[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stellaris Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132 KB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132 KB, 1920x818
>play as Commonwealth of Man
>receive quest to look for lost colony ship
>survey these systems
>already surveyed two of them
>game doesn't realize this
>can't complete the quest
Bravo, Johan.
>>
I'm about to pirate it
>>
>>337303903
You probably should. Like every recent Paradox game, it won't be good for another 2-4 DLC. It's incredibly barebones right now.
>>
Never trust birds.
>>
Bombing planets with weapons of mass destruction when? I want to whipe out the alien scum with nuclear weapons and then take their empty planets
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 KB, 344x20) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 KB, 344x20
>>337304015
I might actually buy it because I like space games and want to incentivize devs making more of them.
>>
>>337304015
>It's incredibly barebones right now.
for a new 4x release its actually really good
>>
File: thrawn.jpg (317 KB, 640x870) Image search: [Google]
thrawn.jpg
317 KB, 640x870
This game is broke as fuck. Which especially sucks since at least it doesn't crash like their other games do. God damn it they should've delayed it 2 months.
>>
>>337304230
Multiplayer is fantastic in this game.
>>
>>337303804
You can complete it. I actually found my colony ship in a completely unrelated system that was near one of the systems it said I have to look at.
>>
I pirated it, spent from about 3pm-midnight playing yesterday.
Invade->Vassalise->Integrate->Enslave
That's my motto. I don't know why they keep falling for it.
>>
File: 1462241608641.jpg (3 MB, 2800x1232) Image search: [Google]
1462241608641.jpg
3 MB, 2800x1232
>>337303980
Its not really rock paper scissors. My first game I focuses entirely on projectiles and armour and was still able to beat ships that had higher tech lasers just because I had 3 or 4k more power in my fleet.
>>
>>337303804
>play stellaris
>colonize 5 planets
>colonize a bunch more for the AI to manage on your behalf
t-thanks
>>
>>337304708
You really dont want to get too many planets, it ramps up your research like mad
>>
>>337304708
>manage
I wish. Have they acknowledged that the AI doesn't do shit?
>>
As someone who enjoys playing more Pacifistic playstyles, what should I be focusing on if not conquering everyone?

Teching up really far?
Creating/joining a Federation?
Letting the smaller nations kill each other?
Have small wars anyways (but purely for the purposes of emancipation and independence of course)?
>>
>>337304291
Hardly. Diplomacy, combat, and planet management are all fairly simplistic across the board, and the GS elements are lacking compared to any other vanilla Paradox title. I can't get over how worthless the POPs in this game are. Even Endless Space had more complex economics and combat, to say nothing of Endless Legend or older shit like GalCiv or Sins.
>>
>>337303804
I love how paradox babbies go to full defense when someone questions shit mechanics this game offers, like autistic lol so randum tech system and shallow combat system.
>>
>>337304910
You should still be focusing on conquering everyone, since that's the only way to win the game or make any meaningful engagements with the AI.
>>
File: alice eve wut marcus1.jpg (24 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
alice eve wut marcus1.jpg
24 KB, 570x300
>>337304781
Yeah I hate when my research goes fast
>>
>>337304929
All those complaints are the exact same for every single other GSG or 4x game at release.

Fact is both these genres always start out "barebones". It takes years to reach completion. Because the basic barebones is still more complicated than most other games, its not easy to make a good 4x/GSG game.
>>
Is it ok to stay with the starting weapons, or should I research alien weapons?

Like, Plasma guns seem like a straight upgrade to laser beams, torpedoes to missiles and autocanons to mass drivers

Also I wonder if large weapons are better than multiple small ones. Seems to do about the same amount of damage, except small ones are faster.

According to the wiki, mass drivers actually have longer range than lasers
>>
>>337305136
*ramps up the cost of research

Its faster to be a tall empire rather than a wide one
>>
>>337305136
He is saying it does the opposite, which is true.
>>
>>337304910
You have to be extremely careful in your diplomatic relations, it becomes its own minigame just trying to stay in everyones good books.

Although getting war declared on you is normally not too punishing diplomatically with other factions, having to go to war (or joining an alliance that drags you into one) can be a serious hit.

Most people on /v/ underestimate how hard diplomacy is for people who want to be peaceful because they are always running around going "LOL WAR DECLARED ON ERRYONE, OMG DIPLOMACY SHIT WHY EVERYONE HATE ME"
>>
>>337305319
>>337305339
Why does it cost more with more planets? Shouldn't it be faster as you have more research resources? Feels like mine is going much faster with more
>>
>>337305252
depends on how you play it out really, smaller weapons have a smaller engagement range, but will usually do a little more dps once you've closed range. When it doesn't, you are basically putting better odds for damage rolls by making more, since shooting 10 times for 1 damage and missing a couple times is nothing, but shooting 1 time for 10 and missing does absolutely nothing.
>>
>>337305559
It's faster if your planets are super high quality. If your planets just have lots of pops and not much research contribution, then it's super slow.

The research is scaled according to pop. If you have a planet with 20 pops working food, it's just making your research slower while contributing literally nothing. That's just an extreme example though, usually you have at least some research on a planet. Not necessarily a lot though.
>>
>>337305559
>Each technology has a cost to unlock, which must be paid for in research resources. The cost is the pre-set base cost of each technology multiplied by 2% for every pop in the empire over 10.
>The formula is Base cost x 1 + 0.02(Totals pops in empire - 10) = Cost
>Having a research agreement treaty with another empire gives a -25% cost reduction on any technology already unlocked by that empire. This stacks additively with the cost modifier from pops.

Yes, having more resources can offset this increase in cost, im sure if someone did the math you could find the best ratio of resources to pop.
>>
>>337305212
Stellaris isn't just barebones, though - it's relatively barebones. Single-phase RPS combat is worse than ES or GC2 (especially with GC2's flexible ship designer. Three types of resources are significantly fewer than most 4X titles, like vanilla Civ V. Despite the breadth of the ethics/government system, you've still got more homogenized playstyles than Endless Legend, on top of a simpler economy and fewer victory conditions. The AI has hardly any personality. Again, the GS elements are really pitiful compared to shit like Distant Worlds or even vanilla CK2, which had considerably more mechanics and systems to manage.
>>
>Cannot rebind keys

Like, wtf Paradox
>>
>>337305963
See >>337305212

All 4x/GSG games start barebones, that is true of literally every single one except those that specialize in one area over another, in turn ruining other areas of those games.

