[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, couple days ago, in a spontaneous Wolfenstein-themed thr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
So, couple days ago, in a spontaneous Wolfenstein-themed thread, some fag decided to host a server and some 8 of us actually went in and had some fun for a couple hours. Following that, I've seen a couple other threads where ET was mentioned and even asked people, all of which were very receptive to the idea of a weekly thread on /v/ where a server is hosted to play ET in for a while.

Let's try to get it going. I'll be personally trying to make this happen. Let this be ET:Wednesday /etw/ thread #1. I'll try to make this thread every Wednesday at 11PM CET, today's will be exceptionally done later because I was configuring and setting up everything.

>What is Enemy Territory?
Newfag. Enemy Territory Wolfenstein is a WW2 FPS developed by Splash Damage back when they were good. It was made in 2004 or something, it's open source and free to play.

>What do I need to play it?
All you need is the game client, which is really small and a fast install. To make it simple and to have everyone using the same stuff, we'll be using a community mod of the game, which has lots of QoL upgrades, it's available for Windows, Linux and OSX, get it at:
https://www.etlegacy.com/download
Download is 12MB and unpacked game is 232MB with no downloads.

>Where are we playing?
For starters, I'll be hosting a server myself when these threads are up, so you might have to put up with shitty ping, though my internet is pretty decent. It'll be hosted in South West Europe.
Current IP: 2.81.192.107 , no password, you can ctrl+c/v the IP into the game
Console connect: /connect 2.81.192.107

>What kind of server is it?
Full on pub-style, like the old times. Campaign of 6 maps, Oasis, Goldrush, Railgun, Battery, Radar, Fueldump. EXP save for the duration of the campaign, 32 slot server for maximum carnage. Might restrict/unrestrict weapons further than right now, if people ask for it. Currently, max 2 panzers, 2 mortars and 2 rifles per team.
>>
OP here. I forwarded my ports and everything, but haven't asked anyone to join the server yet. Tell me if you can connect to it. I'm already inside, let's get this going
>>
Bump, no interest for this?
>>
>>337282171
Sorry, didn't see this, but I'm the anon who showed some interest in that 10/10 map thread. I'll check it out to see if it works after I install it. 5pm CST/11pm CET works for me.
>>
Can't play today but will install and monitor but yes to next Wednesday
>>
Bumping, we're 2 in the server now
>>
>>337284821
Still waiting on the install. It's taking quite a minute just on the actual installer itself. 5 minutes left it says.
>>
>>337284972
I'm not sure if the installer itself downloads files, but I think it might. Not more than 200MB, though.
>>
i know these things are not popular but if this becomes a recurring thing will there be a steam group so i can keep track of it ?
>>
>>337285525
I'm not sure a Steam group is required, but making this thread at the same time every Wednesday should be enough.

Also, we're 4 in the server already
>>
I wonder how hard it would be to get back into ET after not playing for years and dumping so many hours into DB.

Are you hosting your server locally, or are you using a proper dedicated one for it? I'm not sure how well NA to EU would work on a consumer grade connection.
>>
are you planning on adding bots to the server for when there are not many people playing
?
>>
>>337287928
You'll be fine for the most part, not like any of us is a pro.

Local server right now. I have an optic fiber connection, so it should be alright. Someone had like 110-120 ping, so I suppose they were from the Americas, and while that ping is sub-optimal, it's still decent enough to play in a friendly environment for shits and giggles.
>>
>>337288049
It's a local server for now, so I'll likely only have it online during Wednesday nights when the thread is up, during other times it'll be shutdown. Could get a dedicated server in the future, if there's enough interest.
>>
Bump for attention
>>
>>337282171
Holy shit I was just thinking about this game today and how I missed RTCW
>>
>>337282171
Very interested in playing.
Try making a thread friday night??
>>
>>337290329
Since we're still starting out, I'll make one on Friday too, maybe it'll get more people interested.

So far, it's been a bit dead, only 3-4 people on at once, at most
>>
Bumping, campaign just reset!

Also, what should the 2nd campaign be? I want it to have 2 campaigns rotating, so people don't get fed up with the same 6 maps all the time.
I can include other classic, non-default maps, such as Venice and others too.

Campaign 1 is the following:
>Oasis, Goldrush, Railgun, Battery, Radar, Fueldump
Campaign 2 should be 6 maps as well
>>
8 online, bumping!
>>
Get in here boys.
>>
>>337293061
downloading atm, gonna try playng from aus, could be interesting..
>>
>>337293098
Rip your pint
>>
>>337293098
My ping is really bad and it runs fine familia
>>
File: 1461714655894.png (45 KB, 178x207) Image search: [Google]
1461714655894.png
45 KB, 178x207
I didnt even know ET had comp scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtZ-5Kf9Ex8
>>
>>337293602
It was actually pretty big for the time, yea

Nation Cups were some of the best competitive shit ever
>>
i have the normal wolf:et, do i have to download legacy to play?
>>
This game was the shit, checking this out
>>
>>337293602
this looks fucking gay. just play quake live
>>
>>337294427
I don't think you do, you can try it out as it is. But it's not like the game is very big anyway.

>>337294724
faggot
>>
Bumping, 10 online right now
>>
OP here, accidentally named myself with a blank name and got kick banned temporarily

Will be back online soon lel
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.