
File: meta.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
meta.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>337319961
>original
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

BfrontII is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing from each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

No roll, no buy. Oddly enough, they just added in a roll. The game is still probably awful because of all the other designs.
>>
>>337319673
>EA
>Star Wars

And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>337320694
>Clone Wars in III.
The Original Trilogy era is still alive. The Sequel Trilogy era is thriving. The PT era is buried. Doesn't make sense to make a game all around the Clone Wars. They'll package it with another era or leave it buried.
>>
File: clowny.jpg (12 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
clowny.jpg
12 KB, 225x300
>>337320615
Not even STAR WARS can save a shit game. I find that fact refreshing.
>>
If they launched with the same amount of maps as say a Battlefield game it would probably still be alive. BUT 4 MAPS. 4. MAPS.
>>
>>337319673
>They sold a 50$ season pass for NO DLC
Kek,the Jewishness knows no limit
>>
>>337319673
Just make an expansion or something, holy shit
Publishers really like to segregate player base in such a short time further and further
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.