Going around claiming Stellaris is shit because every single feature in comparison to specific features in multiple different games that all have different focuses that were made years ago with multiple updates and expansions is stupid.
>>
>>337305718
>>337305721
>>The formula is Base cost x 1 + 0.02(Totals pops in empire - 10) = Cost
Oh thanks I didn't know that. My planets are pretty high tech except for 1 which was recently colonized so I guess it's offset. Plus got lots of research resources so even tho it costs a lot more it's still going pretty quick.
>>
>Unbidden happened
>AI does absolutely nothing against it

Great game.
>>
>>337306189
I'm referring specifically to vanilla versions of games, all of which had more overall depth than Stellaris. The only thing Stellaris had over vanilla GC2, for instance, would be POPs, and even then those POPs are rudimentary at best. GC2 had better vanilla dipomacy, better vanilla combat, better vanilla management, better vanilla AI, etc. It was all around a more robust, complex game at launch than Stellaris was. The same applies to shit like Distant Worlds, or even vanilla Sins of a Solar Empire. Stellaris simply doesn't have enough features/complex enough features to excel as either a GS or a 4X game and, in that sense, it's a mediocre, barebones title. Seriously, depth of interaction in the game is really pathetic for how much of it there is.
>>
>>337304910
Pacifist =/= not building up your military. Find a guy that's strong militarily but doesn't go on a war-mongering spree for an alliance and you are set. To expand, focus on exploring and uplifiting races by frontier outposts.

Only if there's an asshole that everybody hates should you go on an offensive war. Remember to carve it up into individual planets by liberating them with your ally into tiny planets to make vassaling and integrating them easier.

>>337304929
Pops in this game is better than ever other space game, what other game lets you enslave, purge, re-educate, forcibly genetically alter to be compliant and min-max genetically to be a scientist/miner/super-soldier all while balancing their ethics so they would stop killing each other?
>>
>>337306856
>what other game lets you enslave, purge, re-educate, forcibly genetically alter to be compliant and min-max genetically to be a scientist/miner/super-soldier all while balancing their ethics so they would stop killing each other?
Alpha Centauri.
>>
>>337306834
>all of which had more overall depth than Stellaris.
This is entirely revisionist history. Go play 1.0 version of any other 4x game, they are all as barebones as Stellaris is now.
>>
>>337306834
>Better Diplomacy
That's plain wrong though, not only do you have to balance randomly generated governments, you also have to deal with the shit ton of vassals popping out, balancing war demands and federations/alliance

>Better Vanilla combat
How is it better when both of them are rock-paper-scissors? At least Stellaris have size and range factors into it so it's not just slapping guns on the biggest hulls.

>Better Management
That's true, game needs a lot mre automation in construction and surveying

>Better AI
That's the selling point of GC2 like Pops in Stellaris but it was as buggy as Stellaris is at launch.
>>
File: Oh god.jpg (1 MB, 2553x1909) Image search: [Google]
Oh god.jpg
1 MB, 2553x1909
>people shitting on randomized research

LITERALLY the best fucking thing about this game. Now no longer is there an optimized 'build' with no room for error or substitutions. No longer do you need to rush vital technology or else you'll automatically lose even if you excel in other areas. No longer is the game super boring unrealistic 'oh hur dur I invent bronze then iron pffff' bullshit in every other game.

If real life science worked like in most games, do you think humans would have expanded and developed the way they did? Hell no. They would have focused on getting some kind of antibacterial drugs in the goddamn bronze ages. But is that what happened? No. Because you can't always tell what comes and goes around the corner.

That, combined with the fact you can find rare techs from events or random chance, as well as investigating debris to get more advanced or alien technology is just fantastic. Forcing different empires to have different technological development is perfect.

Anyway, bravo paradox. You've made one of if not THE best research/science system in any game I've ever played to date. Bravo.
>>
What's the recommended civ size for those who like to play on a huge map?

I want enough to keep the game interesting and not but not get boxed in by two-three empires.
>>
>>337307094
SMAC has none of those things what the fuck are you talking about
Are SMAC fags the new (old?) Dark Souls fags?
>>
>>337308081
They are just nostalgic as fuck.
>>
>>337306834
Vanilla GC2 was not a more deep game than Stellaris. It did have a more interesting ship customization system, but it was not better otherwise. You have some rose tinted goggles on.

Sins of a Solar Empire I don't know why you even bring up. That one had the depth of a puddle.
>>
>>337308013
Its inevitable that you will get boxed in somewhere.

I played on large with only 18 empires and found I had plenty of room to grow.
>>
>>337307673
The idea is good.
The execution is a bit off.
I started with mass driver weapons, but rather than pursue our first dedicated method of interstellar warfare further, I was only offered research projects for other experimental weaponry types.

They should somewhat expand on the card mechanic, allowing (expensive?) redraws and discards at least.

>>337308013
I played with 15 civilizations on the default map and was quite happy, got boxed in fairly late and punched through somebody to get to some open part of the galaxy.

>>337308081
That is the most odd comparison I have ever read.
You single out the Dark Souls audience as the single example of nostalgic complainers?
>>
>>337305319
I've got 3 planets, including my capital. Is that bad? When does it start increasing dramatically?
>>
>>337307576
>That's plain wrong though
No, it's not. The United Planets and control thereof could dramatically alter the course of the game thanks to tech trading mandates, speed limits, neutrality laws, etc. The diplomatic AI was more complex and you could project force beyond what you actually had. Trade was more robust, with routes and direct resource exchanges alike. You also had minor races and border wars/influence.

>How is it better when both of them are rock-paper-scissors?
GalCiv had a better ship customizer and multiple combat rounds, on top of more shit to do in planetary invasions.
>>
File: Human.png (1 MB, 1106x800) Image search: [Google]
Human.png
1 MB, 1106x800
Im gonna post the empires I've made. Currently midway through my first campaign as pic related.
>>
Can you make a fungus empire infect and assimilate other species?
>>
>>337308081
You can enslave, purge, and forcibly re-educate all populaces in AC, though, on top of dealing with various ethical ramifications and developments.
>>
>>337308464
It starts increasing at 2% for every pop past 10.

You can have as big an empire as you want, it'll just be slower if you don't invest in lots of research. Its a cost/benefit thing.

