[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played a Zelda game except A Link Between Worlds and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: STANDPROUD.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
STANDPROUD.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1200
Never played a Zelda game except A Link Between Worlds and I really enjoyed it. Which game should I play from here?
>>
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
>>
>>337314952
Link's Awakening and Link to the Past, unless you're really keen on the NES games which have aged decently
>>
>>337314952
Honestly, any of the main series are fine starting games, 3D or 2D.
Take your pic, anon.
>>
>>337314952
LttP is trash, but LBW was pretty much designed to be its sequel. So start there.
>>
OP here, was thinking Ocarina but I didn't know how much I'd like the transition to 3D. How much different is it from 2D to 3D?
>>
Might as well play A Link to the Past since it's what A Link Between Worlds took its world map and most of its concepts from, and it's still one of the best Zelda games. Although it might come off as a bit blsnd having already played ALBW, because you'll already have seen a lot of the stuff in it before in some form.

If you like that (or just want a similar-but-different 2D Zelda game with a world that you haven't seen before), Link's Awakening DX is extremely good. And weird.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are probably the other must-plays, and definitely the best of the 3D ones. Wind Waker is also pretty good and has a lot of charm to it, though the pacing and dungeon design don't really stack up as well.
>>
>>337314952
Hyrule Warriors.
Is not a Zelda game, but it will motivate you to play almost every Zelda game
>>
>>337314952
Any game is fine

>>337315230
Not very. It's essentially the same thing
>>
>>337315230
Think the same basic mechanics, but transitioned into a 3D space. It's hard to explain, but they're both very similar and different at the same time. I would try Ocarina and see how you like it.
>>
the original
>>
>>337315230

Pretty different. If you have a Wii U I'd recommend Wind Waker HD as your first 3D Zelda otherwise OoT 3D is fine.
>>
3D Zelda in general is overrated as fuck and pretty much guaranteed to disappoint you. Just a heads-up.
>>
>>337314952
In this order
Link's awakening
A link to the past
Ocarina of time

Then play either the capcom GBA games which are also GOAT, or try the new vibe which is wind waker and minish cap
>>
Since no one mentioned them yet
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
>>
>>337315856
Hi Egoraptor
>>
>>337315826
Get the GC version. WW's visuals were completely demolished in the HD version.
>>
Play OoT, not only because it's the best in the franchise but also because the fact you haven't play the game which is consider the best of all time is just... shameful.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.