[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are your favorite downfalls in vidya history? MN9 is still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: FireFall-Gaming-Truck1.jpg (77 KB, 610x355) Image search: [Google]
FireFall-Gaming-Truck1.jpg
77 KB, 610x355
what are your favorite downfalls in vidya history?

MN9 is still my top favorite because of the number of disillusioned people that backed it
>>
>>337299173
is firefall the top down shooter?
>>
The fuck was Firefall?
>>
>>337299324
3rd person shooter/ fps that had a cool idea, but just didn't implement it all the way it should have been
>>
>>337299173
How do you sell that bus after your game flops
>>
>>337299536
To a scrapyard
>>
What happened to Might No. 9? I haven't been following it
>>
>>337299774
It's been delayed thrice in the past year.
>>
>>337299912
Oh that doesn't sound as bad as I'd thought. I thought it would be that Yogscast game level of catastrophe.
>>
What did they even need a bus like that for in the first place? Are they going to drive it around town to advertise their videogame?
>>
>>337299173
The homestuck game.
>>
>>337299632
>>337299536
nah, remove the logo and you have a cool cyber-bus, some rich kid probably bought it
>>
I had completely forgotten about firefall.

What a price of shit. I remember I had high hopes for it too when it was announced.

I guess they did too? They themed a fucking party bus around it?

Also,
>I backed MN9
please kill me. At least I only pledged $20.
>>
>>337300172
the former CEO loved to burn money, the bus is just the crowning achievement of it all.
>>
>>337300172
Mark Kern was crazy but the idea was to bring it around to gaming (and anime) conventions with a bunch of demo setups inside to hype up release
>>
>>337299173
This game was shit right off the bat.
>>
File: 1428897328284.png (239 KB, 1500x1233) Image search: [Google]
1428897328284.png
239 KB, 1500x1233
>>337299173
>Firefall

To those who were not aware of the Hype-dinburg that was way before Guild Wars 2's time;

>FPS/3rdPS Open world MMO idea was introduced
>Choose from a class with different abilities and skills with cooldowns and shit
>The initial teasers and trailers looked pretty interesting
>Hype train starts to leave the station
>Devs promise for YEARS about how this was going to be the revolutionary MMO
>Seems like it was at that time too
>Hype train is at full throttle at this point
>MMO news sites report about this game like O.J Simpson's trial
>Couple of months later
>The fucking Firefall Bus was made to tour and promote the game
>At that point the game was still in the same progress as the last time people saw them and interest starts to wane
>Soon after, the Devs goes silent
>For years
>Game is finally "released"
>Shit is STILL the same as the last time anyone saw it
>Tried to force in E-SPORTS hard
>Openworld is laughable, handful of quests and THREE world events maybe
>Devs goes under again
>"WE FIXED IT GUIZ"
>Didn't changed shit, even made the skills even more useless and longer to use which was the only fun left
>Point of no salvation
>Game goes under for good
>Firefall dev team disbands

Say what you may about other downfalls but Firefail still takes the cake for me because it is the only thing to stretch on for almost a decade and no one gained anything.
>>
Thinly veiled West Coast customs thread?
>>
File: IMG_4488.jpg (707 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4488.jpg
707 KB, 1000x667
>>337301624
Forgot image
>>
>>337299173
You know what worse about MN9?.

Inafune actually delayed the title so that it could be a launch title for an android based console in chine.
>>
>>337301713
>insert madmax meme here
>>
>>337300138
Inafune's also had like 4 other kickstarters for an MN9 movie, cartoon, a whole other game that's basically not-Mega Man Legends and that game's anime short. There's also plans for a sequel. On top of all this the game had it's most hyped-up gameplay feature scrapped due to """""""""""tight budget""""""""""" despite making quadruple it's original goal. Even with all that the game itself just doesn't look very good and most people have gotten over the anti-Capcom hysteria that got MN9 so much hype in the first place.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.