At the very least though you should reach the max controllable planets you can hold, its on the top bar of the UI (normally 5. 6 or 7 if you have certain governments)
>>
File: Capture2.png (1 MB, 1076x773) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
1 MB, 1076x773
>>337308591
my science boys for next playthrough
>>
>>337303804
SUFFER NOT THE NEUTRALS TO WHATEVER.
>>
File: Capture3.png (1 MB, 1086x754) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
1 MB, 1086x754
>>337308736
>>337308591
>>
>>337308714
Thanks a lot for the help anon.
>>
File: Capture4.png (1 MB, 1069x760) Image search: [Google]
Capture4.png
1 MB, 1069x760
>>337308847
>>337308736
>>337308591
>>
File: Capture5.png (1 MB, 1095x752) Image search: [Google]
Capture5.png
1 MB, 1095x752
>>337308953
>>337308847
>>337308736
>>337308591
>>
Game needs a huge economy/trade DLC and Diplomacy DLC.
>>
>>337309062
Yes, please give Paradox a bigger green light on DLC. They really need the incentive.
>>
>>337309303
>implying good DLC isnt worth the money
figgit
>>
>>337309303
ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWER! Disabled gamers of the world unite!
>>
>>337308591
>>337308736
>>337308827
>>337308847
>>337308953
>>337309059
>no bio

Not autistic enough. Fuck off with this minimum effort shit.
>>
>>337304468
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU VASSALISE.

It's one of my demand/reason for the war. My war points are at 100%. Invaded 2 of their planets. Only their home world remains. All I can do at negotiation is force a white peace. How demand vassalisation??
>>
What am I suddenly doing wrong? My second game was fun as hell until I pissed off fallen empire, but I unlocked nice tech along the way.

But now on my third and fourth game I've been stuck for hours with just starter weapons and neighbour empires just steamroll my ships, since they got missiles and lasers already. My pacifist space slugs havent even gotten shields research yet and I already have destroyers.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>337309895
Demoralize them. Kill their citizens and win multiple naval battles.
>>
>>337309762
make your own and post it then, dipstick
>>
File: vassal.jpg (378 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vassal.jpg
378 KB, 1920x1080
>>337309895
nevermind figured it out. Click on vassalize under your demands hahaha. Could have done that like an hour ago.
>>
>>337310024
Poor RNG mostly probably.

>>337309895
>>337310092
With 100% warscore it should be forced to go through. Not sure why not.
There are a lot of bugged interactions with war goals with the release build. Yours might be one of them.

You can also vassalize peacefully if somebody near you is pathetic enough to want the 'protection'.
>>
How fast is wormhole travel? Faster than hyperspace?
>>
>get 8 anomalies
>10-30% chance of failure for each
>all 8 yield absolutely nothing
>>
>>337310839
If there isn't a hyperspace lane, yes. It's also very unpredictable.

I prefer it
>>
>Start as militant republic Humans
>Star system next to Sol has crystaliod life forms spawning constantly
>Kill them and use research their tech
>Obtain crystal energy weapons and regenerating hulls
>Tech level soars, my ships quickly become the most advanced in the verse
>All the civs near me are young, up coming empires
>The other half of the map is dominated by more well established empires
>I get the "new kids" to form an alliance and share some (though not all) of my ridiculous ship tech with them
>We proceed to invade and defeat the old empires

I love emergent gameplay.
>>
>>337310839
Depends on the fleet size. Small fleets or lone ships can travel extremely rapidly, almost instantly, to anywhere in range.
Large fleets can take a few days to open a wormhole.
>>
>>337310959
I just did hyperlanes which was pretty fun, but im focusing on core worlds now so I want whatever is fastest so I can cover my own territory quickly.

Wormholes it is
>>
>>337310225
So got my vassals. Now what? Do I get resources from them? Can I tax them?
>>
this game looks incredible fun is it worth it? Also how would I do if I just made a hyper agressive race?
>>
File: Capture.png (983 KB, 1045x717) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
983 KB, 1045x717
Time for diplomacy. Wonder how long I can last without any wars.

I bet I spawn sandwiched between multiple fallen empires or something horrid
>>
>>337311120
I think Hyperlanes would be MUCH cooler if you limited your game to only hyperlanes.

As is, they don't have the flexibility to compete with wormholes. The enemy can be anywhere at any time and you'll be chasing wild geese constantly.

Warp is just shit.
>>
>>337311325
its pretty good.

you would be fine, as long as you dont piss off anyone far larger than yourself.
>>
File: Capture6.png (1 MB, 1110x746) Image search: [Google]
Capture6.png
1 MB, 1110x746
>>
>>337311285
You get some of their shit, and you can absorb them completely after awhile.
They also help you in wars.

>>337311008
>get really good ship tech cards
>only run into neutral entities later on
>make the mistake of surveying all the debris
>stuck with a bunch of relatively worthless techs cluttering up my tech options for the rest of the game

>>337311473
All hyperlanes is really fun.

>>337311325
I'd say no right now.
Most paradox games are 'worth it' overall(DLC not-withstanding)
This release is particularly buggy so I'd wait for the first rounds of patch.
Just pirate now if you're interested. It is good despite the broken shit.
>>
>>337310959
You can basically teleport to your wormholes but they cost 75 mins and you ahve to build them. So its slow to expand and you have to build a network .

Its gets tough if you are at war with a guy far away from your nearest wormhole because it will be nearly impossible to get to him to win the war.

At the same time if you have a good network you can pop in and out of offense and defense with ease.
>>
>>337311473
Yeah, the only issue is that the AI wouldnt appreciate hyperlanes as much as the player. You could take advantage of them pretty easily
>>
>>337311409
basic ass alien niggas
>>
>>337311664
75 mins is like 1 corvette
>>
>>337311659
>This release is particularly buggy
Whats buggy? I havnt come across a single issue
>>
>>337311736
Say that to my face and not online and see what happens

Ill shove an embassy right up your arse and get you on good terms with my race you kind sir
>>
File: 20160511211616_1.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160511211616_1.jpg
311 KB, 1920x1080
>find atomic age N'Wahs on the brink of nuclear annilation
>invade and enslave them
Crisis averted, it feels good doing the right thing.
>>
>>337311325
Its fun. Most pardox vets are not satasfied with how simple it is, but you need to understand how complex the rest of the paradox games are.

Its the best intro game to the genre and only 40 dollars. Why not try it?

The DLC expansions are almost always free except for one or two features and you can buy them basically as a thank you to paradox. Most players are older and have jobs so giving paradox $15 twice a year isn't the same thing as giving EA $60 for greedo and a map.

