[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whatever happened to rhythm games with personality? The kinds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: GTA02_html.jpg (346 KB, 930x540) Image search: [Google]
GTA02_html.jpg
346 KB, 930x540
Whatever happened to rhythm games with personality? The kinds that had a memorable cast of characters and some crazy story to string you along. Games like Parappa, Gitaroo Man, Space Channel 5, and Elite Beat Agents. The only recent ones I can think of are Rhythm Thief and sorta Rhythm Heaven.

I just want to save the world through the power of music and dance.
>>
File: tumblr_nth1uyk1TD1uyrvy5o1_500.gif (2 MB, 463x298) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nth1uyk1TD1uyrvy5o1_500.gif
2 MB, 463x298
Also bring up any related games that likely flew under the radar.

Pic related is Cool Cool Toon for the Dreamcast. I keep forgetting to play it, but it has a great art style.
>>
>>337317817
> too hard
> too weird
> too gamey
> too japanese
>>
>>337318394
> too japanese
Every time
>>
Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W__p0gCBSZI
>>
File: 1260673714521.jpg (467 KB, 854x1000) Image search: [Google]
1260673714521.jpg
467 KB, 854x1000
>Whatever happened to rhythm games with personality?
>>
>>337320118

God that soundtrack was so good. Loved it.

Rhythm Thief is pretty fun, I find the controls to be awkward sometimes though
>>
>>337322012
Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of Rhythm Thief, but I liked it for what it was. The rhythm game parts just felt like a shittier Rhythm Heaven.
>>
>>337320863
>Miku games
>good
psp version was okay but after that,
just "nope"
>>
File: Purge.gif (2 MB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
Purge.gif
2 MB, 500x292
>>337317817

I don't know, but I miss Patapon.
>>
>>337317817
Guitar Band happened

Basically killed the genre
>>
>>337324176
Also Tsunku literally dying.
>>
>>337317817
The rhythm game genre is manly composed by literal autists that punch the walls of their homes.
While the rest of the crowd is too niche to be a decent investment.

You're lucky enough we still have rhythm heaven.
On another note Crypt of the Necrodancer was good.
>>
I WILL NEVER EVER RUN AWAY
I'LL BE HERE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcLox-o5GKU
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.