[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TIMEWALKING AND TWINKING CONFIRMED -DEAD-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: CiOKxS0VAAElXzI.jpg large.jpg (14 KB, 1023x103) Image search: [Google]
CiOKxS0VAAElXzI.jpg large.jpg
14 KB, 1023x103
TIMEWALKING AND TWINKING CONFIRMED -DEAD-
>>
>>337304032
what the fuck? why
>>
>>337304201
set bonuses go against class fantasy
>>
File: 1462918708819.png (141 KB, 313x252) Image search: [Google]
1462918708819.png
141 KB, 313x252
>>337304032
ITS HAPPENING
>>
>>337304032
who the fuck cares, nobody with a brain plays this shit anyways

go back to /wowg/
>>
>Forge your own path through The Broken Isles. Level-up zones no longer have level ranges and instead creatures, foes, and rewards scale to your character level allowing you to play through those zones and their dungeons at any level.
I don't know how I feel about this.
>>
File: 6585L.png (206 KB, 416x355) Image search: [Google]
6585L.png
206 KB, 416x355
>>337304032
R.I.P 30 second evasion cooldown
>>
>>337304032

Is this only for the beta test or an actual thing happening at launch?
>>
>>337304954
Happening for launch
>>
>>337304737
>go to /wowg/
>it's just a bunch of namefags, character selfies, and transmog circlejerks

yeah no
>>
legacy servers can't go fast enough
>>
>>337304792
On PvP servers, things will be a mess for people who don't want to get picked off by max level players while leveling their alt.

Last I recall, the balance between levels is still drastically crazy for PvP.
>>
>>337305551
exactly, the perfect embodiement of what this garbage fucking facebook game has become, now stay in your containment thread
>>
>>337304201

Because tryhards were farming/hanging onto old sets to use their bonuses in current content (usually by putting on the old gear, activating some sort of "boost damage for x seconds" cooldown that the old gear's bonus buffed, then switching back to the new gear right before a fight started,) and Blizzard didn't want to make people feel obligated to farm old content in order to min/max current content. Normally they fix this shit by changing the specific set bonuses that create these issues as they come up, but I suppose they just decided it made more sense to just future-proof (present-proof?) every set bonus in the game at once.

That said, it would probably be better for them to only switch them off in content designed for tryhards (mythic raids/dungeons, rated PvP) and/or base it on level rather than shut them off entirely. Timewalking in particular should be a situation where they're still usable.
>>
>>337307165
And going back farming that old content elongates play time.
>Put in this change
>Timewalking is boring now
>I guess I'll go quit since i have no meaning to farm old raids anymore..
>>
>>337304792
guild wars 2 had this if i can recall

i heard that current wow has a problem of outleveling a zone before you can burn through all the content that the zone has

this is their band-aid solution
>>
>>337308564
Blizz should stop taking things from other games. If i wanted to play GW2. I'll play GW2.
>>
>>337306595
lol autism
>>
>>337307165
>Because tryhards were farming/hanging onto old sets to use their bonuses in current content

No.

The only set bonus in the entire game that actually helped you in any noptable was was the 2 Piece Tier 5 pet healing bonus for Hunters when soloing difficult old raids, so you do a slow and steady method while keeping your pet from dying.
>>
>>337309330
It's literally a perfect system though. Level where you feel like leveling, all it needs is to be extended to the rest of the game except stop at the expansions cap.
>>
>>337304792

It'll be cool for the leveling, but it will be a nuisance at max.

Say right you want to go back and just get some old missed quests or treasures done in Shadowmoon Valley at 100. The mobs are push overs, you outgear and level them. You feel your power.

In Legion, every zone will be scaled to level cap, so it will be as if all mobs in the world are scaled to the strength of North Wastern Nagrand right now.

It'll probably make me care less about going out and doing old shit I missed.
>>
>>337309819

Except that problem doesn't affect new zones. You won't outlevel any WoD zone before you finish it.

That problem is with old vanilla-Cata zones, which this change does nothing for.
>>
>>337310086
Yes you can because they reduced the exp needed for 90-100.

You out level shadowmoon half way through.
>>
>>337310313

I've leveled 11 characters, I've never outleveled the mobs of any of the zones before finishing their "main arc" achievement, even within heirlooms, mobs were never greyed and weren't hitting the +4 reduction of EXP.
>>
>>337309330
well i don't think the level scaling is trying to be like gw2 kinda thing

they just did it because of the broken pacing and leveling that the game has
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.