[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think its sad that people are into "video games"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-05-11 22-04-27.jpg (285 KB, 1111x847) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-11 22-04-27.jpg
285 KB, 1111x847
Anyone else think its sad that people are into "video games" for the money and dont even play the original game?
>>
It's a job
>>
>Actor hasn't heard of the source material for a movie adaptation.

This probably happens all the time, not just with vidya movies.
>>
>>337305135

It doesn't matter if he played the game, he just needs to read a script.
>>
File: 1368206000917.jpg (21 KB, 520x638) Image search: [Google]
1368206000917.jpg
21 KB, 520x638
I'd rather have a movie with good actors who don't care about the content rather than bad actors who like the content. I don't give a SHIT about what actors like because that's not what puts my ass in a theater seat.
>>
>>337305135
Video gamers are losers though, if he played warcraft he probably wouldn't be as far as he is today.
>>
>>337305135
>Actor doesn't know the source material for a show or movie they are in

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE
>>
Literally everybody who has ever worked on a video game past the year 1990 has worked on it solely for money. Money makes everything go, including video games.
>>
The actors don't matter, now if the director didn't knew the franchise, that would be something else.
>>
File: 1459264614979.jpg (57 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1459264614979.jpg
57 KB, 960x960
Who cares.
Warcraft movie is going to be a piece of shit and a blunder no matter what anyways, not unlike the series it is based off of.
>>
>>337305435
Fimmel strikes me as being in the same tier as Momoa, great in TV but utter shit in film.
>>
Yeah, imagine how much better it would be if was a proud orc shaman LOK'TAR OGAR. That would really draw in the crowds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljfYP29oFVg
>>
File: OUR GUY.jpg (408 KB, 1179x908) Image search: [Google]
OUR GUY.jpg
408 KB, 1179x908
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/warcraft-movie-actor-i-credit-world-of-warcraft-wi/1100-6434332/

BASED AS FUCK

"He explains that after the success of his BBC show EastEnders, he had trouble dealing with the fame. He turned into something of an agoraphobe to avoid people, which ultimately brought him to World of Warcraft.

Kazinsky says once he got hooked, he played the game 18 hours a day, ordering Chinese food constantly and putting out cigarettes in days-old Coke cans. He gained an estimated 50 pounds.

"This game suddenly became my life," he said. "This game would slowly give me rewards and it allowed me to talk to people and make friends who were judging me anonymously. So I was able to forge new relationships that didn't come with any preconceptions."

These in-game rewards positively affected his real-world confidence.

"And before you know it, I was able to have a little bit of self-belief again," Kazinsky explained. "I credit World of Warcraft with saving my life.""
>>
>>337305749
>he escaped
>im still here
>>
You know who examined the source material before making a game movie? Bob Hoskins. He hated what he'd made, but at least he knew what he was getting into.

IIRC Jake Gyllenhaal wanted PoP to prove game based movies really could be good.

What difference does it make who knows what, as long as the movie is good. Sometimes staying too close to the source material hurts the film. Seems like a good games and a good movie are often unrelated.
>>
>>337305749
Which dindu is he playing?
All the orcs look the same
>>
>>337305135
As opposed to choosing a fan as the lead role who's also a terrible actor?
>>
>>337305135
I'd be more worried if the director or whoever never heard of it.
>>
Should of got Henry Cavill to be a lead roll.

He loved WoW
>>
>>337305135
You should be thankful he never played wow you dipshit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.