[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PERMABANNED ON RUNESCAPE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 310x163
So today I tried to log on to Runescape, as one does when you're bored shitless. A message appears saying my account has been banned for "macroing major". WTF, why? I have never botted in my life, I've had this account for over eight years and Jagex just throws me under the bus?? Now what? Help me out guys please.
>>
>>337278150
The fuck you want us to do?
>>
time to play a real game, take this as a blessing
>>
>>337278252
How do I get the ban lifted?
>>
>>337278439
I play other games, but this game has provided consistent satisfaction, the old school version of course.
>>
>>337278545
What's the point?

i've moved on from this game, maybe it's time for you to do the same
>>
>>337278545
Complaining to Jagex is probably your only option. But realistically just take this opportunity to move on to a better game. Jagex doesn't deserve you
>>
>>337278545
Appeal the ban obviously. I don't understand why you come to /v/ expecting a real answer. Just use Google like a functional individual.
>>
>>337278150
>over eight years
casual
>>
>>337278851
I'm just pissed because I spent time recovering my password. What was the point in letting me get a new password if I'm fucking banned anyway. Shitty system.
>>
>>337278150
This happened to my buddy a couple months ago
>>
>>337278150
you fucking liar
you botted like the lil bitch you are and now you got banned
dont give me shit
jaqex's anti bot pattern is flawless and you're fuckin lying
post your IGN
>>
>>337278150
>my dog downloaded a woodcut bot
Sure thing pal
>>
>>337281181
I really didn't but you can believe what you want. The only possible scenario if that were to happen would be if my account was hacked. Don't know what you mean by IGN.
>>
>>337281751
in-game name you stupid nigger
>>
>>337281776
Why does it matter? What would you do with that info?
>>
>>337281751
There is no way you have had an account for 8 years. Tell you what, after you level up on a new account I will trim your rune armor for free.
>>
>>337278150
Move onto a better game.
>>
>>337282198
Such as...?

Is Tibia a good alternative to OSRS?
>>
>>337282053
Do you want our help or not you little turd nigglet?
>>
>>337282382
Yeah but I don't see how you could get it back for me on my behalf.
>>
>>337282056
I'm tempted to start again desu, can't remember shit.
>>
Name a better free mmorpg
>>
>>337284109

Haven and Hearth is pretty nice but more pvp and no quest
>>
>>337284109
Guild Wars 2
>>
>>337278150

This happened to my old account as well. When I logged into my old account I had several warnings on my history and was perma muted for advertising or something. I appealed it and they were pretty nice about it. Unmuted me as well.
When I downloaded NXT last month and tried to log in, I was forbidden from logging in due to a negative JCoin balance of about 4000 coins (around several hundred dollars I think).
I messaged support again and they looked at my login history and determined it was a bot or scammer or something.
They gave me a one-time charge clear, under the condition I secure my account with WinAuth. It seems they're pretty forgiving. All you have to do is place WinAuth in a folder on your computer somewhere, it gives you a code, and you just input it once a month. You should try contacting them.
>>
I'll give you a real response.

Hacked accounts have become an epidemic in Runescape recently. It's always been a problem, but over the past year their has been a rampant increase. The accounts are hacked, used by gold farmers, and then banned once Jagex detects macroing.

Jagex doesn't have the tech to identify if a banned account was hacked, it has to be done manually. There was a a thread on the official forums where you could post your account name and they would investigate it for you. Unfortunately due to the high demand they phased this out back in March in favor of a new program they are currently beta testing. Supposedly this new program will automatically check for this kind of stuff and over the course of the next few weeks/months accounts that have been recently banned after being hacked will be reviewed and unbanned. This was announced on April 1.

Your best bet is to make another account and post on the community account help forum and complain. Another option is to contact Jagex mods through twitter. The best bet is to find Jagex mods who work on Old School Runescape and contact them, they're much more community friendly.
>>
>>337285714

I have no idea how these accounts are being hijacked. You hear reports all of the time about how players accounts were hacked after being inactive for a long time. There has to be some sort of massive hole in the security that Jagex is mum on.
>>
>>337286192

From my understanding Jagex revamped the recovery system not too long back and apparently made it so much easier for nefarious individuals to steal accounts. Of what I know, recovery questions were phased out and in their place an authenticator was introduced which gives you a 6 digit code on your phone to successfully log in. The problem is, not many accounts use this authenticator, and it's fair to say they also don't use 2 step verification on their email either.
>>
>>337285714

Jagex said last week there would be an update on the new system this week, so keep an eye on the forums tomorrow and Friday.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.