[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we've had about 1 billion Overwatch threads today alone,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 500x889) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 500x889
So we've had about 1 billion Overwatch threads today alone, and not a single one mentioned true best girl. Why don't more people play her?
>not teaming up with Mercy
>not shielding her and yourself at just the right moment
>not unleashing alt fire at 100% charge
I'm kinda glad very few people play her. No one knows how to defend against her. I only ever die when I'm swarmed with no back up or a lucky Windowmaker shot.
>>
DAMN!

She looks good with a buff bod.
>>
HNNNNNNNNNNG
>>
>>337282825
>Shield only lasts 2 seconds on a 12 sec cooldown
>Shield also only blocks 200 damage or a single attack
>only 400 health
>no armour so she takes unmitigated damage when her shield isn't up
She should be classed as a defence hero not a tank. Until you have high energy you don't want to be anywhere near the front lines.
>>
>>337282825
>SJW pink hair
No Thanks
>>
Literally who
>>
>>337282825
>shitty pink hair
>pink fingernails
Awful.
>>
>>337283163
I'm pretty sure half her health is armor.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (143 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
143 KB, 1920x1080
>>337283730
Well I'm 100% sure you're wrong.

She has 200 health and 200 shields.

http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Zarya
>>
>>337283730
It's shields, shield doesn't have damage resistance but it does regenerate if you can last 3 seconds without taking damage. She's much better poking round corners and using her alt fire because of it, you basically become a tankier junkrat.
>>
>>337283163
Point taken, you're supposed to play defensively until you're at least at 75%
Also keep in mind there is no spill over damage if the shield breaks so it's perfect for taking Junkies tire or and other high damage ultra
>>
File: 1461380918218.png (26 KB, 603x222) Image search: [Google]
1461380918218.png
26 KB, 603x222
>>337283346
>>337283512
>>
>>337282825
She's the hardest tank to play well, so everyone avoids her.
She also has the best tank ult, the highest (possible) tank dps, the only spammable, long range, arced, aoe attack, the only direct "oh shit" button for another team mate which works at range, and half her hp pool regenerates on its own.
She lacks DVa's mobility, Reinhardt's survival in burst situations, and Roadhog's selective burst dps. She wins matches through attrition and constant pressure, which most teams lack the teamwork to pull off.
>>
>>337284063

In all honesty I'd only really consider Roadhog and Rein to be true tanks, D.Va and Winston are much better as flankers and harassers that can use their high mobility to take out squishy targets that get separated and make it back to safety afterwards. Zarya seems to be best for protecting your ass from flanking heros since the shield lasts just long enough to catch their burst and gives you the damage to punish them for it.
>>
File: image.png (292 KB, 850x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
292 KB, 850x700
>Timing your shield at just the right moment so you take no damage from Reinhardts charge
>Proceed to blast him right in the face with my now 70% charged beam
It's all in the timing of your shields
Only fuckers that give me a problem are Mei and Tracer
>>
She'd be so great without the hair
>>
She seems kinda unique in that her role is not “flexible” per se but more fluid and that makes her a bit less predictable to the other team. I'd also say you have to be more aware of whats happening than most other characters to be competent.
>>
>>337284780
>roadhog
>true tank
he has literally the least protective power of all the tank heroes
reinhardt got the shield
zarya's got the shield
winstons got the shield
even d'va's git the defense matrix
all roadhog can do is heal himself and instakill over half the cast
>>
>>337284830

The last game I got to play from the beta I blocked a DVa ult and had a Mercy damage amp me and I completely stopped their push. I fucking love Zarya.
>>
File: bg_champion_vi_1920x1080.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bg_champion_vi_1920x1080.jpg
305 KB, 1920x1080
The special snowflake pink hair is overkill on the bulky character concept. I know it's a vi copy for a manly man character that doesn't give a shit and goes all tanky jumping into battles, but blizzards version is just not cool and not fitting the theme. Wasted potential.
>>
>>337286786
>>337285782
The hair is so you can tell she's a girl.
>>
>>337287145
>only girls can have pink hair

Pretty sexist dude
>>
>>337286786

>but blizzards version is just not cool

Not even complimenting Zarya, but it's better than that mess you just posted.
>>
>>337282825
This character was the biggest surprise in the roster for me.

I expected to have no reason to use her as a tank, specifically because she felt not very tanky at all, with a fragile body that is quickly killable once you lose the shields. However the regenerating shield (half of her healthpool basically) and the unique characteristic of being the only viable character in the tank class to dish some ranged damage if you're decent with predicting the arch on her nade projectiles, allowed me to stay alive by staying on defensive move, kiting and using cover when a breather was in need for those shields to regen. Most heroes were pushovers as I ran around the payload. Mei however, she felt like the natural counter, I probably killed/survived 1 in 10 Meis whenever I ran Zarya.
>>
>>337282825
Since the game is new looks count a lot for what people pick and most of her looks bland, the hair and facial scar stand out but are unappealing
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 500x565) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 500x565
>>337283512
That's what I love most actually. That tiny detail of her having her nails polished tells me beneith her hardass exterior, she's a girl. Not a man with tits, but a girl that likes doing her nails and looking cute. Sure she lives lifting and dominating, doesn't mean she doesn't want to be passed up for Tracer or Mercy or some other bitch.
>>
>>337282825
Can't play her until I get either the Arctic or Siberian Front skin.
>>
THICK
THICK!!
THIICCKKK!!!!!!
>>
>>337288532
Worded that kinda wrong at the end
>>
>>337282825
>go in expecting penis to lead me to main Tracer, Widowmaker, D.Va and Mercy, in their respective roles
>end up swallowing matches and getting plays of the match left and right with Soldier:76, Hanzo, Zarya and Symmetra instead

I love the game.
>>
>>337282825
>and not a single one mentioned true best girl
You ever wandered if it's because she's not the best girl?
>>
File: 94894.jpg (651 KB, 1280x3316) Image search: [Google]
94894.jpg
651 KB, 1280x3316
>>337282825
I want Zarya to crush my skull between her thighs
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 400x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 400x445
>>337288813
I want her to crush my dick by clenching her anus
>>
>>337282825
I think we are forced to hate her because retards equate hair color with having some belief they don't agree with
>>
>>337282825
I love playing her but I swear she's useless unless its a payload map and you're on attack.
>>
>>337288532
>Zarya just wants to be treated like a cute girl and get romanced and then be submissive in bed.
muh dik
>>
>>337288813
This man face is killing me inside
>>
>>337291578
Like she belongs in Jojo
>>
>>337282825
If the hair wasn't an obnoxious glow of pink I would just mistake it for a man.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.