[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>back in the day >this fucker always gives me shit >takes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: yakuza.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
yakuza.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>back in the day
>this fucker always gives me shit
>takes everything i have to beat it
>now
>beat it easily
>cant beat the plasma beam boss

JUST

what bosses in metroid games give you a shit?
>>
>boost guardian
>that phase where it goes apeshit
>>
LARRIAAT
>>
phantoon

fuck phantoon
>>
>>337292267
why?

you can literally charge somersault throiugh the blue things
>>
spider guardian
>>
>>337292661
>finally beat the fucker after 10 tries
>realize i forgot to scan it before the fight started
>>
>>337291312
I still can't beat the SA-X. It's been years.
>>
>>337291312
Yeah fuck Nettori, I always get stressed as fuck fighting it. Yakuza is also kinda tough, but not to the same extent.
>>
SA-X mostly because after hours of the game conditioning me into being scared shitless of it I couldn't stop messing up.
>>
>>337293289
its bullshit how you get sucked off the ledges
>>
>>337293608
>>337293112
you can cheese the fuck out of SA-X
>>
Honestly Ridley straight up, even when I try to be careful I still come out heavily scraped.
>>
>>337293608
*DOFF DOFF DOFF DOFF DOFF*
>>
Nightmare

Fuck that guy.
>>
>>337294130
How the hell did I forget about him?
>>337293289 here, Nightmare is bar none the hardest Metroid boss for me. (The Fusion one of course, the Other M version is, like every other boss there, hilariously easy.)
>>
The Chykka battle was annoyingly long.
>>
>>337291404
This. First boss that came to mind definitely took me the most attempts to beat him compared to other bosses.

I hated quadraxis because I had to reset and do him twice, was doing 100% scans and you had to scan his head while it was stunned during the 3rd phase to get a separate scan entry. Fucking retarded.
>>
>>337293608
Seriously playing this game when it first came out SA-X spooked me pretty good was crazy a hand held game could manage to do that.
>>
>no less that 9 SA-X on the station
>>
>>337294917
The major boss fights to reach the temples were all stupidly long probably to compensate for the fact the only other real bosses were the guardians to get new equipment and a few dark samus fights.
>>
>>337291312
The hardest thing about this game for me was mustering the courage as a kid to get past the SA-X chase sequence.
>>
File: 1388620918106.jpg (63 KB, 362x377) Image search: [Google]
1388620918106.jpg
63 KB, 362x377
>>337292395
FUCKING
W H A T
H
A
T

WHY AM I SO BAD?
>>
>>337292267
Let me guess, you used super missiles?
Super missiles make it go apeshit. Stick to regular missiles and you're good.
>>
File: K6onbZ2.jpg (22 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
K6onbZ2.jpg
22 KB, 500x390
>>337295359
The game made you so paranoid on your first playthrough I spent so much of the game being worried the SA-X would show up again.
>>
>>337295834
ya its alot easier than running all the way to one side then jumping and just barely missing the blue things
>>
I used to rent the shit out of Super at launch, and oddly it was the Golden Torizo that gave me the most trouble. Figuring out that he couldn't catch a charged beam was probably my biggest RULES OF NATURE moment as a child.

And on that subject:
>>337295927
Also hit him with your charged beam, on top of missile spam. The charged Ice+Wave+Spazer/Plasma does almost as much damage as a super missile if I remember right.
>>
>>337296596
MLG speedrunners do the X-factor with the charge beam + powerbomb combos
>>
Spider Guardian
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.