Its more like EA giving you the map and if you want greedo you can throw them a tip.
>>
I hope I'm making the right decision waiting a few months before getting the game. Maybe I'll get it for Christmas. Played the hell outta Vicky 2
>>
>>337311989
>I hope I'm making the right decision waiting a few months before getting the game.
As if you are doing any else more important in your time
>>
>>337303903
I pirated it, you should as well. Wait until its full release(all content) and at a reasonable price.
>>
>>337308953
>mushrooms
>slow breeders
>>
>>337311761
yeah but if you build a wormhole in your home system you can travel only to neighboring systems. then you have to build another. If you want to across the galaxy you'll need alot of wormholes.

I like it the best but i'm just saying there are cons to the system .
>>
>>337312043
just playing through DaS1 2 and 3 at this point
>>
>>337311801
One of the three final crisis bosses are bugged and you can't finish their event.

You can have neverending wars if you declare war for planet X and somebody else also declares war and takes it for themselves first.

Slavery has zero downside as their faction can't rebel. This bug was deliberately put in the game temporarily as their slavery faction system existing prior was apparently far too unforgiving. So they just disabled it completely until they iron out a solution.
So you can just enslave everyone you conquer and have no penalty at all ever.

Are the primary bugs I am aware of.
I also feel it needs a little bit of surface polish on the balance side but whatever.
>>
>>337312140
Honestly I haven't had any problem with it. The starting wormhole range is huge, the stations are cheap and build fast. Only con is you can't explore the other side of the galaxy or go on really far expeditions.
>>
I put in 30 hours since it's been released, called in sick to work. My eyes are bloodshot and I have barely slept. Am probably gonna give it a break until the weekend. It's a fun game.
>>
>>337312106
Not all fungi breed like wildfire.
Some have considerable gestation periods before they spread their babby dust around
>>
>>337312359
That seems hardly worthy of worrying about. The vast majority of the game works fine.
>>
distant worlds is better
>>
>>337312534
Nope.
>>
>>337311921

i hope something like this happens to us before we kill each other or go full WE WUZ KANGZ
>>
>>337312534
I like Distant Worlds for a lot of things, but I think Stellaris is already more polished than DW after like 5 expansions.

Just needs more content to match.
>>
File: help.png (1 MB, 1280x1025) Image search: [Google]
help.png
1 MB, 1280x1025
oh god what do I do
they just trashed a 1.2k fleet of mine that was my largest
They have frigates and cruisers, I don't
I can't even tell what they want from the war, other than 'fuck you'.
>>
>>337312493
Well all three are pertinent to my first game so they struck home a bit too sharply.
I just gave my opinion and presented that such bugs do exist.
Still up to whoever reads my posts to judge the severity of the bugs though.
>>
>>337312779
Insult them

True me anon, I have your best interests at heart
>>
>>337312779
click that icon on the bottom right that says 4%. It will tell you the war demands/objectives.
>>
So sectors can't build planetary capitals? Right? So it's best to build up your planet to get a planetary capital and then join it to a sector?
>>
What is the best way to start? I played a little bit into my first game and it took about me 7 years to colonize my first planet
>>
>>337312779
Based on your mineral stockpile you are fucked.
There is the option to enable war economy which gives insane boosts as long as you're losing, but I don't think even those would get you anywhere close to the production needed to fight that, which is probably at around 6k minerals. Before they won the war at least.

Click the warscore display in the bottom right corner to see their goals and offer deals.
>>
>>337313094
>What is the best way to start?
Whatever works for you
>>
>>337312938
>>337313119
>inb4 goal is purge the xeno
>>
File: godawful.png (1 MB, 1280x1025) Image search: [Google]
godawful.png
1 MB, 1280x1025
>>337312938
Alright. They just want a frontier sector of mine that I was trying to build up to cockblock them.

>>337313119
Doing that bad? This is my first game, and I didn't restart after fumbling around in the beginning, going broke et al. I thought I was doing pretty well, what with my breadth of colonization/control, but they definitely have the better of me.
>>
>>337313276
Oh, uh. I have started slamming out ships at every available shipyard that can build them. That's why there's no stockpile at all.
>>
>>337312779
Enjoy becoming a vassal cuckboi
>>
>>337313276
I wasn't commenting on how well you were doing overall. Though based on year and your incomes you're not doing too well. But bad RNG can do that to you. And it's a more fun position to play from in my opinion.

I'm saying you're probably fucked in that specific war.
I just got out of fighting the not-tyranids(I'm the one complaining about the associated not-a-pun bug), and I've gone through around 70k ship strength to wipe out around 120k of theirs.
Research and energy are completely trivial to me at the stage I'm at, and I get that they're a final boss. I like that design. It's just that if you're taking massive military casualties in war with a very serious opponent that matches your strength and got a couple of lucky battles, you really need a huge mineral stockpile+income to produce your way back into the war. Otherwise you lose.

Energy is what ultimately determines your maximum navy size, but until you get your 850/800 fleet limit and outgun everyone else in the galaxy combined, minerals are what'll restrict your ability to wage constant war(or defend constantly against one of the late game bosses).
>>
>Just want to purge xeno scum
>Surrounded by those fucking crystal aliens
>Every sector around me has 4 of them at 270 strength
>Cannot expand
>Cannot do shit but slowly buiild corvettes to wipe them out
>By the time I clear everything out, I'm surrounded on all sides by people pissed off at me with vastly superior everything

That's bullshit. This happens everytime I want to fight people.
>>
File: 1458615297055.png (1 MB, 852x854) Image search: [Google]
1458615297055.png
1 MB, 852x854
Is warp really that shitty? And are wormholes really that good? Everyone talks like wormholes are basically the only correct choice, but it seems like it would be a pain in the ass having to build them everywhere you want to go, and that invading your enemies would be difficult.
>>
>>337314002
Because you're doing it wrong, the Imperium didn't start with a purge the xeno ethos.
That came later
>>
>>337314068
Wormholes are the best for mid game peace time.
Warp is pretty good for early game and if the enemy is smart enough to knock out wormhole gates
>>
>>337314002
>Hyperspacefags

lel
>>
File: Attopian Imperial Worlds.jpg (238 KB, 1100x762) Image search: [Google]
Attopian Imperial Worlds.jpg
238 KB, 1100x762
Since the game doesn't give you the option to write in flavor text I just did it myself with Paint.

One of my favorite things from the old Space Empires game as a kid was to come up with loads of alien races. This game will work nicely for me.
>>
>>337314068
Hyperdrive makes warp redundant.

