[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your opinions on the Uncharted series? 4 just came out,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: uncharted_4_drake_smile.0.jpg (120 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
uncharted_4_drake_smile.0.jpg
120 KB, 1920x1080
What are your opinions on the Uncharted series? 4 just came out, so I was looking to maybe get into the series.
>>
File: Uncharted.png (2 MB, 1074x1107) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted.png
2 MB, 1074x1107
>>337279307
>>
I've only played 2. It was good, but I enjoyed TLOU much more.

It's pretty much like a genderswapped Tomb Raider, or a 21st century Indiana Jones, if that's your thing.
>>
Its a decent series but its not as good as all the reviews make it out to be. It has interesting characters, gameplay is pretty fun. its and enjoyable series but its not 10/10 GOTY OMG AMAZING!!!
>>
>>337279307
its actually good, certainly not as bad as /v/ wants to make you believe
>>
>>337279307
I'm enjoying 4 a lot.
>>
>>337279307
They are decent adventure games, and with the collection you get decent value for 3 games, even if you only play through them once/don't play through all of them.

However their gameplay is just sufficient, so know what you're getting into. There is hand holding, there are a fair few cutscenes but it's enjoyable if you're in the mood for that.
>>
>>337279307
One is alright get a little boring
Two is great
haven't played the third one, but I hear it isn't as good as 2
4 has been fantastic so far
>>
Beautiful visually, but the gameplay is average. Story is pretty average, as well.

Action sequences became absurd to the point where suspension of disbelief was shattered during the latter half of 2/all of 3.
>>
>>337279307
Most of the fun is gone from the older games in favor of muh family problems. Even though there are set-pieces, they feel dialed back and the story pacing is slower. It's a gorgeous game but Uncharted has grown up a little and the TLOU influence is clear.
>>
>>337281894
I miss the supernatural shit.
>>
>>337281487
>Action sequences became absurd to the point where suspension of disbelief was shattered during the latter half of 2/all of 3.
I'm playing 3 for the first time and this is getting boring. Is 4 the same?
>>
Take or leave the first one
I love the second one, it's the perfect blend of all the things that made the first one good with none of the shit
Third one's decent, better than the first but weaker than the second
I'm not sure how I feel about 4 so far, I'm only at Madagascar and it hasn't really hooked me yet. I don't like how "mature" it feels, like it's looking down on the childish nature of the previous games
>>
>>337282606
Yeah, it always cemented the fantastic nature of the endgame. The Descendants in UC1 are pure nightmare fuel, the Yetis in Uncharted 2 were hard as fuck and came at a perfect time.

Uncharted 3 would have been infinitely better if the Djinn had showed up anywhere else and were connected with the Now-You-See-Me dude.
>>
>>337282957
4 doesn't have a game defining set piece like the train from 2 or the cargo plane from 3, theres just a few little ones throughout the game which usually end in a retardedly long cutscene.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 560x497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 560x497
>>337280545
>interesting characters
>gameplay is pretty fun

And the graphics are pretty gud, if that's not an understatement.

>its not 10/10 GOTY OMG AMAZING!!!

I'd be willing to give it GOTY, definitely a contender anyway. Not sure I'd ever define a piece of media has 10/10.

Name 3 things FFVII doesn't have
>>
>>337279307
I've only played Uncharted 3, but I played a little bit of Uncharted 1 and 2 at a friend's house. I thought that Uncharted 3 was a great game, specifically the co-op. Gunplay and gameplay is great in my opinion. I want to get 4, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Been seeing a lot of positive things about it here but a lot of negative things too, but the Metacritic user ratings are pretty high too. Should I get it, /v/?
>>
>>337279307
A shooter with focus on aiming and shooting.

You play it with a controller so aiming is clunky and horriblly slow.

Aiming is basically the whole gameplay.

Ergo the gameplay is horrible.

They're trying to make up for that with graphics and cinematic stuff.

You must know for yourself if this can make up for it for you or not. For me it can't. The games are pure trash. Just as terrible as the new Tomb Raider games.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.