[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch thread #245236
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
The problem with Bastion isn't that he's hard to counter, he's quite easy to kill actually.

The problem is he forces your team to play a no-fun camper counter play style or characters they are inexperienced with/don't like - that puts the vast amount of people off from the game entirely.

>HURRR BLIZZARD SAID BLIZZARD'S CHARACTER DOESN'T NEED CHANGING

Of course they would say this, however when the vast majority of people think one particular character is making the game-no fun then they should fucking listen.

Most people wont simply 'git gud' they'll just stop playing and your game will become irrelevant to all but the e-sport types.

Hell, by admitting that at the top tiers of play nobody picks bastion they're admitting the only reason to pick him is to shit on casual players or newbies, and that's a very unhealthy character design.

TL;DR Blizzard are inexperienced with FPS's and can't see why Bastion as is, sucks.
>>
>>337288062
>NO FUN ALLOWED
I always imagined Marvin, the Paranoid Android, as that robot when I was reading the books. Anybody else?

I don't like Overwatch very much
>>
Git gud, Bastion is literally the weakest hero
>>
>>337288828
Jesus Christ provide a fucking argument you mongrel.
>>
Ironically, the people who usually type 'git gud' are the first ones to absolutely fucking lose their shit after a defeat because winning is the only thing they enjoy.
>>
>>337288062
counters to bastion: genji, widow, hanzo, dva, tracer, roadhog, junkrat, pharah
almost half the heros counter him
what is your point?
>>
overwatchbabs?

Just get in close and kill him. Geez.
>>
If you balance around the lowest common denominator, ESPECIALLY when the game's barely been available to the public, you're just gonna fuck shit up. If they did that in TF2, Demo and Soldie would have been nerfed to shit (even moreso than the changes demo got early on) and Pyro and Spy and Engie would have been gutted or outright removed from the game
>>
File: IMG_20160511_131805.jpg (153 KB, 853x927) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160511_131805.jpg
153 KB, 853x927
Bastion just needs spinup and greater range fall off. Problem is with that those "distance closers" cant do shit when hes tucked away in his sightline corner and they just get shredded from 100m away. Maybe map design may be a factor in this. After all blizz isnt very familiar to fps's. Remember tf2's cp_dustbowl? Remember how one engineer and a shitload of spam made the whole place impossible to capture? That was when valve was new to the team based multiplayer shooter. Give them time. I think Blizz will figure their shit out.
>>
Just make it so the barrel of his minigun heats up after extended use and you have to cool off to use it again.

Yanno, like every videogame ever does.
Why the fuck does this not happen to bastion?
>>
>>337291563
>cant do shit when hes tucked away in his sightline corner and they just get shredded from 100m away

Hanamura.jpg
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.