So its really just preference for hyperdrive vs wormhole.
>>
>>337314462
>first weapon was a crossbow
>bronze age
0/10 lore
>>
>>337314068
Wormholes give you the ability to hop great distances in a few turns. You can instantly defend a planet or retreat a fleet that is within range of your WH stations. The ability to hop from one point to another also means you can strategically flank entire empires or move across huge chasms of space (spiral galaxy).

The downside though is that WH travel has a 'warm-up' period before each jump that scales with fleet size. They also cost energy to maintain and territory to build.
>>
>>337314068
You can always research other FTL methods, and even use the fourth one when you find it
>>
>>337314519
Sure thing buddy
>attack hypercuck
>they have a massive chokepoint in the middle of their empire
>warp to it from a weird angle on a different galactic arm
>suddenly everything they have are in two manageable halves
ahhh
>>
>>337314853
I don't believe you can research other FTL methods. Except for the fourth one.
>>
I'm retarded and Civ 5 is the most complicated strategy game I've played, would I be able to pick this up?
>>
>>337314630

One of my favorite things about Sci-Fi is the general difference in the way that races and species may advance differently from humans. For example, imaging a race with modern day levels of medicine and communications technology, but with iron age weaponry and armor. Why? Because of different biology and the general desires of their cultures.

Personally, I looked at the insect's portrait for a lot of inspiration on this one. Imagine them trying to use a bow, the best they could make with that slumped posture and stubby arms would be a short bow, which would probably just bounce off the hard shells of their rivals. Similarly, a sword or axe would be extremely difficult to wield with any grace. However once hard metals like bronze could be invented, and a device strong enough to launch them (crossbow) could be made and held comfortably like a rifle, that could start the real era of warfare for the bug aliumz. That was the thought process anyway, you don't have to agree with me on it but I think it's pretty cool.
>>
>>337315137
Like anything, if you invest some time and thought; then yes.
This particular title doesn't require too much compared to some others.
>>
>>337315171
I don't think you can invent a crossbow without first making a bow. A crossbow is a relatively complex machine.

A Javelin or spear would be more likely I think.
>>
I can't believe how soulless this release is considering it was made by Paradox. No cool stories to tell, no intrigue, nothing. That's their THING and it's not present at all here.
>>
>>337315409

As I was saying, it's kind of science fictiony, so things may not go as they normally did.

Remember, look at the bugs there. How could anyone throw a spear with that body? The shoulders are too high for the long end of the spear to rest over them, the only way to throw something would to to weakly 'push' it forward. it just wouldn't work with that body type. As stated, they could have created the crossbow after many years of typical biting/wrestle fighting in tribal wars before someone figured it out. It's not like real life needs you to go bow->crossbow->gun->better gun. It's according to the needs and resources of a society.
>>
>>337315026
>you warp somewhere
>im already there
Get rekt
>>
>>337315171
Then make a totally new weapon, 'aliens but they did crossbow' first is pretty lame
>>
>move my original species to an alien planet
>they stay there long enough for a "baby" pop to grow
>pop moves away leaving "baby" pop in a constant state of purgatory.
>can't move the pop with resettlement
>don't feel like wasting the influence to allow purging just to get rid of this one pop

God damn it.
>>
Any way to check on vassal integration status? I didn't pay attention to how long it'd take when I started it, unfortunately.
>>
>>337315947
They could've made something like the chu'ko'nu with its lack of much driving power, but could apply toxins to the bolts.
>>
>>337303903
>>337304468
>>337312090
>>337311659
DO NOT PIRATE IT

PLEASE
PLEASE BUY IT SO MORE CONTENT CAN COME OUT

If not for the content think of Johan.
>>
>>337315947

What would you prefer? If its a device that uses cords to fire bolts but its called a Shcuk-Gurrurgack?

It's an alien crossbow, similar enough to just call it that. No need to get fiesty.
>>
>>337313276
your fleets are so weak. by all means dont just have one giant blob, but you REALLY need to have some larger fleets overall.
>>
How the fug does Terraforming work?
>>
>>337308714
Yeah I realized this the hard way. I rolled slow-breeding highly-adaptives with the intention do building wide. I also took spiritualism so I could have theocratic oligarchy for extra planets in my demesne, ended up with 5 arid worlds, 3 of them were max size, 2 Gaia size 16. My research took forever until I got robots and was able to finally crank out minerals and put my dudes on food. After that I skyrocketed up and the fallen empire I spawned near became not patronizing, but friendly. I was super lucky I spawned next to 2 empires that all shared xenophile and spiritual with me, and the fallen empire was spiritual also so we had a sort of entente. Never had to fight a war yet but my fleet is modern for the purpose of clearing out the endless void clouds and space amoebas (what you think I actually tolerate non-sentients?)

I am hoping to avoid an AI coup. Found some feudalists, a proto-civ, hoping to uplift both for to slave
>>
dude purge lmao
>>
>>337316457
pay shekels and terraforming resources to turn a planet one turn around the wheel of temperature/humidity
after building a terraforming station above it.
Ideally do not colonize first as the terraforming process pisses off everyone and it takes a long time.

I don't know if the terraforming resources are consumed or just used for the duration though.
>>
>>337314002
Turn off evasive stance and scoot past them. Then you can come back and smash them for their delicious crystal hides.
>>
>>337316339
Be creative
>>
Playing as a democracy and trying to fulfill manifestos is quite a fun way to play, but it's fucking annoying that you need influence to buy leaders and expand your territory, I wish those were separate resources.

Resource caps are bullshit too, they should be way higher or just not exist. That's my thoughts after playing for two days.
>>
>>337311989
Coming from CK2 this is definitely a different game. I barely feel like this is the clausewitz engine. That said, it could use a little more economic depth. And Jesus Christ for once will a paradox game let us position our troops manually
>>
>>337316970
You can unlock technologies that increase the cap

I am always at max energy and nobody wants any.
>>
>>337316716
Fug.
Seems like they will have to remain in the Jungle 4ever.

I'll terraform something else.
>>
I just bought this and I'll be playing it when I get home.

Does anyone have any tips for my first empire?

I was thinking of going for a Militaristic Despotic Empire of Man to begin with, keeping peaceful whilst researching for a good period and then taking opportunities to expand as a xenophobe/slaver.

