[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories has the best warning screen out.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: F7mB0ce.jpg (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
F7mB0ce.jpg
63 KB, 600x600
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories has the best warning screen out.
>>
>>337317642
Sounds cool. Also sounds like bollocks. Does the game do any of that stuff? Even a little?
>>
>>337317856

yes it does. it changes the game as you play depending on what you do and your answers to certain questions
>>
>>337317642
> I LOVE MY DADDY
>>
>>337317856

Yes. It actually does a lot better job of it than Silent Hill 2 does but it's also a lot less subtle about it.
>>
>>337317856

Yeah, mostly by changing how the enemies look.
>>
>>337317856

Just a bit. The way you answer in the psychology sessions changes some things about how scenes unfold, and staring at particular objects a lot during cutscenes (such as alcohol or boobs, or even off at random objects) affects how characters dress and which ending you ultimately get.

The only time I got spooked was during the nature reserve scenario. There's a cabin about halfway through that on my first time through was simply dark. The second time through one of the rooms was covered in blood and had a big bear corpse cut open on the table.
>>
>>337317856
Kind of, but not in huge or meaningful ways.
The game had a cool mechanic wherein your "cell phone" would pick up white noise and stray signals as you moved around the world. Your phone would then get picture mails, text messages, voicemails, and emails.
The content of these was subtly altered depending on how the game viewed your psych profile.
Monster appearances also changed, but again not significantly.
Most impressive is that the game did it based on things you chose to look at or interact with, rather than a lazy half-assed questionnaire.
>>
Shattered memories was a really cool not silent hill game.
>>
>>337318213
There's a cabin about 2/3 of the way through the game with blood trails along the entire inside. If you go out back, there's a bloody parka that looks like it belonged to a little girl.

That shit spooked me.
>>
>>337318318
>Most impressive is that the game did it based on things you chose to look at or interact with, rather than a lazy half-assed questionnaire.

Actually, it does rely heavily on "lazy half-assed questionnaires."
>>
>>337317856
yeah. part of it is similar to how silent hill 2 did its endings. where depending on how you play, and how it characterizes harry, different things occur.
there's a "psych profile" mechanic which basically has 4 possible personality types. it's not explicit in game so it won't be like you're going for a certain type.
you lean toward one or the other depending on "invisible" factors like what things you examine in the world. on top of that there's an actual psychiatrist sessions between different parts of gameplay which influences this profile through answering questions and stuff. it changes some scenes and the looks of enemies, and then, of course, the ending.
>>
>>337318082
god damnit that shit is burned into my brain
>>
Ummmm this all sounds awesome. Why don't you guys ever talk about this game and keep crying over that Kojima project??
>>
That is totally untrue. ShatMemz is a shit game.
>>
>>337319198

The "game" part of it is a bit lacking. Exploration yields a bunch of tidbits but the game itself is quite linear and there's no real threat of failure, even in the nightmares. If you die you just start that segment over.

So after one run you might do another run where you purposely do things differently or get the UFO ending but even both of those could be done in an afternoon.
>>
>>337318586
Those literally only changed like the color of clothing or buildings. They didn't change any of the shit I mentioned.
>>
>>337317642
I love Shattered M and all but this screen is purely for marketing. I'm gonna spoil anything but the changes are very minor outside of a few different dialogues.
>>
>>337319198
>Silent Hill fanboys ever acknowledging a western remake is better than the glorious nipponese original
>>
This warning screen is kind of cringy because you know the devs thought so much of themselves to write that. There are games that are much creepier and don't adapt to your choices but don't have a warning message.
>>
>>337319543
>remake
>re-imagining
Fuck anyone who says this. I haven't played the first but it's clearly not even trying to be like it.
>>
>>337317856
No
>>
>>337319198
Because it was a Wii game
>>
>>337319543
honestly it works best as an alternate reality sequel
>>
>>337319198
The game itself is very underwhelming. This is coming from someone who actually genuinely liked the game.
It shits all over Silent Hill lore, and lacks any sort of difficulty. There's no weapons, which means that any encounter with enemies is just constantly running away from them. But there's no threat, because they put checkpoints right at the beginning of every running segment.

So it just devolves into shitty trial-and-error until you find the right path to escape the nightmare worlds.

The story could either have you guessing right up to the finale, or you could figure it out from the first 20 minutes. Depending on which ending you get.

Character personalities change, dialogue changes, interactions change, appearances change, but the overall events remain the same. Which kind of feels like a letdown.

Literally the same shit happens every time. It's just a question of "is she sexy and pissed off or quiet and happy? Doesn't matter, her car drove off a bridge either way."
>>
>>337319198
I don't know, maybe people wanted something new?
>>
>>337319817
That said, its not a bad story and tugs at the heartstrings well
>>
>>337319198
>Why don't you guys ever talk about this game
it wasn't that good in spite of some of its interesting mechanics

>keep crying over that Kojima project?
because the game looked like it had potential and Kojima has a legion of followers
>>
File: Scene 3 3.jpg (108 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Scene 3 3.jpg
108 KB, 800x600
>>337319543
>remake
It's sequel to SH1 Bad Ending.
>>
3 has the most unnerving intro.

>warning
>company logo
>something that lasts long enough to be disturbing, not long enough for you to figure out what it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzH9ZpTMDBM
>>
>>337320454
just want to put this out there, heather is my waifu so don't try anything funny
>>
>>337320454
>>something that lasts long enough to be disturbing, not long enough for you to figure out what it is

And then what most resembles an crappy fan made music video using clips from the game abruptly interrupts.

I fucking hate the start up to Silent Hill 3.
>>
>>337321297
First time playing I didn't even register the music video, I was still trying to figure out the valve and dangling legs.
>>
>>337317642

Silent Hill 2 did this better. SM is shit.
>>
>>337321826
Fag
>>
>>337322179

Stay mad, Tomm
>>
>>337318140
You can't compare those. Silent Hill 2 plays is meant to delve into the protagonists psyche while SM tries to delve into the player psyche.
>>
lel
>>
>>337322587
Why did Team Sonic disband? Were they pressured by Konami or did they think they were done with Silent Hill?
>>
File: WarningENGa.jpg (125 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
WarningENGa.jpg
125 KB, 640x480
>>337317642
Nah
>>
>>337323876
>Team Sonic
>>
>>337323876
SH3 and Room were shit games.
>>
>>337323876

Teams are almost always only created for a specific project, when that project is over the team is disbanded. It's not unusual that Team Silent disbanded, it's unusual that they remained together for so long.

Also, people generally don't like to do the same shit over and over again. A common complaint amongst game developers is getting trapped into making endless sequels for a universe you just want to move on from. Fans may want more Silent Hill games but that doesn't mean the people making them want to keep doing it.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.