[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have a Steam Controller? I've been wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: meam controller.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
meam controller.jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone here have a Steam Controller? I've been wondering if one is worth getting but nobody I know in real life has one I can try.

Looking at possibly getting one because of the discounted bundle with Civ VI
>>
>>337276083
i bought one a week ago and im most likely going to return it

its absolutely ten times worse for FPS games(even though they market it with TF2 and Portal) and it's just not that comfy to hold

yeah im sure it plays civ 5 decent but who cares, its not a good design
>>
it's shit
>>
>>337276083
I quite like it, it works with pretty much any kind of genre of game.
>>
>>337276083
when you feel the haptic feedback you'll understand the touchpads. also gyro is better than mouse - practice on a wiiu with splatoon if you have it. its the best controller, mad comfy unless you have 6-year-old hands. console shooters use slight aim-assist with traditional controllers and you dont get that when using the trackpads since its a mouse so for FPS you almost have to get good with mouse+gyro to play non-casually.
>>
>>337278695
>gyro is better than mouse

yeah cuz when i want to play an FPS the first thing i want to do is flail my wrists and arms around like a retard

thats not comfy at all
>>
>>337276083
I have it, its terrible if you are wanting a standard ps4/xbone style controller, the smaller face buttons and lack of joysticks are too different to feel right.

its well made though and if you get use to how weird it is to control using dual-touch pads instead, (the right one always defaults to "trackpad" instead of "emulated joystick" for example) its quite good, but honestly it feels just too different.
>>
>>337278972
its not as inaccurate as the gamepad, especially since you have control over the gyro sensitivity. i never move my wrists more than a centimeter - i use the gyro for fine-tune and trackpads for coarse-tune though some people prefer the opposite
>>
>>337278972
flailing your arms around like a retard is not how you use gyro, you just tilt the controller slightly in either direction while resting it on your lap or wherever.
>>
>>337279505
tilting is not comfy
>>
I have one
It's alright
>>
>>337279578
lupus-fag detected
>>
If you're used to a normal controller you will probably hate it.
>>
>>337279852
you weren't used to a 'normal controller' once upon a time. nintendofags have NO excuse. xboxfags have had 1 design for ~10 years - but it maintains the ABXY layout. sonyfags i can understand since the controller logically evolved the same design for over 20 years but if youre too autistic to learn something new bite a bullet - OR better yet go convince your brand-loyal company to make drivers that actually work.
>>
>>337276083
I've been using it for dark souls and it works great honestly. Don't listen to the faggots who can't handle a different controller. I mean sure it's not great for FPS but why would you use one for FPS games anyway? It takes about 10 minutes to get used to, and I personally prefer it over previous controllers at this point. Though the button placement is fucking weird
>>
File: Anime Battles 2.jpg (45 KB, 599x443) Image search: [Google]
Anime Battles 2.jpg
45 KB, 599x443
>>337276083
I have it

By far the best controller I've ever used
>>
Just use a 360 pad instead
>>
>>337276083
Its good

The touchpads will throw you off if you're used to 360 controller, but you get used to it. You've been using a thumbstick since ps1 & n64, don't expect the (advanced) Steam Controller to feel great immediately.

The customization is beyond anything else out there. You can even map the steam controller to traditional gamepad controls (360), works great for games made pre-steam controller.

The community also uploads their own controller configs you can download in seconds for any game out there, even editing them yourself once you got em.

Also, if you take the c ontroller to a friends, plug it in, it will ask you if you want to use the Configs from YOUR steam account, all on the fly.

The thing is godlike.

One thing I will admit though is the 360 controller fits slightly better in the hand.
>>
I bought it and use it for Dark Souls 3 and Rocket League. I like it. The rumble is loud though.

I like the online controller configurations in the cloud. Tried out a new dark souls controller config yesterday and it made locking on enemies way easier
>>
File: 6 games.jpg (22 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
6 games.jpg
22 KB, 640x640
>>337279578
>>337279505
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.