After that I want to go full aggressive hive/insect mode.
>>
>>337312140
Anyone with mineral/energy bonus traits should be able to handle it
>>
File: godawful.png (1 MB, 1280x1025) Image search: [Google]
godawful.png
1 MB, 1280x1025
It hurts, but there will be a reckoning.
>>
File: ss (2016-05-12 at 12.48.39).jpg (480 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-12 at 12.48.39).jpg
480 KB, 1920x1080
help
>>
>>337317193
Pay attention to the tutorial, just don't build a second construction or science ship early. I only built my second science and construction ship in the mid game. Also, read and check through all the menus so you get oriented to the game.
>>
>>337316970
Mineral stockpile limit is fine, it's an interesting limit to production.
Energy limit is far too low and kinda weird.
Energy doesn't seem to have much value overall outside of fleet maintenance. All other energy costs are trivially small.

>>337317193
Don't go into an energy deficit. Minerals are your limiter early game.

If you spawn near another xenophobe they'll probably attack you eventually.

Try not to rely on the auto ship designer. It's somewhat fun to make the designs yourself, and they're stronger as well.
>>
>>337317331
bye bye anon
>>
>>337317193
Build mining stations anywhere you can find minerals and energy. Once income is good and plentiful you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>337316970
The agendas of all my presidents (elected and candidates) for the past 15 hours of my current empire have all been 'set up 4 mining stations' when there's nothing left to mine and I can't expand anymore.
I think it's a pretty shitty system honestly.
>>
>>337317363
Depending on your surroundings a second science ship early makes sense.
Don't need more construction ships until you're absorbing huge amounts of territory at once really.
They've both cheap either way though so it isn't too much of an issue.
>>
>>337310024
>Pacifist
>"What am I doing wrong!?"

You miss out on huge amounts of research - Especially that aimed at weaponry and ship defenses - By not slaughtering everything in your sight and scientifically scanning the debris from the wreckages. This is the most likely reason you're so behind.
>>
>>337317331
>26k fleet
I heard they were pretty easy desu, you might survive. If not pump out those ships and work on alliances.
>>
So how do I take advantage of all these crazy migration bonuses?

Migration doesn't even become a thing until like 30 years have passed in game.

Can I actually get shit from my people migrating to others?
>>
>>337310024
>>337317563
Since you lack weapons you might want to attack those space amoebas and crystals and hope you receive their crystal weapons as a research project. Don't know if that would work.
>>
>>337317612
They're not too hard if you're particularly big.
26k is pretty weak though.
>>
>>337317563
I'm playing a pacifist and I'm getting tons of weapon/ship/combat researches.
>>
>>337315137
This is a lot less mechanically complex than EU4 or CK2, and actually has a proper tutorial, which is voice acted. And the tutorial robot treats you like a military general, pope, head scientist, etc. It's quite nice compared to the usual paradox style of trial by fire and restarting a million times.
>>
>>337317772
He's refering to the free tech you get from scanning debris, which obviously only follows conflict.
>>
>>337317563
>Pacifist
>attacking
No anon, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>337315640
I like you.
>>
File: 20160512013507_1.jpg (276 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
20160512013507_1.jpg
276 KB, 1440x900
I've been having fun so far with it. At least I've learned that wormholes are far better than hyperdrives
>>
File: 1459878644710.gif (221 KB, 561x560) Image search: [Google]
1459878644710.gif
221 KB, 561x560
>>337317974
>I tell you this not only as your close confidant and adviser, but I suspect, your only friend.
>>
File: get rekt ugly mammal scum.jpg (478 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
get rekt ugly mammal scum.jpg
478 KB, 1920x1080
>>337317330
I got a war on three fronts from 2 different groups. Fucking cunts wants my resources
>>
>>337318052
Reading comprehension family. He's pointing out a downside of being pacifist, not telling the pacifist to start fights.

>>337317974
Ah I love that learning style.
Fuck you France I learned your ways.
>>
File: cold hands.png (4 KB, 225x238) Image search: [Google]
cold hands.png
4 KB, 225x238
What does /v/ do with primitives?

>mfw my reptilian space Jew civilization identifed two primitive molluscoid civilizations and currently infiltrating one of them
>>
>>337318225
>He's pointing out a downside of being pacifist
Its not a downside either
>>
>>337318351
PURGE
>>
File: Gnolam.jpg (12 KB, 146x159) Image search: [Google]
Gnolam.jpg
12 KB, 146x159
>>337318351
infiltrated two of them already, they are starting to like me. I have two stone age civs nearby, but they are not in my area of influence yet.

also
>my reptilian jew civilization

:)
>>
>>337318351
Depends on their stats. If they're strong you can uplift them and have them be your ground troops. If they're collectivist spiritualists you have space negroes, perfect for enslaving.

Anyone else find "sanctuary"?

In not strong enough to attack it yet but it was chilling when the chain got started. Imagine being intelligent life trapped in a hostile Halo.
Do not approach this facility under any circumstances.

"Well hey guys you've developed some sentients down there"

Your sensors are faulty.

Do not approach this facility under any circumstances
>>
>>337318610
Can't do anything but meme probe civilizations if they're too backwards.
>>
>piracy is worse than pedophilia
t. Johan

You guys didn't pirate it, did you?
>>
>>337318768
True, I wish there was more options though. For example, pretend that my species are gods and make an elaborate farce in order to control their planet.
>>
>>337318782
Will you buy it for me senpai?
>>
Has anybody encountered pirates past the early game?
>>
File: 1438492431263.gif (266 KB, 485x480) Image search: [Google]
1438492431263.gif
266 KB, 485x480
>>337318351
Found some atomic-age primitives. They are fanatic war-people and collectivists, as opposed to my Religious Individualists. I decided to enlighten them after studying them for a while.

They started out disrespecting me, even though I ascended them to the level of interstellar travel. But, I grew my fleet of carriers and destroyers and the dick-waving made the warrior race respect me.

They're my vassals and they've cleared out a lot of hostiles with their corvettes, leaving a lot of debris for me to scan.

Works out bretty gud.
>>
>species that have discovered FTL travel and are able to colonize stars can still be fanatic spiritualists who believe in a big guy in the sky

Not realistic at all. Inb4 >materialists fools
>>
File: WHAT THE FUCK.jpg (380 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WHAT THE FUCK.jpg
380 KB, 1920x1080
>implying the AI doesn't cheat
>>
>>337318782
Nah, I actually wanted to play multiplayer for this one. Day what you want, the PR leading up to this game was pretty good. The 30 player multiplayer with youtubers/streamers/reviewers made it seem like this is something doable, unlike literally any other paradox game.
>>
>>337304391
>game is broken as fuck
>game runs perfectly fine

Which is it?
>>
>>337318782
I like what I've seen so far, but it needs more content, clearly, which will of course be coming very soon in the form of some $15 DLCs. I'm not sure if I'm ready to buy the game again. And again. And again. And again.
>>
>>337318960
Four games so far and I've only seen them show up very early
>>
File: CQta4QyWcAAnU-9.jpg (48 KB, 541x380) Image search: [Google]
CQta4QyWcAAnU-9.jpg
48 KB, 541x380
>>337318971
>Find atomic-age dudes
>Start infiltrating them
>They nuke themselves into oblivion halfway through
>>
>>337318884
You do get some flavour events where a rogue scientist will go down and pretend to be a god and shit at least.

