[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that Spore came out almost eight years ago.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Spore.jpg (44 KB, 480x263) Image search: [Google]
Spore.jpg
44 KB, 480x263
Friendly reminder that Spore came out almost eight years ago.

And those retarded creatures you made? They're still somewhere, out there, being downloaded into some kid's galaxy.
>>
What went wrong?
>>
>>337298923
no they arent because i pirated that game

spore turned me into a massive pirate i RARELY buy games now
>>
File: old veteran weeping.jpg (109 KB, 730x486) Image search: [Google]
old veteran weeping.jpg
109 KB, 730x486
I was in my 26 when Spore came out.
>>
>>337298923
If my flying ass monkeys are still alive somewhere in the universe I am a proud father/
>>
File: 1462510971284.jpg (36 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1462510971284.jpg
36 KB, 576x432
>>337299047
I'm so glad I wasn't memed into buying this shit.

I was very hyped about the game and almost bought it but I ended up pirating it because everyone said it was shit.
>>
>>337299021

The Tribal, Civilization and Space stages.
>>
I thought Galactic Adventures's mission creator was pretty cool and I liked the creature creator well enough to stick around playing it for a while. The actual game part was just severely lacking.
>>
>>337298923
It's actually a fun game to speed run - on hard difficulty it takes 3 - 5 hours to go from cell to space stage - civilization might prove difficult if you have in mind a specific philosophy in mind - you might have to use your religious start vehicle to capture an economic city then manage to stay out of war and buy out everyone - you might fail few times but that's what makes civ stage fun - if you go into it on easy - normal and without any plan on mind and you just do it straight - then it's booring...

And space stage in combination with galactic adventures it's actually fun - just focus on reaching galactic center and toying around with your philosophy - role play a bit you have another 5 + hours of space content until you get bored.. actually might be more.

Then either continue to create random shit or quit it - but it's a good memory regardless.

You might feel like replaying it for a second philosophy - it never got old for me - I thought it will be booring until I played warrior and in space stage started to nuke everyone instantly.
>>
>>337298923
Wow. It's old enough for diddling.
>>
>>337298923
>They're still somewhere, out there, being downloaded into some kid's galaxy.

That poor kid, he has an entire galaxy full of dick-beasts
>>
File: 1460510603972.gif (2 MB, 638x355) Image search: [Google]
1460510603972.gif
2 MB, 638x355
>>337299021
bacteria/sea stage was simple fun

land was kinda cool even if it was pointless to gather all diffrent parts

Tribe age was kinda a hassle, it was just take over the others with force, culture or faith, played mostly the same

Civ age was god awful

space age was make peace with all nearby aliens untile thier sacred tribal creature starts war with you and yuo just nuke everyone because fuck it at this point
terraforming was fun tho
going back to all terraformed planets to help them was NOT fun
>>
>>337299021
I don't remember fully, but there were two "camps" in the dev team that sort of tore the project apart from the inside. I think it was those who wanted realism vs those who wanted a cartoony feel
>>
I feel like there is one game that everyone had a lot of hope for and were let down; mine was fable
>>
>>337304130
i didnt read up on all the promises on fable, but i enjoyed it when i bought it and the expantion
fable 2 and 3 was a huge letdown
>>
>>337304483
If you get a chance one look up previews for project ego and learn why Molyneux is to never be trusted
>>
>>337304040
This was a huge reason. One camp wanted a more realistic depiction of evolutionary processes, and to have the game be kind of educational, or at least somewhat informative.

The other camp wanted a cartoony kids' game with googly eyes and bright colors. And EA leaned toward that option because they thought it would make more money.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.