[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ready for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem at smartphones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
Are you ready for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem at smartphones? I'm sold for Animal Crossing but I will pass Fire Emblem (I never liked it and even if I did I'd rather play them on an actual console without F2P/F2S mechanics.
>>
File: 1462743442702.jpg (406 KB, 2193x2617) Image search: [Google]
1462743442702.jpg
406 KB, 2193x2617
>>337289287
will it be New Leaf ported over to smartphones?
If it is, I'll be pretty hyped. If it's a new fully-fleshed out Animal Crossing, I'll be very hyped.
But watch this shit end up being a Happy Home Designer-tier side game.
>>
>>337289287
> I'd rather play them on an actual console without F2P/F2S mechanics.
they're both F2P
>>
>>337289901
I was referring to FE. For casual life simulator games like Animal Crossing I don't mind it.
>>
>>337289287
Actually liking the idea of mobile Animal Crossing. The game lends itself to that platform easily, and it's not like the characters have that much detail on them.

Not so sure on FE. F2P RPGs on mobiles seem to all abuse microtransactions by limiting the player to trash units unless they pay.

>tfw there was that article done by a guy who supposedly wanted Nintendo to go mobile because he "badly" wanted to play something like Animal Crossing on it

Well, now that his wish came true I wonder if he'd actually buy it.
>>
>>337289287
I have no idea what either of these new games will actually play like, so I can't possible pass judgement at this time.

There's no way they'll cram an entire AC game into mobile and then give it away for fucking free, don't be an idiot and expect that.

Likewise, the FE game will probably just be a Granblue Fantasy clone or something.

But hey, maybe we'll find out more in the coming months.
>>
>>337289661
They've said before that they won't just port existing games, so it probably won't be New Leaf.
>>
File: 1440739829661.gif (3 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1440739829661.gif
3 MB, 300x169
>>337291287
damn. I'm seriously thinking Nintendo won't make an entire new AC game and make it free. As of now, it really points to being a Happy Home Designer 2.0 kind of game.
>>
>>337292219
Did they even say the new games would be free?
>>
>>337292346
Matter of fact, I don't think that's been revealed yet. However, I dunno if they will squeeze in the full experience for smart device platforms. Dialogue was already a bit watered down with New Leaf. Microtransactions will be in this game, no doubt. I'm still interested, but I'm not gonna keep my hopes up too high I guess.
>>
File: Lauren Faust sneezed.png (144 KB, 513x362) Image search: [Google]
Lauren Faust sneezed.png
144 KB, 513x362
>>337289287
>smartphones
>>
>>337293656
Handhelds are dying, you're going to either get used to games coming out on smartphones or not at all.
>>
>>337294060
After Vita, I will never love handhelds again. They broke my <3.
>>
>>337293296
Nintendo announced that AC and FE will be f2p or their much safer term Free to Start.

They also won't be doing ports, so what i'm expecting is probably a companion app for the NX AC game that launches with the NX. God damn it I want a fucking AC game fucking shit
>>
File: Cell-in-Trash-300x266-1.jpg (21 KB, 300x266) Image search: [Google]
Cell-in-Trash-300x266-1.jpg
21 KB, 300x266
No thanks.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.