>>337319061
That's one of the specific boss empires familia.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Man I'm just not getting enough influence to expand how I want. Is there a reliable way to get more? I only have two empires near me and both are peaceful as am I, so I don't feel like declaring a rivalry, and I've not gotten any tech except planetary capitol to give me more.

I guess it's time to build a few Destroyers and clear out the random mook fleets.
>>
>>337308418
>I started with mass driver weapons, but rather than pursue our first dedicated method of interstellar warfare further, I was only offered research projects for other experimental weaponry types.

1) That's not possible. You draw at least three techs for each field. You should've drawn at least one non-weapon tech for your engineering research.

2) Going all in on one type of weapon is really, really bad anyway. You want to split damage between two types on each ship and you want to be able to mix and match which two types you use to fuck with different enemies. Game was doing you a favor by giving you options to pick up the other categories.
>>
>>337319236
Okay so anon, it *runs* fine, few bugs and crashes, but the balance and gameplay itself is complete ass. AI civs don't attack and invade the common enemy oftentimes. It's also pretty barebones and the pacing can vary from slow and grinding to weird and out of control -- all on one speed setting.

It also has a "Sectors" setting which is pretty crippling for empire management.
>>
>>337319037
Lul, read the flavor text why don't you?

In this game materialists are diametrically opposed to spiritualists, because materialist philosophy dictates that sentient consciousness is still just a bunch of matter that is the same as any other matter: totally okay to exploit. Spirituualism in this game is more along the lines of buddhism: the world as *we* know it only exists because *we* exist to know it. Therefore, all that really matters is tending the garden of sentient happiness. Cogito ergo sum, et cetera.

As you can see it's definitely a spectrum of which matters more: inside our heads, or outside?
>>
i just bought the game but i have a strange flickering in the ui which is very distracting and becomes nauseating after a while. anyone else got this problem?
>>
>got 1 gaia and 6 ocean worlds within my wormhole start area
>am theocratic so I can hold 7 planets at once
Thank you based RNG Jesus
>>
>>337319530
Don't try to explain it to him, he's an idiot.
>>
>game has a serious lack of traits
>instead of fixing it for free, it will be in a dlc for only $5.99

>game has a limited amount of race portraits
>instead of adding more for free, it will be in a dlc for only $2.99

>game has really poor AI that don't do anything
>instead of making working AI wiz will just give them bonuses to everything they do

>fine with micromanaging a dozen planets
>apparently that's too hard for other people so you have to let the retarded AI manage half your shit
>>
File: terran dominion getting rekt.jpg (403 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
terran dominion getting rekt.jpg
403 KB, 1920x1080
FUCKING XENOS
>>
What are some good names for human worlds?

Also, do the pre-gen empires have special events just for them?
>>
>>337319452
As much as it sucks if you have strong neighbors, declaring rivals gives you like +2 monthly.
>>
>>337319546
only problem I've had is some tiles and icons being cut in half or just plain invisible
>>
>>337319602
>I HATE PARADOX LOL
Thats nice dear.
>>
>>337319602
>sectors don't even run the risk of real rebellion unless you're fucking everything up in general
>sectors don't make secessionist plots
>sectors don't actually work half the time
>>
>>337319513
I'm not really complaining, I'm just drawing a thread of how the science system isn't too immersive.

1) You misunderstood. I'm saying that of the options I was given I did not see mass driver weapon #2 until I'd obtained missile #3 and laser #3

2) I understand how the weapons work

The post I was replying to was filled with praise about the representation of scientific discovery.
I merely commented that it could stand to be a little more directed in certain aspects and gave an example outcome of the system that didn't feel particularly immersive.
>>
File: 1462328487255.jpg (59 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
1462328487255.jpg
59 KB, 453x439
After I defeat another empire in a war and they become my vassals, how can I gain control of their territory/planets?
>>
>>337319530
There is flavor text about certain species actually believing in god(s) though.
>>
>>337319856
after 3600 days you can integrate them into your species
>>
>>337316212
I'm broke dick. I'll buy it eventually. Relax Paradox, you can trust me.
>>
>>337319801
Well it makes sense they would secede; infighting within a species is an existential threat by virtue of opportunistic neighbors.
>>
>>337304708
The sector system needs an overhaul to be sure. The official forums have tons of threads about it. With the amount of attention it's (rightfully) getting, I have a feeling the devs will address it within a week or two. In the meantime, you can edit the game files to increase the core planet limit.
>>
>>337316339
Don't listen to these shitters. I like your idea.
>>
>>337319037
>memeterialist
Did you stop and think that maybe there is a God and He guided His little buddies on the path to glory?
>>
>>337320060
>you can edit the game files to increase the core planet limit.
which file?
>>
>>337303804
>HUMANS are all black
Get out sjw
>>
>>337319703
I'd rather try to Confederate with them than declare them Rivals.
Is that even an option? Or just vassalization?
>>
>>337314068
WH's are great when you're well established and cover extremely vast areas.
>>
>>337320141
defines
>>
>>337312359
A patch has already been released on Steam by now. But I pirated the game to see if it was worth the 40 dollars. I've decided that it is and will buy it after I complete my first campaign. (Sitting on 50 planets at the moment in a 600-system setup)
>>
Wormholes are shit for actual combat fleets, it's great that you can teleport 10 stars over in a few days, but if you're only trying to travel to a neighboring star, it takes 5 times longer than any other FTL.

If you put an anti-FTL station in a system, it'll die before you can get there to defend. If you put the station away from your wormgate, they'll just fuck off and FTL to your next system before you can get to combat range. If you put the station near your wormgate, they'll just blow that fucker up too before you can finish your jump.

And if you go chasing a fleet across a system, then they jump, you have to go puttering back across the goddamn system to your gate. The only time a wormhole fleet could ever possibly catch any other FTL type is if the AI goes full retard.

