[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm at work so I'll try to keep this short and sweet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 1002x1144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 1002x1144
I'm at work so I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I was able to get Doom early because the country I live in doesn't really care about street dates. I was worried (like most of you) that the game wasn't going to be good, especially since the beta was pretty mediocre and Bethesda/id hadn't sent out review codes. But after spending some time with the game last night, I've got to say, Doom is fucking cool. The game is fast, it looks great, it sounds great and it plays great. I'm a big fan of the recent Wolfenstein games, so if you enjoyed those you'll enjoy Doom. I'm playing on the PS4 and I haven't had any issues with the frame-rate, it's been pretty consistent.

For those of you concerned about those "gore"-finishing moves, it's optional and they seem to have sped them up (but I'm not sure if that's just my imagination). The game doesn't waste any time putting you in control and they give you the shotgun pretty much right away. There's a story but it's pretty much "demons have invaded mars, go kill them". Which is good enough for me.

I played around with SnapMap and it's pretty cool that we'll be getting user-created content on consoles. SnapMap mode also includes a puzzle mode that you need to use logic to complete. I honestly didn't spend too much time with that because it was super-late when I decided to explore SnapMap.
>>
I am only interested in the single player content
>>
>>337281252
how quake-like is the MP?
>>
Did you feel like you had to conserve Ammo at all or did the game pretty much litter ammo around so you never had to worry?

I really liked how in Doom you had to go back to the Pistol/Machinegun to waste the cannon fodder and reserve your rockets and plasma for the big guys.
>>
>>337281252
The fact that you can buy it on a console is already proof that it's garbage
>>
>>337282350
lol
>>
>>337282350
>t. PCuck buttblasted that he has no exclusives
>>
>no timestamp
Nothing to see here
>>
>have friend that works in game stores
>just go to his place and play all the games a week early because he brings them home
>Sony (and I guess other companies) gives people who work at these stores a weird online account that makes it so they don't ban you when you unlock achievements and play online before the release date
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4itxlm/got_doom_early_doom_is_cool/
>>
File: keks.jpg (66 KB, 660x564) Image search: [Google]
keks.jpg
66 KB, 660x564
>shills so desperate they need to make up shit to promote their game
Way to go, Bethesda.
>>
>>337282350
Shut up. You are giving PC gaming a bad name. Besides, only consoles get physical copies.
>>
>>337282350
I am so tired of the stupid infighting.
In my day we used to just have fun
>>
>>337283174
I'm not a PC "gamer" but really playing a FPS on a console is a fucking heresy. OP should kill himself.
>>
>>337283360
>Genesis Does What Nintendon't!
>ads openly bashing Sonic or Mario by competitors
>PS1 vs N64 graphics debacle

Yeah, the good old days, am I right, my fellow gamer?
>>
>>337283439
Your mouth running it's shitty opinions is heresy. Shut the fuck up
>>
>>337281252
/r/ing disc with a time-stamp
>>
>>337283935
it's from reddit
>>
>>337283587
I was there dude. A few shitty add campaigns didn't matter. It was fun to have conversations about what games I could play or the cool ones you had. It was fun to go over to someone's house that had a different console then you. It was even more fun to go to the one kids house who had a pc.
The Internet ruined everything because now you kids have a warped idea of what the console wars where, a fucking add campaign. Now everyone is angry and wants to feel special about who's dick they suck.
>>
>>337282350
You can play all the main doom games on a console.
>>
>>337282350

le master race
>>
>>337282332
>Did you feel like you had to conserve Ammo at all or did the game pretty much litter ammo around so you never had to worry?

Not OP but there doesn't seem to be many ammo pickups. Which is kinda dumb since instead you have to do glory kills to get ammo from enemies
>>
>>337282350
>implying doom 1 didn't come out for 3 different consoles

granted those ports weren't as good as the PC version but still
>>
new gameplay on pc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anrvBD4aTGY
>>
>>337282350
I got it on PC, mouse and keyboard is 100% better for fps games then consoles.
>>
>plays like the new Wolfenstein

Thats what I figured it'd be like. Sweet.
>>
>>337284401
>do glory kills to get ammo
Ugh, is that true still?

Also, still don't get why people hating on the snap map thing when you can make this kind of cool stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yslS6U4tUSs
>>
>>337284570
It's the same gameplay as the off-screen demo
>>
>>337284660
You can get mouse and keyboard on console too.
>>
>>337284935
Oh wait my bad, it's not the exact same since the guy isn't constantly opening the map. But the same section anyway
>>
>>337282867
Heh.
>>
>>337284935
no same setting but the guy plays differently in this one and there is one more arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueRjbYdcXbs
>>
>>337281252
fuck off pete
>>
>>337284761
Chainsaw kills drop massive amounts of ammo. Glory kills drop health
>>
>>337281252
How much did they pay you to post this op?
>>
Search "Doom haters" on youtube and you can clearly see the nudoom audience
>>
>>337284570
Hah, when he has the quad damage it uses the sound effect from Quake. Cute little touch
>>
>>337283015
LMAO BUSTED
>>
Is the campaign as short as people say it is?
>>
>>337285617
shit, meant for>>337283120
>>
>>337285651
I'm sure it can be ran through pretty fast but isn't the same true for Doom 1 & 2

I just don't know if it will have any lasting appeal so you want to play through it more than once like the first games. Even then there's a massive collection of custom wads. I don't think Snapmap will achieve the same
>>
File: 1318127132355.jpg (11 KB, 309x343) Image search: [Google]
1318127132355.jpg
11 KB, 309x343
>you lived to see the day when doom would be viral marketed
>>
File: 1462158773270.jpg (99 KB, 1198x568) Image search: [Google]
1462158773270.jpg
99 KB, 1198x568
>Copy-pasting from reddit
>no timestamp

This is a desperate call for shilling
>>
File: Muh Sides.jpg (160 KB, 760x430) Image search: [Google]
Muh Sides.jpg
160 KB, 760x430
>>337283120
BTFO'd
>>
>>337285548
>Doom haters

holy shit why did you made me do this

>17-19 kid
>mememaster
>telling me why i should like doom and why hating it it's a mob mentality

Holy shit, how fucking terrifying.
>>
>>337285651
If you stick around to hear the story (holograms, audio diaries) n go for full completion then it's a lengthy campaign.
>>
>>337285861
Let's not forget overwatch, battleborn and star fox zero
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.