[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consortium: The Tower - Funded!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ConsortiumTheTower.jpg (217 KB, 1600x867) Image search: [Google]
ConsortiumTheTower.jpg
217 KB, 1600x867
With a lot of forgettable crap out there, I thought /v/ might be interested in backing or investing in a pretty unique title.

The first Consortium game is available on Steam and aside from its indie-cheap graphics at the time, was an interesting narrative . If you bitched about Bioware style "good response, bad response" storytelling or lack of freedom, the Consortium had your back, making it possible to do all kinds of crazy shit. If you like Deus Ex, Alpha Protocol, EYE or many other kinds of sci fi, stuff isnt what it seems kinda gaming, you'd probably like the Consortium.

After its success, they're crowdfunding The Tower, the second game in the series which seems to be a lot more polished and is built on Unreal 's latest engine instead of early Source etc... They already made their 300,000 goal and are almost to the stretch goal at 350,000 with a few hours left. Its only $20 to get the game itself through the pledge. Hell, it is even going to be released on Linux!

So get onto Fig (a selective crowdfunding platform that not everyone can dump their shit on, because Fig themselves orchestrate the actual sales of preferred stock in the game, as well as conventional backing. If you want to invest and have at least $250, you not your interest to do that.) and back quick, to make the game even better, if you're tired of game studios that aren't trying to do anything different.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/consortium-the-tower#about
>>
>>337268209
>/v/
>donating to fig

Think again.
>>
>>337268981

Why? Its isn't like Kickstarter (which still can have good titles, but really anyone can put their crap up there), because Fig themselves have to manage/take a stake in the process besides just a cut of the money. They deal with the SEC registry for investment and whatnot for each title, and allow both accredited and unaccredited investors to get a chance to invest. This is in addition to standard crowdfunding pledges.

So they can't take a chance on crap or those that are unlikely to deliver. Psychonauts 2 funded on Fig, and apparently so is the new Rockband etc.. you can see what they've offered. Consortium does, or at least I think so having played the first. Way enough for me to kick in $20 for a copy of the game when it comes out, and to request a chance to invest (I haven't yet finished my personal SEC accreditation for investment, but this reminds mew I should).

So yeah. Interesting game, cheap pledge, good platform..probably worth it if you can afford.
>>
What's this investment shit

Is it worth looking into
>>
I put some money towards it. I enjoyed the first game even with how short it was, looking forward to this.
>>
Here's a shilling tip: don't use marketers for it
>>
>>337269790

Exactly what it sounds like. You put in money, the game makes money, you get money back. Game does well, you get lots of money back. Dividends from adjusted gross sales. You need $250 minimum to invest.

For unaccredited investors (ie most people) you can sign up to show your interest in investing now and when they finish their SEC filing, they'll tell you how much you can invest if you wish to do so. Saying you want to now, doesn't lock you into doing so as an obligation etc. Accredited Investors can invest right now, but you would already need to be registered to the SEC etc. So if you're interested, go ahead and do so.

At minimum, pledge for a copy of the game. Then say you want to invest the most you think you may. You can read about the game's investment basics on their page, just click "invest". The full details will come out after their SEC filing.
>>
>>337270237
You seem a bit biased. You aren't getting paid for this are you?
>>
>>337270136

As did I. I figure this one will both look much better and be longer and more in depth, with proper money behind it. The first game was made on a shoestring budget and they did well with what they had, but I can only imagine this one will be much more enjoyable and lengthy, with even better quality. Anyone who hasn't played the first one..

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/consortium-the-master-edition?hmb_source=search_bar

Its like $3.
>>
>>337270385

No, I'm not. The only bias is that I liked the game, backed it and put in my request to invest because I think their first game was unique. Its close to its stretch goal, so I want it to be a deeper game if it makes it to said goal or beyond. I'm not being paid a damn thing .
>>
>>337270457
The ending of the first one bugged me, seeing the Tower through the clouds right before the credits. Glad they're continuing it.
>>
>>337270730

Yeah, it was always planned to be a trilogy and if we back it the second entry will be even better than the first. Its notable that your experiences in the first game, will be importable! From their page...

"It is important to note that ALL of your completed saved game data will be fully importable into The Tower. This means that what characters ended up where, inventory, decisions, relationships, and many conversational choices will be preserved as they were at the end of Game One, and in turn will affect situations and dialogue throughout The Tower.

New to the Franchise: Rest assured that you do NOT have to play Consortium Game One in order to fully understand and enjoy the Tower from start to finish."
>>
>>337271402
Nice, I'm going to re-install and run through it again to have a fresh save.
>>
>>337271658

Enjoy! I'll do the same. Oh, for anyone wondering it works great in Linux via WINE. You may want to set up a couple saves, depending on who and what you wish to support or ally against.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.