If the non-worms had to at least cross the system to leave the gravity well in the same direction they're traveling, it wouldn't be so shit, but wormholes are not only completely dependent on destroyable structures, they're also the only travel mode with a specific point your fleet needs to reach to travel.

Fuck wormholes, I got 15 hours into my first game before I realized I would never be able to have fun with that shit.
>>
>>337304831
I've never had a problem with it, I just have to throw resources at them at first becuae they're poor as first but once I do that they'll do shit.
>>
>>337319995
But individual planets try to do that all the time, and they're even easier targets for vultures. If anyone should strive for independence, it should be the well-governed, extensive network of planets on the fringe of an empire. For that matter, leaders are so fucking flavorless in this game. There aren't even relationship modifiers.
>>
>>337319856
If all you wanted to do was conquer someone and take all their shit you shouldn't have put Vassalize as one of your war goals, just all their worlds.

You fucked it. Now you have to wait the ten years to peacefully absorb them into your own culture, or try to provoke them into rebelling. Not 100% sure but you might be able to release them from being your vassals, and then immediately wardec them again?

There might be a cooldown on how quickly you can keep declaring war on somone. Dunno, never had this problem.
>>
File: 1383706831707.jpg (65 KB, 737x758) Image search: [Google]
1383706831707.jpg
65 KB, 737x758
>tfw less than a month until I can drop this and play HOI4

please don't fuck it up paradox

I want sandbox World War 2 with all sorts of whacky shit happening
>>
>>337320204
>defines
got it. What do I ctr+f for?
>>
>>337320252
warp drive is worse, its too slow to be useful
>>
>>337319452
Sectors with frontier outposts don't cost you monthly influence to support the outposts.
>>
>>337317563
I played as a slaver and found the ring world that's protected my DMT trapazoids. There were 4 habitable sections of the ring, each populated with a different bronze-late medieval civilization. The wreckages of that battle were full of amazing technology. As I was scanning it, one of my neighbours went in to try and take it. It resulted in a war where I vassalized him. I now have vassals almost all around me, the most advanced weapons/utility, and a massive ring world full of freshly enslaved natives.

I want the crises to start.
>>
>>337320212
I pre-ordered the game. I don't have to watch my spending quite so much. I was just giving out my thoughts to somebody who might be more on the fence.
The patch was just a hotfix which mostly related to performance issues, it did not fix the gameplay issues. Which probably need more work and perhaps some confirming. As well as one of the issues I stated having been an official design decision to postpone one issue in favour of a lesser one. Which they obviously still need time to work on.

>>337320394
try 'core', did you really need to be told this?
>>
File: defines.png (67 KB, 1440x759) Image search: [Google]
defines.png
67 KB, 1440x759
>>337320394
>>
>>337319682
>fleet size 0/96

nigga you fucked up
>>
>>337320610
Yeah they all just got destroyed. Had about 80 at 5k power
>>
>>337319602
>apparently that's too hard for other people so you have to let the retarded AI manage half your shit

I share this complaint. It's annoying watching my slaves/citizens spazm between spots because the AI doesn't know where to put them.
>>
>>337320569
>>337320609
thanks famalams
>>
Anyone else gotten the Prethryn Scourge yet?
They showed up in my galaxy and started taking a bunch of territory as they're supposed to

Someone else completed the "capture the queen" quest, but the quest still shows as available, directing to the galactic core when you try to see where it is

Also, I've killed every queen there is and bombarding the planets does nothing, how the fuck am I supposed to get rid of them?
>>
>>337318351
Prime directive

The moment they hit space though its either protectorate > vassal > integrate > purge or i just end them
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-12+at+02.19.03).jpg (450 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-12+at+02.19.03).jpg
450 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw the scourge appear with their doomstacks and eat up the entire universe
was fun while it lasted gg
desu the best way to play stellaris isn't in a federation/alliance simply because the ai is braindead and won't help you, or will drag you into needless wars that only help them while you take 100% of the casualties
>>
File: 1429597436546.png (256 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1429597436546.png
256 KB, 500x364
I just got Private Colony Ships. Is that good? It's a Rare Tech.
>>
File: somemen.jpg (69 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
somemen.jpg
69 KB, 500x499
I need to know. Can I make some sort of elderitch entity that just moves in and consumes?
Fuck diplomacy.
>>
>>337320925
Yeah sure if you like your pops having wildly different ethics
>>
>>337320962
I dunno, is that a good thing or bad thing?

My race is Fanatic Materialist Individualists.
>>
>>337320821
They are (ONCE AGAIN I'M SERIOUS HERE I'M NOT JUST MAKING A PUN) bugged at the moment, many people are suffering from it.
>>
>>337321031
Generally it is negative.
>>
>>337321043
Aw, I wanted to feel badass kicking the Tyranids out of the galaxy singlehandedly
Hopefully when they fix it the save game won't get fucked up, I want to continue
They're completely fucked, they have no fleets left at all, so when it gets fixed I'll just roll through their shit and bomb them to hell

Also, are they going to do something about the AI not fighting them?
I'm the only person in the galaxy that seems to give a shit about the invading flesh beasts from another galaxy
>>
>>337320416
Maybe worse than hyperspace, warp drive works well enough as support though, I annexed a fleet and it worked well for mopping up behind my offensives, and they work well as vassals or allies, as long as they're working with other FTLs.

Wormholes are still the worst, the only thing they're good for is attacking, and their not much better at that.
>>
>>337320960
You can pretend to be one and the race creation allows players to make virus-like races. Even then you will get shat on by creatures beyond the galaxy if you're not prepared.
>>
File: 1454632424845.jpg (12 KB, 159x150) Image search: [Google]
1454632424845.jpg
12 KB, 159x150
>>337320891
The empires in my federation fucking saved my ass.
These dick ass reptiles insulted me all game so I declared war, and no one in my federation agreed.
I barely lost the first conflict and most of my army was destroyed.

Suddenly in comes my federation bro with a 4k power fleet and shits on the reptiles, then proceeds to conquer his home planet with 18 ground armies.

We won the war and the reptiles became my vassals,
>>
So basically if you're a slave empire and you run into enigmatic observers the games over? Hope someone mods out these fun police soon.
>>
>>337321356
they are great at bringing in assault armies, i'll give them that
the instant i have a planet down to 0 fortifications, they have 7~ transports landing in the well to occupy it
of course they'll just keep doing that and if there's a large enough garrison die repeatedly, but it's impressive considering their retardation otherwise
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.